Sep. 16th, 1971
Burlington, Massachusetts, USA
Amy Poehler's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Amy Poehler was first involved with sketch comedy when she joined the group My Mother's Flea Bag when she was attending Boston College. In 1993, she went to Chicago where she studied at Second City and Improv Olympics. There, she met Del Close, who later became the voice of the UCB opening scene. In 1996, she joined the Upright Citizen's Brigade with Matt Besser, Ian Roberts (II), and Matt Walsh (I). Later on, the group moved to New York and became a Comedy Central show. The show went on only for three seasons. However, the group stayed together at the Upright Citizen's Brigade Theater. Today, the theater is one of the leading centers for improv and sketch shows.
- In the 90s, she appeared on _"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" (1993)_ (qv) playing 'Andy Richter (I)' (qv)'s younger sister, who had a psychotic crush on Conan.
- Lives in TriBeCa
- Attended Boston College.
- (Late April 2008) The week her movie _Baby Mama (2008)_ (qv) debuted at #1 at the box-office, she announced that she is expecting her first child, which is due in autumn, with 'Will Arnett' (qv).
- She's succeeded 'Jimmy Fallon' (qv) (who left after season 29) as 'Tina Fey' (qv)'s co-anchor of _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv)'s Weekend Update sketch and making it the first all-female team beginning on the 30th season of NBC's _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv).
- Played sister to her real-life husband in _Blades of Glory (2007)_ (qv).
- Has the rare distinction of being in two movies that opened on the same day in the U.S. - _Mean Girls (2004)_ (qv) and _Envy (2004)_ (qv) (April 30, 2004).
- Close friends with fellow (now former) _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) cast member 'Tina Fey' (qv).