27 (passed away Jun. 19th, 2016)
Mar. 11th, 1989
Leningrad, USSR [now St. Petersburg, Russia]
Anton Yelchin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2016 - Green Room
2016 - The Driftless Area
2015 - Experimenter
2015 - 5 to 7
2015 - Cymbeline
2015 - Burying the Ex
2014 - Only Lovers Left Alive
2014 - Rudderless
2013 - The Smurfs 2
2012 - Star Trek 2
2011 - The Beaver
2011 - Like Crazy
2011 - You and I
2011 - Fright Night
2009 - Terminator: Salvation
2009 - Star Trek
2008 - Middle of Nowhere
2007 - Charlie Bartlett
2006 - Alpha Dog
2004 - House of D
2001 - 15 Minutes
2001 - Hearts in Atlantis
2001 - Along Came a Spider
2001 - Delivering Milo
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Anton Yelchin is an American actor best known for starring as Bobby Garfield opposite Anthony Hopkins in Hearts in Atlantis (2001), and as Tommy opposite Robin Williams (I) in the House of D (2004).
He was born Anton Viktorovich Yelchin on March 11, 1989, in Leningrad (now St. Petersburg), Russia, Soviet Union. His father, Viktor Yelchin, and his mother, Irina, were a successful pair of professional figure-skaters in Leningrad, and his grandfather was also a professional sportsman, a soccer player. Yelchin was only a 6-month-old baby when he emigrated to the United States, where his parents eventually developed coaching careers.
Young Anton Yelchin demonstrated his strong personality from the early age of 4, he declined his parent's tutelage in figure skating, because he was fond of acting, and he knew exactly what he wanted to do in his life. Since his school years, he attended acting class in Los Angeles, and eventually he was noticed by casting agents. In 2000, at the age of 10, Yelchin made his debut on television, appearing as Robbie Edelstein in _ER: Be Still My Heart (2000 TV episode)_.
At the age of 11, Yelchin shot to fame as Bobby Garfield co-starring opposite Anthony Hopkins in Hearts in Atlantis (2001), and earning himself the 2002 Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a Feature Film as Leading Young Actor. Over the course of his short acting career, he already played roles in more than twenty feature films and television productions. He is billed as Pavel Chekov in the latest installment of the 'Star Trek' franchise, Star Trek (2009).
Outside of his acting profession, Anton Yelchin loves reading, he is also fond of playing chess. He writes music and performs with a band where he also plays piano and guitar. He is living in Los Angeles, California.
- Hope Davis has played his on-screen mother in two movies: Hearts in Atlantis (2001) and Charlie Bartlett (2008).
- Is an only child.
- Was ranked #12 on Moviefone's 'The 25 Hottest Actors Under 25'(2008).
- Both his parents are still involved in figure skating. His father Viktor is a coach in California and his mother Irina is a figure skating choreographer.
- He and 'Walter Koenig (I)' (qv), who preceded him as Pavel Chekov, are both of Russian and Jewish ancestry.
- Loves playing chess and reading.
- One of People Magazine's 100 Most Beautiful People 2009.
- He graduated high school at Sherman Oaks Center for Enriched Studies in Reseda, California.