Jan. 15th, 1947
Portland, Maine, USA
Andrea Martin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Breaking Upwards
2006 - Black Christmas
2006 - How to Eat Fried Worms
2006 - The TV Set
2005 - The Producers
2002 - My Big Fat Greek Wedding
2001 - Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
2001 - Hedwig and the Angry Inch
2001 - Recess: School's Out
2000 - Loser
1998 - The Rugrats Movie
1997 - Wag the Dog
1997 - Anastasia
1996 - Bogus
1991 - Stepping Out
1991 - All I Want For Christmas
1989 - Rude Awakening
1989 - Worth Winning
1987 - InnerSpace
1986 - Club Paradise
1980 - Wholly Moses
1974 - Black Christmas
1964 - It's Not Just You, Murray!
Guest TV Roles
Aunt Miriam (Voiced)
Mad Harriet (Voiced)
Lecture Lady (Voiced)
Ms. Entebee (Voiced)
Mayor Gallagher (Voiced)
Aunti Histamine (Voiced)
A veteran of television, stage, and film, Andrea Martin recently won the Tony, Drama Desk, and Outer Critics Awards for her show-stopping performance in the Broadway revival of Pippin. Her theater credits include the legendary Toronto production of Godspell in which she co-starred with Victor Garber as well as future collaborators and SCTV alumni Martin Short, Eugene Levy, and Dave Thomas. On SCTV, Martin not only earned two Emmys for her writing, but also created some of television’s most indelible sketch comedy characters including the hilarious leopard-skin clad Edith Prickley.
Martin has made memorable guest appearances on hit shows such as The Simpsons, 30 Rock, and Nurse Jackie. Her film appearances include The Producers, Wag the Dog, and My Big Fat Greek Wedding. She will be starring in the American premiere of James Lapine's Act One in the spring of 2014. Martin continues to tour with her one-woman show, Andrea Martin: Final Days! Everything Must Go! Harper Collins is publishing her book of humorous essays in the fall of 2014.
- Following college graduation she immediately relocated to New York and landed the role of Lucy in the first national tour of "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" within a short time. She earned her Equity card and toured with the show for six months.
- Ex-sister-in-law of 'Nancy Dolman' (qv).
- Nominated for the 2008 Tony Award (New York City) for Supporting or Features Actress in a Musical for "Young Frankenstein".
- Won Broadway's 1992 Tony Award as Best Actress (Featured Role - Musical) for "My Favorite Year." Subsequently, she has twice been nominated in the same category: in 1997 for a reviival of "Candide" and in 2002 for playing Aunt Eller in a revival of "Oklahoma!"
- Has two sons - Joe (b. 1983) and Jack (b. 1981)
- According to weekly Variety she has been cast as Frau Brucher in the Broadway bound Young Frankenstein 2007.
- Wrote/Performed in critically acclaimed one-woman show in Los Angeles and New York entitled "Nude, Nude, Totally Nude".
- Andrea Martin is of Armenian descent - her grandfather's last name was Papazian when he immigrated in the early 1900s from Ottoman Turkey. When he settled his family in Maine, he changed the last name from Papazian to Martin.