Apr. 24th, 1942
Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York, USA
Barbra Streisand's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2012 - Paul Williams Still Alive
2012 - The Guilt Trip
2010 - Little Fockers
2007 - Heckler
2004 - Meet the Fockers
1996 - The Mirror Has Two Faces
1991 - The Prince of Tides
1987 - Nuts
1983 - Yentl
1979 - The Main Event
1976 - A Star Is Born
1975 - Funny Lady
1974 - For Pete's Sake
1973 - The Way We Were
1972 - What's Up, Doc?
1972 - Up the Sandbox
1970 - On a Clear Day You Can See Forever
1970 - The Owl and the Pussycat
1969 - Hello, Dolly!
1968 - Funny Girl
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Singer
Herself - Guest
Barbra Streisand was born on April 24, 1942, in Brooklyn, New York. She is an actress, director, producer and writer. Among her many films are Hello, Dolly! (1969), A Star Is Born (1976), Yentl (1983) and The Mirror Has Two Faces (1996). As a child she attended the Beis Yakov Jewish School in Brooklyn. She is good friends with singer/songwriter Neil Diamond (I), with whom she dueted on the smash hit song, "You Don't Bring Me Flowers". They both attended the same high school and sang together in the school choir. Barbra has one son, Jason Gould (I), with ex-husband Elliott Gould. She is now married to James Brolin. She has won many awards including two Oscars, five Emmys, eight Golden Globes, three People's Choice Awards, two Women in Film Crystal Awards and two ASCAP Film and Television Music Awards. Barbra has also received an American Film Institute award and a Cecil B. DeMille Award.
- First woman since the silent era to direct, produce, write and star in a feature film; she also sings (_Yentl (1983)_ (qv)).
- In 2006, she donated $11,750,000 to the Barbra Streisand Foundation, numerous civil liberties, environmental, and civil rights organizations "dedicated to democratic values".
- Has an older brother, Sheldon Streisand.
- Dated former Canadian Prime Minister 'Pierre Trudeau' (qv).
- In a controversial decision, she was allowed to become a voting member of the Academy prior to her first film, _Funny Girl (1968)_ (qv), even being released and won the Oscar in a tie with 'Katharine Hepburn' (qv) in _The Lion in Winter (1968)_ (qv) a few months later. Presumably she voted for herself, so if she hadn't been allowed to join early, she wouldn't have won.
- Godmother of 'Caleigh Peters' (qv)
- Was the first choice for Sally Bowles in _Cabaret (1972)_ (qv) but Streisand turned it down because she wanted to move away from musicals. As a result the part was given to second choice 'Liza Minnelli' (qv), who went on to win an Academy Award for her performance.
- Was considered for the part of Dwan in _King Kong (1976)_ (qv).