Dec. 9th, 1941
Hollywood, California, USA
Guest TV Roles
Seaman Howard Spicer
Judge Bob Gibbs
Major General Hank Landry
Sheriff Scaley Briggs (Voiced)
Beau Bridges is the son of actor 'Lloyd Bridges' and his wife, who was his college sweetheart, 'Dorothy Dean Bridges'. Born just two days after the attack on Pearl Harbour, he was delivered by candlelight because of a power blackout. Named Lloyd Vernet Bridges III, his parents immediately started calling him Beau after Ashley Wilkes' son in Gone with the Wind (1939), a book they were reading at the time. His younger brother, actor 'Jeff Bridges', was born in 1949 and a sister, 'Cindy Bridges', the following year.
Although only 5'10", Beau played basketball for UCLA his freshman year. The following year he transferred to the University of Hawaii, but dropped out to pursue acting and got his first major role in 1967. During his first marriage to Julie Landifield, they adopted 'Casey Bridges' and then had 'Jordan Bridges'. He and his second wife, Wendy Treece Bridges, have three children from this marriage: 'Dylan Bridges' (born 1985); 'Emily Bridges', (born 1987) and Ezekiel Jeffry Bridges.
Bridges likes to play guitar and collects Native American percussion instruments. He also loves the ocean, including swimming and surfing. He is also active in environmental causes and handgun control.
- Another brother, Garrett Myles Bridges was born in June of 1948 but died of SIDS less than two months later.
- Son of 'Lloyd Bridges' (qv).
- He was born one day before his _Village of the Giants (1965)_ (qv) co-star 'Tommy Kirk' (qv).
- Especially active as president of an environmental group Ventura Coast Keeper in native California. Is pushing state to buy and preserve 265 acres of wetlands near Oxnard now sought by mammoth Occidental Petroleum Corp.
- Starred with father 'Lloyd Bridges' (qv) and son 'Dylan Bridges' (qv) in Showtime's _"The Outer Limits" (1995)_ (qv) on 22 March 1995.
- Son of 'Dorothy Dean Bridges' (qv).
- Brother of 'Cindy Bridges' (qv).
- He was a very promising basketball player in his youth, and was scouted by quite a few NBA teams.