Jan. 15th, 1947
Portland, Maine, USA
Andrea Martin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Showing Up
2014 - Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb
2013 - Girl Most Likely
2009 - Breaking Upwards
2006 - How to Eat Fried Worms
2006 - The TV Set
2006 - Black Christmas
2005 - The Producers
2002 - My Big Fat Greek Wedding
2001 - Recess: School's Out
2001 - Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
2001 - Hedwig and the Angry Inch
2000 - Loser
1998 - The Rugrats Movie
1997 - Wag the Dog
1997 - Anastasia
1997 - Anastasia
1996 - Bogus
1991 - Stepping Out
1990 - Too Much Sun
1989 - Worth Winning
1989 - Rude Awakening
1986 - Club Paradise
1980 - Wholly Moses
1974 - Black Christmas
Guest TV Roles
The Virgin Mary (Voiced)
Mad Harriet (Voiced)
Lecture Lady (Voiced)
Ms. Entebee (Voiced)
Mayor Gallagher (Voiced)
A veteran of television, stage, and film, Andrea Martin recently won the Tony, Drama Desk, and Outer Critics Awards for her show-stopping performance in the Broadway revival of Pippin. Her theater credits include the legendary Toronto production of Godspell in which she co-starred with Victor Garber as well as future collaborators and SCTV alumni Martin Short, Eugene Levy, and Dave Thomas. On SCTV, Martin not only earned two Emmys for her writing, but also created some of television’s most indelible sketch comedy characters including the hilarious leopard-skin clad Edith Prickley.
Martin has made memorable guest appearances on hit shows such as The Simpsons, 30 Rock, and Nurse Jackie. Her film appearances include The Producers, Wag the Dog, and My Big Fat Greek Wedding. She will be starring in the American premiere of James Lapine's Act One in the spring of 2014. Martin continues to tour with her one-woman show, Andrea Martin: Final Days! Everything Must Go! Harper Collins is publishing her book of humorous essays in the fall of 2014.
- Andrea Martin is of Armenian descent - her grandfather's last name was Papazian when he immigrated in the early 1900s from Ottoman Turkey. When he settled his family in Maine, he changed the last name from Papazian to Martin.
- Former member of Toronto Second City.
- Was a member of the legendary Toronto production of Godspell, along with 'Martin Short (I)' (qv), 'Gilda Radner' (qv), 'Eugene Levy' (qv), 'Victor Garber' (qv) and musical director 'Paul Shaffer' (qv).
- Won two Emmy Awards for Outstanding Writing in a Variety or Music Program in 1982 and 1983.
- Ex-sister-in-law of 'Nancy Dolman' (qv).
- Wrote/Performed in critically acclaimed one-woman show in Los Angeles and New York entitled "Nude, Nude, Totally Nude".
- Her former brother-in-law is actor and comic, 'Martin Short (I)' (qv).
- Has two sons - Joe (b. 1983) and Jack (b. 1981)