Jun. 4th, 1975
Los Angeles, California, USA
Angelina Jolie's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Maleficent
2010 - Smash His Camera
2010 - Salt
2008 - Wanted
2008 - Changeling
2008 - Kung Fu Panda
2007 - A Mighty Heart
2007 - Beowulf
2006 - The Good Shepherd
2005 - Mr. & Mrs. Smith
2004 - Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
2004 - Alexander
2004 - Shark Tale
2004 - Taking Lives
2003 - Lara Croft: Tomb Raider - The Cradle of Life
2002 - Life or Something Like It
2001 - Lara Croft: Tomb Raider
2001 - Original Sin
2000 - Gone in Sixty Seconds
1999 - Pushing Tin
1999 - Girl, Interrupted
1999 - The Bone Collector
1998 - Playing by Heart
1998 - Hell's Kitchen
1997 - Playing God
1996 - Foxfire
1996 - Mojave Moon
1995 - Hackers
1995 - Without Evidence
1993 - Cyborg 2
1982 - Lookin' to Get Out
Guest TV Roles
Herself (segment "Angelina")
Angelina Jolie (born Angelina Jolie Voight; June 4, 1975) is an American actress, film director, screenwriter, and author.
Born in Los Angeles, California, Jolie is the daughter of actors 'Jon Voight' and Marcheline Bertrand. She is the sister of actor 'James Haven', niece of singer-songwriter Chip Taylor, and goddaughter of actors 'Jacqueline Bisset' and 'Maximilian Schell'. On her father's side, Jolie is of German and Slovak descent, and on her mother's side, she is of primarily French Canadian, Dutch, and German ancestry. Like her mother, Jolie has stated that she is part Iroquois, although her only known indigenous ancestor was a Huron woman born in 1649.
After her parents' separation in 1976, Jolie and her brother lived with their mother, who had abandoned her acting ambitions to focus on raising her children. As a child, Jolie often watched movies with her mother and explained this had inspired her interest in acting; she stated that she was not influenced by her father's career. When she was six years old, her mother and stepfather, filmmaker Bill Day, moved the family to Palisades, New York; they returned to Los Angeles five years later. She then decided she wanted to act and enrolled at the Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute, where she trained for two years and appeared in several stage productions.
Jolie made her screen debut as a child alongside her father, Jon Voight, in Lookin' to Get Out (1982), but her film career began in earnest a decade later with the low-budget production Cyborg 2 (1993). Her first leading role in a major film was in the cyber-thriller Hackers (1995). She starred in the critically acclaimed biographical television films George Wallace (1997) and Gia (1998), and won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in the drama Girl, Interrupted (1999).
Jolie achieved wide fame after her portrayal of the video game heroine Lara Croft in Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (2001), and established herself among the highest-paid actresses in Hollywood with the sequel The Cradle of Life (2003). She continued her action star career with Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005), Wanted (2008), Salt (2010) and The Tourist (2010)—her biggest live-action commercial successes to date with international revenues of US$478 million, $341 million, $293 million and $278 million respectively—and she received further critical acclaim for her performances in the dramas A Mighty Heart (2007) and Changeling (2008), which earned her a nomination for an Academy Award for Best Actress. Jolie made her directorial debut with the wartime drama In the Land of Blood and Honey (2011).
She has received an Academy Award, two Screen Actors Guild Awards, and three Golden Globe Awards, and was named Hollywood's highest-paid actress by Forbes in 2009, 2011, and 2013. Jolie promotes humanitarian causes, and is noted for her work with refugees as a Special Envoy and former Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). She has been cited as the world's "most beautiful" woman by various media outlets, a title for which she has received substantial publicity.
Divorced from actors 'Jonny Lee Miller' and 'Billy Bob Thornton'.
In early 2005, Jolie was involved in a well-publicized Hollywood scandal when she was accused of being the reason for the divorce of actors 'Brad Pitt' and 'Jennifer Aniston'. She and Pitt were alleged to have started an affair during filming of Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005). She denied this on several occasions, but later admitted that they "fell in love" on the set. She explained in 2005, "To be intimate with a married man, when my own father cheated on my mother, is not something I could forgive. I could not look at myself in the morning if I did that. I wouldn't be attracted to a man who would cheat on his wife". Jolie and Pitt did not publicly comment on the nature of their relationship until January 2006, when Jolie confirmed to People that she was pregnant with Pitt's child. Pitt and Jolie announced their engagement in (April 2012), after seven years together. The couple—dubbed "Brangelina" by the entertainment media—are the subject of worldwide media coverage.
Jolie and Pitt have three biological children and three adopted children.
- The first-ever male to hold Jolie in his arms was 'Charley Boorman' (qv). He'd earlier served as a pageboy at the wedding of Jolie's parents 'Jon Voight' (qv) and 'Marcheline Bertrand' (qv) during the _Deliverance (1972)_ (qv) shoot, and later happened to be present during the delivery of Jolie. Boorman was just 8-years-old and Jolie was but an infant. Today (2008) Boorman quips that his epitaph should read: "I was the first man to get his hands on Angelina Jolie".
- She is of Czech and American descent on her father's side and French-Canadian and Haudenosaunee (Iroquian Indian) heritage on her mother's side.
- (2000) One of People Magazine's "50 Most Beautiful People."
- July 2002 - confirms break-up with actor 'Billy Bob Thornton' (qv).
- (2000) Angelina and her brother, to whom she is very close, publicly spoke out to deny false rumors that the two were having an incestuous love affair.
- Holds a Private Pilot Certificate with the Airplane, Single Engine, Land rating. This means that she is qualified to fly any single-engined aircraft based on land (i.e., no seaplanes) under visual flight rules only (i.e., no instrument qualifications yet so she cannot fly in conditions requiring instruments).
- Voted Hollywood's Sexiest Single Mother, in a poll for website Date.com.
- Chosen the greatest sex symbol of all time in the British television show "The 100 Greatest Sex Symbols" (February 2007).