Apr. 1st, 1952
Houston, Texas, USA
Annette O'Toole's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2000 - Here On Earth
1994 - Andre
1990 - Love at Large
1983 - Superman III
1982 - 48 Hrs.
1982 - Cat People
1978 - King of the Gypsies
1975 - Smile
1970 - Little Big Man
Guest TV Roles
Dorothy 'Dottie' Thorson
Commander Lydia Manning
O'Toole was born Annette Toole in Houston, Texas, the daughter of Dorothy Geraldine (née Niland) and William West Toole, Jr. Her mother taught dance, something O'Toole learned at the age of 3. She started taking acting lessons after family moved to Los Angeles when she was 13; her first role was on The Danny Kaye Show. She also had guest appearances in shows such as My Three Sons (1960), The Virginian, Gunsmoke, Hawaii Five-O, and The Partridge Family.
- Has been mentioned in four _"Jeopardy!" (1984)_ (qv) categories: Superman, Country Music, TV Shows By Cast and They All Played Country Singers.
- Is immortalized in a song written and performed by a musical group called The Davenports.
- Played Clark Kent's teenage sweetheart, Lana Lang, in _Superman III (1983)_ (qv), and his (adoptive) mother, Martha Kent, in _"Smallville" (2001)_ (qv).
- She plays the harp and the mandolin.
- Co-wrote Oscar-nominated song "A Kiss At The End Of The Rainbow" for _A Mighty Wind (2003)_ (qv) with husband 'Michael McKean (I)' (qv). The couple performed their version when they were presenters at the 8th Annual Art Directors Guild Awards in Beverly Hills in 2004, as well as during TV and radio appearances.
- 'Vickie Howell' (qv), the host of _"Knitty Gritty" (2004)_ (qv), the cable TV show, named a scarf for Annette. It's called the Lana And Clark Ascot.
- In the comics, the two Superman characters she has played Martha Kent and Lana Lang are 5' 4". This is her height in real life.
- Studied acting with 'Peggy Feury (I)' (qv) at the Loft Studio in California.