Apr. 24th, 1942
Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York, USA
Barbra Streisand's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2012 - Paul Williams Still Alive
2012 - The Guilt Trip
2010 - Little Fockers
2007 - Heckler
2004 - Meet the Fockers
1996 - The Mirror Has Two Faces
1991 - The Prince of Tides
1987 - Nuts
1983 - Yentl
1979 - The Main Event
1976 - A Star Is Born
1975 - Funny Lady
1974 - For Pete's Sake
1973 - The Way We Were
1972 - Up the Sandbox
1972 - What's Up, Doc?
1970 - On a Clear Day You Can See Forever
1970 - The Owl and the Pussycat
1969 - Hello, Dolly!
1968 - Funny Girl
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Singer
Herself - Guest
Barbra Streisand (Voiced)
Barbra Streisand was born on April 24, 1942, in Brooklyn, New York. She is an actress, director, producer and writer. Among her many films are Hello, Dolly! (1969), A Star Is Born (1976), Yentl (1983) and The Mirror Has Two Faces (1996). As a child she attended the Beis Yakov Jewish School in Brooklyn. She is good friends with singer/songwriter Neil Diamond (I), with whom she dueted on the smash hit song, "You Don't Bring Me Flowers". They both attended the same high school and sang together in the school choir. Barbra has one son, Jason Gould (I), with ex-husband Elliott Gould. She is now married to James Brolin. She has won many awards including two Oscars, five Emmys, eight Golden Globes, three People's Choice Awards, two Women in Film Crystal Awards and two ASCAP Film and Television Music Awards. Barbra has also received an American Film Institute award and a Cecil B. DeMille Award.
- Turned down the role of Eva Peron in _Evita (1996)_ (qv). She was the first choice of 'Ken Russell (I)' (qv), who was the first director attached to the film.
- Directed 4 different actors in Oscar-nominated performances: 'Amy Irving' (qv), 'Nick Nolte' (qv), 'Kate Nelligan' (qv) and 'Lauren Bacall' (qv).
- Has sold 70 million records worldwide.
- She was awarded the American National Medal of the Arts in 2000 by the National Endowment of the Arts in Washington D.C.
- Second single largest grossing American concert engagement, with $16.6 million, seven performances, Madison Square Garden, 1994 (#1: $19 million, 'Bruce Springsteen' (qv) & The E Street Band, 15 performances, Continental Airlines Arena, 1999).
- When she and 'Neil Diamond (I)' (qv) had a smash hit in 1978 with "You Don't Bring Me Flowers", it was not the first time that the Brooklyn-born superstars had sung together. While students at New York City's Erasmus High School, they both sang in the school choir.
- [June 8, 2005] Manager 'Martin Erlichman' (qv) announced 2006 20 City Fall Charity Tour.
- Is close friends with 'Dustin Hoffman' (qv) and 'Dick Van Dyke' (qv).