Jul. 12th, 1976
Rochdale, Lancashire, England, UK
Anna Friel's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger
2009 - Land of the Lost
2008 - Bathory
2007 - Goal II: Living the Dream
2003 - Timeline
2000 - An Everlasting Piece
1999 - A Midsummer Night's Dream
1999 - Rogue Trader
Guest TV Roles
Anna Louise Friel (born 12 July 1976) is an English actress. She rose to fame in the UK as Beth Jordache on Channel 4 soap Brookside, and has worked consistently in film and TV since. born in Rochdale, Greater Manchester, She attended Crompton House Church of England High School, in High Crompton, Shaw and Crompton. She then attended Holy Cross College in Bury. Friel became interested in acting at an early age and received frequent praise for her work at local talent shows, following the cancellation of Pushing Daisies, Friel was offered six pilots but declined all six roles in favour of focusing on her movie career.some being, London Boulevard,Angel Makers,You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger,Neverland,Treasure guards,Limitless a 2011 American techno-thriller film directed by Neil Burger and starring Bradley Cooper, Abbie Cornish, and Robert De Niro .
- Made her British stage debut in off-West End London production of "Lulu" by 'Frank Wedekind' (qv) in 2001.
- (9 July 2005) Gave birth to a baby girl, named Gracie Ellen Mary. This is her first child with actor 'David Thewlis' (qv). Gracie was born at London's Portland Hospital and weighed 7lb 4oz.
- Has one daughter named Gracie Ellen Mary.
- Made her American stage debut at New York City's Music Box in 1999 as Alice in 'Patrick Marber' (qv)'s "Closer".
- Lobbied for the role of "Nymphadora Tonks" in _Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)_ (qv), after the sixth book, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, revealed that "Tonks" was romantically involved with "Remus Lupin", who is played by her real-life boyfriend, 'David Thewlis' (qv).
- Dated 'Darren Day (I)' (qv).
- With boyfriend 'David Thewlis' (qv), became The Faces Of Mulberry for Spring 2002.
- Is of Irish descent.