Jun. 3rd, 1967
New York City, New York, USA
Anderson Cooper's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Correspondent (segment "Michael Phelps")
Himself - Guest
Himself - Judge
- Suffered from dyslexia as a child.
- In October 2005, it was announced that he signed a US $1 million contract to write a memoir for Harper Collins detailing his "life as a journalist and human being in Sri Lanka, Africa, Iraq and Louisiana/Mississippi" over the previous year. It was entitled Dispatches from the Edge and was released 23 May 2006. Some of Cooper's proceeds are being donated to charity. In addition, the book topped the New York Times bestseller list on 18 June 2006.
- Has two much-older half-brothers from his mother, 'Gloria Vanderbilt' (qv)'s second marriage to famed composer 'Leopold Stokowski' (qv): Leopold Stanislaus "Stan" Stokowski (born 1950) and Christopher Stokowski (born 1952).
- Commencement speaker for the graduating class of 2005 at Kean University and the class of 2006 at Yale University.
- Graduated from Dalton School in Manhattan (1985).
- Ranked #2 among "The Most Powerful Gay Men and Women in America" by Out Magazine in May 2007.
- Studied Vietnamese at the University of Hanoi in the 1990s.
- During his senior year at Dalton, he left school and drove across South Africa in a truck. He contracted malaria while there and had to be hospitalized.