Jun. 13th, 1986
Sherman Oaks, California, USA
Ashley Olsen's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2003 - Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle
1995 - It Takes Two
1994 - The Little Rascals
Guest TV Roles
She and her twin sister, Mary-Kate Olsen, were born June 13, 1986 in Sherman Oaks, California to David and Jarnette Olsen. The twins began their acting career in 1987 when they were chosen to play the role of Michelle Tanner on a new TV series, "Full House" (1987). The show became a hit with books, dolls, and other merchandise being sold to promote it, and during the years the show was on the air, the Olsen twins had a TVQ (popularity rating) second only to Bill Cosby. The twins continued to share the role through the show's end in 1995. During the years of "Full House" (1987) they teamed up with Robert Thorne (II) and created Dualstar, their production company. Soon they had recorded an album titled Brother For Sale and a music video called Our First Video (1993) (V). In the years that followed they starred in three straight to video movies, To Grandmother's House We Go (1992) (TV), Double, Double, Toil and Trouble (1993) (TV), and How the West Was Fun (1994) (TV). They also created their own video series called The Adventures of Mary-Kate and Ashley, in which they were pint size detectives who would "solve any crime by dinner time." They also have another successful video series, You're Invited to Mary-Kate and Ashley's and both video series continue to be popular today. In 1995 they made their big screen debut in It Takes Two (1995) and in the next few years they continued to make videos in their series. In 1998 they returned to TV in the short-lived series, "Two of a Kind" (1998). They made a few more TV movies, appeared on many talk shows, and began work on a new TV series titled "So Little Time" (2001). They currently live in California with their mom, older brother Trent and younger sister Lizzie. They visit their dad, step-mom, Mackenzie and step siblings, Taylor and Jake.
- Enjoys playing golf.
- She and her sister Mary-Kate were both ranked#6 in E's 50 most cutest child stars all grown up.(2005)
- Hobbies include dancing and tennis.
- 14 February 2005 - she filed a $20M libel suit against the "National Inquirer" for alleging her involvement in a drug scandal.
- In 1993 she and Mary-Kate were supposed to play young Eves (Teena and Cindy) on _"The X Files" (1993)_ (qv), but were eventually replaced by the Krievins twins ('Erika Krievins' (qv) and 'Sabrina Krievins' (qv)) from the nearby of Vancouver. The reason were very strict child labor laws.
- She will be appearing alone on the cover of the July (2005) issue of Harpers Bazaar
- She and her sister originally had their ears pierced when they were ten, but the piercings became infected and they had to remove the earrings and let the holes in their ears heal up. They then waited until they were sixteen before having them pierced again.
- Was ranked #5 on Forbes List of The 20 Top-Earning Young Superstars.(2007). with sister Mary Kate.