Apr. 1st, 1952
Houston, Texas, USA
Annette O'Toole's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2000 - Here On Earth
1994 - Andre
1990 - Love at Large
1983 - Superman III
1982 - 48 Hrs.
1982 - Cat People
1978 - King of the Gypsies
1975 - Smile
1970 - Little Big Man
Guest TV Roles
Dorothy 'Dottie' Thorson
Commander Lydia Manning
O'Toole was born Annette Toole in Houston, Texas, the daughter of Dorothy Geraldine (née Niland) and William West Toole, Jr. Her mother taught dance, something O'Toole learned at the age of 3. She started taking acting lessons after family moved to Los Angeles when she was 13; her first role was on The Danny Kaye Show. She also had guest appearances in shows such as My Three Sons (1960), The Virginian, Gunsmoke, Hawaii Five-O, and The Partridge Family.
- In the comics, the two Superman characters she has played Martha Kent and Lana Lang are 5' 4". This is her height in real life.
- Co-wrote Oscar-nominated song "A Kiss At The End Of The Rainbow" for _A Mighty Wind (2003)_ (qv) with husband 'Michael McKean (I)' (qv). The couple performed their version when they were presenters at the 8th Annual Art Directors Guild Awards in Beverly Hills in 2004, as well as during TV and radio appearances.
- She has two daughters from her first marriage. Their names are 'Nell Geisslinger' (qv) and Anna Geisslinger.
- Annette used her knack for knitting to raise funds for the Maryland chapter of the Alzheimer's Association. She designed an afghan blanket which was auctioned off on eBay. She and her fellow _"Smallville" (2001)_ (qv) cast and crew members knitted the squares that made up the blanket. Also, she participated in a similar project with other celebrity knitters to raise funds for those affected by the 9/11 tragedy.
- Is immortalized in a song written and performed by a musical group called The Davenports.
- Almost substituted for 'Parker Posey' (qv) during a 2003 concert tour that was done in connection with _A Mighty Wind (2003)_ (qv).
- 'Vickie Howell' (qv), the host of _"Knitty Gritty" (2004)_ (qv), the cable TV show, named a scarf for Annette. It's called the Lana And Clark Ascot.
- Played Clark Kent's teenage sweetheart, Lana Lang, in _Superman III (1983)_ (qv), and his (adoptive) mother, Martha Kent, in _"Smallville" (2001)_ (qv).