Apr. 1st, 1952
Houston, Texas, USA
Annette O'Toole's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Annette O'Toole (born Annette Toole; April 1, 1952) in Houston, Texas, the daughter of Dorothy Geraldine (née Niland) and William West Toole, Jr. Her mother taught dance, something O'Toole learned at the age of 3. She started taking acting lessons after family moved to Los Angeles when she was 13; her first role was on The Danny Kaye Show. She also had guest appearances in shows such as My Three Sons (1960), The Virginian, Gunsmoke, Hawaii Five-O, and The Partridge Family.
- In the comics, the two Superman characters she has played Martha Kent and Lana Lang are 5' 4". This is her height in real life.
- Has been mentioned in four _"Jeopardy!" (1984)_ (qv) categories: Superman, Country Music, TV Shows By Cast and They All Played Country Singers.
- Annette used her knack for knitting to raise funds for the Maryland chapter of the Alzheimer's Association. She designed an afghan blanket which was auctioned off on eBay. She and her fellow _"Smallville" (2001)_ (qv) cast and crew members knitted the squares that made up the blanket. Also, she participated in a similar project with other celebrity knitters to raise funds for those affected by the 9/11 tragedy.
- Is immortalized in a song written and performed by a musical group called The Davenports.
- Played Clark Kent's teenage sweetheart, Lana Lang, in _Superman III (1983)_ (qv), and his (adoptive) mother, Martha Kent, in _"Smallville" (2001)_ (qv).
- Almost substituted for 'Parker Posey' (qv) during a 2003 concert tour that was done in connection with _A Mighty Wind (2003)_ (qv).
- Studied acting with 'Peggy Feury (I)' (qv) at the Loft Studio in California.
- Formerly lived in Ashland, Oregon.