Jan. 31st, 1959
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Anthony LaPaglia's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
LaPaglia currently lives in Santa Monica, California, USA. He has said that he adopted an American accent to help him get acting work after moving to the US. His current accent is neither distinctly American nor is it Australian, but rather a combination of both. According to an offhand remark by LaPaglia, he has employed an American accent since 1982.
LaPaglia's first marriage was to actress Cherie Michan. He is currently married to actress Gia Carides, whom he met at a party; the two starred in the 1994 (Ben Lewin) Australian movie Paperback Romance (a.k.a. Lucky Break) and married in 1998. Their daughter Bridget was born in January 2003.
- Starred with 'Debi Mazar' (qv) in _So I Married an Axe Murderer (1993)_ (qv) as a love interest, then again in _Empire Records (1995)_ (qv) as a love interest yet again.
- Son of Maria LaPaglia (secretary) and Eddie LaPaglia (auto mechanic).
- Listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1991" in John Willis' Screen World, Vol. 43.
- Last name is pronounced La Pah-lia
- Welcomed daughter, with 'Gia Carides' (qv), named Bridget born January 2003.
- He has his date of birth tattooed on his left forearm in Roman Numerals: I XXXI MCMLIX.
- Plays in goal for Hollywood United Football Team.
- Filmed scenes playing as Chicago gangster 'Al Capone' (qv) for the 2001 'Tom Hanks' (qv) drama _Road to Perdition (2002)_ (qv), but all the scenes were cut out.