Apr. 28th, 1941
Valsjöbyn, Jämtlands län, Sweden
Ann-Margret's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Old Dogs
2006 - The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause
2006 - The Break-Up
2002 - Interstate 60: Episodes of the Road
1999 - Any Given Sunday
1995 - Grumpier Old Men
1993 - Grumpy Old Men
1992 - Newsies
1986 - 52 Pick-Up
1985 - That's Dancing!
1982 - Lookin' to Get Out
1982 - I Ought to Be in Pictures
1979 - The Villain
1978 - Magic
1978 - The Cheap Detective
1977 - Joseph Andrews
1975 - Tommy
1972 - Un homme est mort
1971 - Carnal Knowledge
1967 - Mondo Hollywood
1966 - Stagecoach
1965 - Once a Thief
1965 - The Cincinnati Kid
1964 - Kitten with a Whip
1964 - Viva Las Vegas
1963 - Bye Bye Birdie
1962 - State Fair
1961 - Pocketful of Miracles
Guest TV Roles
Swedish born singer, with red hair who started her Hollywood career in quiet roles that usually went unnoticed. She was discovered by the legendary George Burns (1896-1996), when she was just a cabaret singer, and was often typecast as a singing sexpot. In the early 1970s, she suffered a very bad fall that nearly ended her Hollywood career, but she fought back to be cast as a sexy older woman type. Twice nominated for an Academy Award: for Carnal Knowledge (1971), and Tommy (1975).
- Measurements: 35-23-35 (in 1965), 36D-25-36 (in 1986), (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Attended Northwestern University (Evanston, IL).
- Was a cheerleader at New Trier High School in Winnetka, Illinois. Other New Trier graduates include 'Ralph Bellamy' (qv), 'Charlton Heston' (qv), 'Rock Hudson' (qv), 'Hugh O'Brien (I)' (qv), 'Bruce Dern' (qv), 'Penelope Milford' (qv), 'Virginia Madsen' (qv) and 'Liz Phair' (qv).
- Turned down the leading role in _Cat Ballou (1965)_ (qv), which eventually went to 'Jane Fonda' (qv).
- She formed a lifelong bond of friendship with 'Elvis Presley' (qv) in their first pairing in _Viva Las Vegas (1964)_ (qv). It was kept alive by Elvis' habit of sending a bouquet of flowers to all of her stage-show appearances, until he died in 1977. She reveals her romance with Elvis in her autobiography.
- Is not a natural redhead. That was 'Sydney Guilaroff' (qv)'s idea. The legendary hairdresser was also responsible for turning 'Lucille Ball' (qv) into a redhead.
- 'Ann-Margret' (qv) and 'George Burns' (qv) (who discovered her) were both Oscar nominees in 1975 (respectively for _Tommy (1975)_ (qv) and _The Sunshine Boys (1975)_ (qv). Mr. Burns won but not 'Ann-Margret' (qv).
- 1995: Chosen by Empire magazine as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in film history (#10).