Jan. 15th, 1947
Portland, Maine, USA
Andrea Martin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Breaking Upwards
2006 - Black Christmas
2006 - How to Eat Fried Worms
2006 - The TV Set
2005 - The Producers
2002 - My Big Fat Greek Wedding
2001 - Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
2001 - Hedwig and the Angry Inch
2001 - Recess: School's Out
2000 - Loser
1998 - The Rugrats Movie
1997 - Wag the Dog
1997 - Anastasia
1996 - Bogus
1991 - Stepping Out
1991 - All I Want For Christmas
1989 - Rude Awakening
1989 - Worth Winning
1987 - InnerSpace
1986 - Club Paradise
1980 - Wholly Moses
1974 - Black Christmas
1964 - It's Not Just You, Murray!
Guest TV Roles
Aunt Miriam (Voiced)
Mad Harriet (Voiced)
Lecture Lady (Voiced)
Ms. Entebee (Voiced)
Mayor Gallagher (Voiced)
Aunti Histamine (Voiced)
A veteran of television, stage, and film, Andrea Martin recently won the Tony, Drama Desk, and Outer Critics Awards for her show-stopping performance in the Broadway revival of Pippin. Her theater credits include the legendary Toronto production of Godspell in which she co-starred with Victor Garber as well as future collaborators and SCTV alumni Martin Short, Eugene Levy, and Dave Thomas. On SCTV, Martin not only earned two Emmys for her writing, but also created some of television’s most indelible sketch comedy characters including the hilarious leopard-skin clad Edith Prickley.
Martin has made memorable guest appearances on hit shows such as The Simpsons, 30 Rock, and Nurse Jackie. Her film appearances include The Producers, Wag the Dog, and My Big Fat Greek Wedding. She will be starring in the American premiere of James Lapine's Act One in the spring of 2014. Martin continues to tour with her one-woman show, Andrea Martin: Final Days! Everything Must Go! Harper Collins is publishing her book of humorous essays in the fall of 2014.
- Has two sons - Joe (b. 1983) and Jack (b. 1981)
- According to weekly Variety she has been cast as Frau Brucher in the Broadway bound Young Frankenstein 2007.
- Ex-sister-in-law of 'Nancy Dolman' (qv).
- 1992 Tony Award for "My Favorite Year"
- Andrea Martin is of Armenian descent - her grandfather's last name was Papazian when he immigrated in the early 1900s from Ottoman Turkey. When he settled his family in Maine, he changed the last name from Papazian to Martin.
- Wrote/Performed in critically acclaimed one-woman show in Los Angeles and New York entitled "Nude, Nude, Totally Nude".
- Her former brother-in-law is actor and comic, 'Martin Short (I)' (qv).
- Performed in children's theatre and summer stock before enrolling in Boston's Emerson College where she majored in theatre and speech.