Jun. 3rd, 1967
New York City, New York, USA
Anderson Cooper's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Son of 'Gloria Vanderbilt' (qv) and 'Wyatt Cooper' (qv)
- Commencement speaker for the graduating class of 2005 at Kean University and the class of 2006 at Yale University.
- In October 2005, it was announced that he signed a US $1 million contract to write a memoir for Harper Collins detailing his "life as a journalist and human being in Sri Lanka, Africa, Iraq and Louisiana/Mississippi" over the previous year. It was entitled Dispatches from the Edge and was released 23 May 2006. Some of Cooper's proceeds are being donated to charity. In addition, the book topped the New York Times bestseller list on 18 June 2006.
- Has two half-nieces and one half-nephew by his elder half-brother Stan Stokowski: Aurora (born March 1983), Abra (born c. 1986) and Myles (born 1998).
- Modeled with Ford Models for 'Ralph Lauren' (qv), 'Calvin Klein' (qv) and Macy's from age 10 to 13.
- Named as one of the Sexiest Men Alive in 2005 by People magazine.
- During his senior year at Dalton, he left school and drove across South Africa in a truck. He contracted malaria while there and had to be hospitalized.
- Is of Dutch, Chilean, Spanish and Irish ancestry from his mother.