Apr. 24th, 1942
Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York, USA
Barbra Streisand's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Little Fockers
2007 - Heckler
2004 - Meet the Fockers
1996 - The Mirror Has Two Faces
1991 - The Prince of Tides
1983 - Yentl
1979 - The Main Event
1976 - A Star Is Born
1975 - Funny Lady
1974 - For Pete's Sake
1973 - The Way We Were
1972 - Up the Sandbox
1972 - What's Up, Doc?
1970 - The Owl and the Pussycat
1970 - On a Clear Day You Can See Forever
1969 - Hello, Dolly!
1968 - Funny Girl
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Singer
Barbra Streisand was born on April 24, 1942, in Brooklyn, New York. She is an actress, director, producer and writer. Among her many films are Hello, Dolly! (1969), A Star Is Born (1976), Yentl (1983) and The Mirror Has Two Faces (1996). As a child she attended the Beis Yakov Jewish School in Brooklyn. She is good friends with singer/songwriter Neil Diamond (I), with whom she dueted on the smash hit song, "You Don't Bring Me Flowers". They both attended the same high school and sang together in the school choir. Barbra has one son, Jason Gould (I), with ex-husband Elliott Gould. She is now married to James Brolin. She has won many awards including two Oscars, five Emmys, eight Golden Globes, three People's Choice Awards, two Women in Film Crystal Awards and two ASCAP Film and Television Music Awards. Barbra has also received an American Film Institute award and a Cecil B. DeMille Award.
- Mother of actor 'Jason Gould (I)' (qv).
- Named the best selling female singer of the 20th Century. She has sold more than 68 million records, with 47 Gold, 28 Platinum and 13 Multi-Platinum.
- When she and 'Neil Diamond (I)' (qv) had a smash hit in 1978 with "You Don't Bring Me Flowers", it was not the first time that the Brooklyn-born superstars had sung together. While students at New York City's Erasmus High School, they both sang in the school choir.
- Has a great fear of performing live.
- During the filming of _Hello, Dolly! (1969)_ (qv), Barbra and co-star 'Walter Matthau' (qv) fought bitterly. He disliked her so intensely that he refused to be around her except when required to do so by the script. He is famously quoted as telling Barbra that she "had no more talent than a butterfly's fart". Interestingly, he is clearly seen in the audience at Barbra's _One Voice (1986) (TV)_ (qv) concert at her Malibu ranch, where invitation-only guests paid $5,000 per couple to help establish the Streisand Foundation, which supports numerous charitable organizations. Apparently, he did not hold grudges.
- Lost the 1964 Tony award for Best Actress in a Musical (nominated for "Funny Girl") to 'Carol Channing' (qv) who won for "Hello, Dolly" - a role Streisand played in the movie version in _Hello, Dolly! (1969)_ (qv).
- Received a Special Tony Award in 1970. Previously, she was nominated twice for a Tony: in 1962 as Best Supporting or Featured Actress (Musical) for "I Can Get It for You Wholesale," and in 1964 as Best Actress (Musical) for portraying 'Fanny Brice' (qv) in "Funny Girl," a signature role she recreated in her Oscar- winning performance in the film version of the same name, _Funny Girl (1968)_ (qv).
- Measurements: 36-25-36 (1960s measures), 34 1/2B-27 1/2-33 1/2 (filming _The Main Event (1979)_ (qv)), 34B-25-36 (1995 stats). (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine).