Apr. 28th, 1941
Valsjöbyn, Jämtlands län, Sweden
Ann-Margret's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Swedish born singer, with red hair who started her Hollywood career in quiet roles that usually went unnoticed. She was discovered by the legendary George Burns (1896-1996), when she was just a cabaret singer, and was often typecast as a singing sexpot. In the early 1970s, she suffered a very bad fall that nearly ended her Hollywood career, but she fought back to be cast as a sexy older woman type. Twice nominated for an Academy Award: for Carnal Knowledge (1971), and Tommy (1975).
- 1995: Chosen by Empire magazine as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in film history (#10).
- Was a cheerleader at New Trier High School in Winnetka, Illinois. Other New Trier graduates include 'Ralph Bellamy' (qv), 'Charlton Heston' (qv), 'Rock Hudson' (qv), 'Hugh O'Brien (I)' (qv), 'Bruce Dern' (qv), 'Penelope Milford' (qv), 'Virginia Madsen' (qv) and 'Liz Phair' (qv).
- 8/19/2000: She suffered three broken ribs and a fractured shoulder when she was thrown off a motorcycle she was driving in rural Minnesota.
- Wrote her autobiography when she heard that an unauthorized biography was in the works and wanted to beat the unauthorized biography to press.
- Measurements: 35-23-35 (in 1965), 36D-25-36 (in 1986), (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Combining her previous work in _Viva Las Vegas (1964)_ (qv) with 'Elvis Presley' (qv)and guest starring on _"The Flintstones" (1960)_ (qv) as Ann-Margrock, she sang the title song in the Flintstones live action movie prequel _The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas (2000)_ (qv).
- Rode a 500cc Triumph T100C Tiger motorcycle in _The Swinger (1966)_ (qv) and the same model fitted with a non-standard electric starter in her stage show. A keen motorcyclist, she was featured in Triumph Motorcycles' official advertisements in the '60s--for obvious reasons!.
- Toured Vietnam with the USO during the Vietnam war.