Jun. 13th, 1986
Sherman Oaks, California, USA
Ashley Olsen's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2003 - Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle
1995 - It Takes Two
1994 - The Little Rascals
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest
She and her twin sister, 'Mary-Kate Olsen', were born June 13, 1986 in Sherman Oaks, California to David and Jarnette Olsen. The twins began their acting career in 1987 when they were chosen to play the role of Michelle Tanner on a new TV series, Full House (1987). The show became a hit with books, dolls, and other merchandise being sold to promote it, and during the years the show was on the air, the Olsen twins had a TVQ (popularity rating) second only to 'Bill Cosby'.
The twins continued to share the role through the show's end in 1995. During the years of Full House (1987) they teamed up with Robert Thorne II and created Dualstar, their production company. Soon they had recorded an album titled Brother For Sale and a music video called Our First Video (1993) (V). In the years that followed they starred in three straight to video movies, To Grandmother's House We Go (1992), Double, Double, Toil and Trouble (1993), and How the West Was Fun (1994).
They also created their own video series called The Adventures of Mary-Kate and Ashley, in which they were pint size detectives who would "solve any crime by dinner time".They also have another successful video series, You're Invited to Mary-Kate and Ashley's and both video series continue to be popular today. In 1995 they made their big screen debut in It Takes Two (1995) and in the next few years they continued to make videos in their series. In 1998 they returned to TV in the short-lived series, Two of a Kind (1998). They made a few more TV movies, appeared on many talk shows, and began work on a new TV series titled So Little Time (2001). They currently live in California with their mom, older brother Trent and younger sister Lizzie. They visit their dad, step-mom, Mackenzie and step siblings, Taylor and Jake.
- In 2004, her wealth was estimated to be $137 million.
- Ranked #3 in VH1's list of the "100 Greatest Kid Stars" with sister Mary Kate
- Named #32 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)
- Abandoning her acting career to pursue her dream of fashion designing full-time [May 13, 2009].
- Older sister of 'Elizabeth Olsen' (qv).
- In real life she and Mary-Kate are very close to 'John Stamos' (qv), who played their uncle Jesse on _"Full House" (1987)_ (qv).
- Has a line of clothing with sister Mary-Kate that is sold at Wal-Mart
- Ranked #47 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2008 list. (Once again she was listed alone, her sister Mary-Kate was not on the list.).