Apr. 24th, 1942
Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York, USA
Barbra Streisand's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Barbra Streisand was born on April 24, 1942, in Brooklyn, New York. She is an actress, director, producer and writer. Among her many films are Hello, Dolly! (1969), A Star Is Born (1976), Yentl (1983) and The Mirror Has Two Faces (1996). As a child she attended the Beis Yakov Jewish School in Brooklyn. She is good friends with singer/songwriter Neil Diamond (I), with whom she dueted on the smash hit song, "You Don't Bring Me Flowers". They both attended the same high school and sang together in the school choir. Barbra has one son, Jason Gould (I), with ex-husband Elliott Gould. She is now married to James Brolin. She has won many awards including two Oscars, five Emmys, eight Golden Globes, three People's Choice Awards, two Women in Film Crystal Awards and two ASCAP Film and Television Music Awards. Barbra has also received an American Film Institute award and a Cecil B. DeMille Award.
- Was considered for the role of Liliane La Fleur in _Nine (2009)_ (qv), but the part was eventually given to 'Judi Dench' (qv).
- Only artist to receive Oscar, Tony, Emmy, Grammy, Golden Globe, CableACE and Peabody awards.
- Dated former Canadian Prime Minister 'Pierre Trudeau' (qv).
- Favorite color is white.
- Ranked #31 on VH1's 100 Greatest Women of Rock N Roll
- Shoe size: 8AA Bra size: 34B Panties size: 6 (from donations to charity auctions)
- Second single largest grossing American concert engagement, with $16.6 million, seven performances, Madison Square Garden, 1994 (#1: $19 million, 'Bruce Springsteen' (qv) & The E Street Band, 15 performances, Continental Airlines Arena, 1999).
- Attended Bais Yakov School in Brooklyn, New York as a child.