Oct. 28th, 1966
Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
Andy Richter's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Andy was born in Grand Rapids, Michigan and raised in Yorkville, Illinois. He is the 2nd of four children. His parents divorced when he was 4. His father teaches Russian at Indiana University. His mother designs kitchen cabinets. He attended the University of Illinois Urbana/Champaign and then moved to Chicago's Columbia College to study film. Richter played in several Chicago improvisation groups before catching his role with 'Conan OBrien.
- Last name means "judge" in German.
- Son, William Oscar, born 2001.
- (1999) Set a record on Celebrity Jeopardy! for most money earned at $29,400 ($24,400 + $5000 victory bonus).
- On September 11th, 1999 show of _"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" (1993)_ (qv), announced his retirement from the show 9 months hence (mid-May 2000).
- His father is an expert in Russian linguistics.
- Daughter, Mercy Josephine, was born March 2007.
- Was high school prom king.
- While attending Columbia College in Chicago, Andy had the title role in a class film called "My Dinner with Andy", a parody of the film _My Dinner with Andre (1981)_ (qv).