Jan. 15th, 1947
Portland, Maine, USA
Andrea Martin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Breaking Upwards
2006 - Black Christmas
2006 - How to Eat Fried Worms
2006 - The TV Set
2005 - The Producers
2002 - My Big Fat Greek Wedding
2001 - Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
2001 - Hedwig and the Angry Inch
2001 - Recess: School's Out
2000 - Loser
1998 - The Rugrats Movie
1997 - Wag the Dog
1997 - Anastasia
1996 - Bogus
1991 - Stepping Out
1991 - All I Want For Christmas
1989 - Rude Awakening
1989 - Worth Winning
1987 - InnerSpace
1986 - Club Paradise
1980 - Wholly Moses
1974 - Black Christmas
1964 - It's Not Just You, Murray!
Guest TV Roles
Mad Harriet (Voiced)
Aunt Miriam (Voiced)
Lecture Lady (Voiced)
Ms. Entebee (Voiced)
Mayor Gallagher (Voiced)
[no bio found]
- According to weekly Variety she has been cast as Frau Brucher in the Broadway bound Young Frankenstein 2007.
- Won two Emmy Awards for Outstanding Writing in a Variety or Music Program in 1982 and 1983.
- 1992 Tony Award for "My Favorite Year"
- Nominated for the 2008 Tony Award (New York City) for Supporting or Features Actress in a Musical for "Young Frankenstein".
- Andrea Martin is of Armenian descent - her grandfather's last name was Papazian when he immigrated in the early 1900s from Ottoman Turkey. When he settled his family in Maine, he changed the last name from Papazian to Martin.
- Has two sons - Joe (b. 1983) and Jack (b. 1981)
- Performed in children's theatre and summer stock before enrolling in Boston's Emerson College where she majored in theatre and speech.
- Won Broadway's 1992 Tony Award as Best Actress (Featured Role - Musical) for "My Favorite Year." Subsequently, she has twice been nominated in the same category: in 1997 for a reviival of "Candide" and in 2002 for playing Aunt Eller in a revival of "Oklahoma!"