Oct. 28th, 1966
Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
Andy Richter's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Penguins Of Madagascar
2014 - Misery Loves Comedy
2013 - The Arrested Development Documentary Project
2013 - The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
2012 - Madagascar 3 - Europe's Most Wanted
2011 - Conan O'Brien Can't Stop
2009 - Aliens in the Attic
2008 - Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
2008 - Semi-Pro
2007 - Blades of Glory
2007 - If I Had Known I Was a Genius
2006 - Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
2005 - The Aristocrats
2005 - Madagascar
2004 - Seeing Other People
2003 - Elf
2003 - My Boss's Daughter
2002 - Big Trouble
2002 - Big Trouble
2002 - Frank McKlusky, C.I.
2002 - Martin & Orloff
2001 - Scary Movie 2
2001 - Pootie Tang
2001 - Dr. Dolittle 2
2000 - Dr. T and the Women
2000 - Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2
1994 - Cabin Boy
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Announcer
Tweetzie Railroad Indian
Dating Agency Director (Voiced)
Andy was born in Grand Rapids, Michigan and raised in Yorkville, Illinois. He is the 2nd of four children. His parents divorced when he was 4. His father teaches Russian at Indiana University. His mother designs kitchen cabinets. He attended the University of Illinois Urbana/Champaign and then moved to Chicago's Columbia College to study film. Richter played in several Chicago improvisation groups before catching his role with 'Conan OBrien.
- Daughter, Mercy Josephine, was born March 2007.
- While attending Columbia College in Chicago, Andy had the title role in a class film called "My Dinner with Andy", a parody of the film _My Dinner with Andre (1981)_ (qv).
- Attended the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Attended Yorkville High School in Yorkville, Illinois.
- (1999) Set a record on Celebrity Jeopardy! for most money earned at $29,400 ($24,400 + $5000 victory bonus).
- His father is an expert in Russian linguistics.
- Last name means "judge" in German.
- On September 11th, 1999 show of _"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" (1993)_ (qv), announced his retirement from the show 9 months hence (mid-May 2000).