Apr. 24th, 1942
Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York, USA
Barbra Streisand's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2012 - Paul Williams Still Alive
2012 - The Guilt Trip
2010 - Little Fockers
2007 - Heckler
2004 - Meet the Fockers
1996 - The Mirror Has Two Faces
1991 - The Prince of Tides
1987 - Nuts
1983 - Yentl
1979 - The Main Event
1976 - A Star Is Born
1975 - Funny Lady
1974 - For Pete's Sake
1973 - The Way We Were
1972 - Up the Sandbox
1972 - What's Up, Doc?
1970 - On a Clear Day You Can See Forever
1970 - The Owl and the Pussycat
1969 - Hello, Dolly!
1968 - Funny Girl
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Singer
Herself - Guest
Herself - Guest
Barbra Streisand (Voiced)
Barbra Streisand was born on April 24, 1942, in Brooklyn, New York. She is an actress, director, producer and writer. Among her many films are Hello, Dolly! (1969), A Star Is Born (1976), Yentl (1983) and The Mirror Has Two Faces (1996). As a child she attended the Beis Yakov Jewish School in Brooklyn. She is good friends with singer/songwriter Neil Diamond (I), with whom she dueted on the smash hit song, "You Don't Bring Me Flowers". They both attended the same high school and sang together in the school choir. Barbra has one son, Jason Gould (I), with ex-husband Elliott Gould. She is now married to James Brolin. She has won many awards including two Oscars, five Emmys, eight Golden Globes, three People's Choice Awards, two Women in Film Crystal Awards and two ASCAP Film and Television Music Awards. Barbra has also received an American Film Institute award and a Cecil B. DeMille Award.
- When she and 'Neil Diamond (I)' (qv) had a smash hit in 1978 with "You Don't Bring Me Flowers", it was not the first time that the Brooklyn-born superstars had sung together. While students at New York City's Erasmus High School, they both sang in the school choir.
- She and 'Shirley MacLaine' (qv) celebrate their joint birthday together every year.
- She was voted the 54th Greatest Movie Star of all time by Entertainment Weekly.
- Second single largest grossing American concert engagement, with $16.6 million, seven performances, Madison Square Garden, 1994 (#1: $19 million, 'Bruce Springsteen' (qv) & The E Street Band, 15 performances, Continental Airlines Arena, 1999).
- Solo artist with longest time span between first #1 and latest #1 albums (33 years between "People" and "Higher Ground").
- Graduated from Erasmus Hall High School in Brooklyn.
- Is good friends with 'Shirley MacLaine' (qv) and 'Donna Karan' (qv).