Apr. 28th, 1941
Valsjöbyn, Jämtlands län, Sweden
Ann-Margret's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Old Dogs
2006 - The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause
2006 - The Break-Up
2006 - Tales of the Rat Fink
2004 - Taxi
2002 - Interstate 60: Episodes of the Road
1999 - The Limey
1999 - Any Given Sunday
1995 - Grumpier Old Men
1993 - Grumpy Old Men
1992 - Newsies
1986 - 52 Pick-Up
1982 - I Ought to Be in Pictures
1979 - The Villain
1978 - The Cheap Detective
1978 - Magic
1977 - Joseph Andrews
1975 - Tommy
1972 - Un homme est mort
1971 - Carnal Knowledge
1967 - Mondo Hollywood
1966 - Stagecoach
1965 - The Cincinnati Kid
1965 - Once a Thief
1964 - Kitten with a Whip
1964 - Viva Las Vegas
1963 - Bye Bye Birdie
1962 - State Fair
1961 - Pocketful of Miracles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Swedish born singer, with red hair who started her Hollywood career in quiet roles that usually went unnoticed. She was discovered by the legendary George Burns (1896-1996), when she was just a cabaret singer, and was often typecast as a singing sexpot. In the early 1970s, she suffered a very bad fall that nearly ended her Hollywood career, but she fought back to be cast as a sexy older woman type. Twice nominated for an Academy Award: for Carnal Knowledge (1971), and Tommy (1975).
- Was first choice to play 'Gypsy Rose Lee' (qv) in _Gypsy (1962)_ (qv).
- Both films for which she was Oscar nominated, _Carnal Knowledge (1971)_ (qv) and _Tommy (1975)_ (qv)), also co-starred 'Jack Nicholson' (qv).
- She had two Billboard Club Play charting hits.: in 1979 with "Love Rush," which climbed to #8, and in 1980 with "Midnight Message," that peaked at #12.
- Was a cheerleader at New Trier High School in Winnetka, Illinois. Other New Trier graduates include 'Ralph Bellamy' (qv), 'Charlton Heston' (qv), 'Rock Hudson' (qv), 'Hugh O'Brien (I)' (qv), 'Bruce Dern' (qv), 'Penelope Milford' (qv), 'Virginia Madsen' (qv) and 'Liz Phair' (qv).
- November 1960: Discovered by actor/comedian 'George Burns' (qv) when he heard her sing in a campus musical at Northwestern University and hired her to be a part of his Las Vegas act.
- Attended Northwestern University (Evanston, IL).
- Appeared on a network TV show featuring up-and-coming talent, and lost to a man who played "Lady of Spain" by blowing onto a leaf.
- 1995: Chosen by Empire magazine as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in film history (#10).