Apr. 1st, 1952
Houston, Texas, USA
Annette O'Toole's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1994 - Andre
1990 - Love at Large
1987 - Cross My Heart
1983 - Superman III
1982 - Cat People
1982 - 48 Hrs.
1978 - King of the Gypsies
1975 - Smile
1970 - Little Big Man
Guest TV Roles
Dorothy 'Dottie' Thorson
Commander Lydia Manning
Annette O'Toole (born Annette Toole; April 1, 1952) in Houston, Texas, the daughter of Dorothy Geraldine (née Niland) and William West Toole, Jr. Her mother taught dance, something O'Toole learned at the age of 3. She started taking acting lessons after family moved to Los Angeles when she was 13; her first role was on The Danny Kaye Show. She also had guest appearances in shows such as My Three Sons (1960), The Virginian, Gunsmoke, Hawaii Five-O, and The Partridge Family.
- Has been mentioned in four _"Jeopardy!" (1984)_ (qv) categories: Superman, Country Music, TV Shows By Cast and They All Played Country Singers.
- In the comics, the two Superman characters she has played Martha Kent and Lana Lang are 5' 4". This is her height in real life.
- Is immortalized in a song written and performed by a musical group called The Davenports.
- Almost substituted for 'Parker Posey' (qv) during a 2003 concert tour that was done in connection with _A Mighty Wind (2003)_ (qv).
- Played Clark Kent's teenage sweetheart, Lana Lang, in _Superman III (1983)_ (qv), and his (adoptive) mother, Martha Kent, in _"Smallville" (2001)_ (qv).
- Formerly lived in Ashland, Oregon.
- Studied acting with 'Peggy Feury (I)' (qv) at the Loft Studio in California.
- She plays the harp and the mandolin.