Sep. 16th, 1971
Burlington, Massachusetts, USA
Amy Poehler's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Amy Poehler was first involved with sketch comedy when she joined the group My Mother's Flea Bag when she was attending Boston College. In 1993, she went to Chicago where she studied at Second City and Improv Olympics. There, she met Del Close, who later became the voice of the UCB opening scene. In 1996, she joined the Upright Citizen's Brigade with Matt Besser, Ian Roberts (II), and Matt Walsh (I). Later on, the group moved to New York and became a Comedy Central show. The show went on only for three seasons. However, the group stayed together at the Upright Citizen's Brigade Theater. Today, the theater is one of the leading centers for improv and sketch shows.
- Played sister to her real-life husband in _Blades of Glory (2007)_ (qv).
- Close friends with fellow (now former) _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) cast member 'Tina Fey' (qv).
- Has given impressions of 'Kelly Ripa' (qv), 'Madonna' (qv), 'Avril Lavigne' (qv), 'Sharon Osbourne' (qv), 'Julia Roberts (I)' (qv) and 'Tonya Harding' (qv) on _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv).
- Favorite baseball team is the Boston Red Sox.
- Attended Boston College.
- Was promoted from featured player to full cast member on _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) in the middle of her first year on the show (2001-2002). The only other SNL cast member to have this distinction is 'Eddie Murphy (I)' (qv) during the 1980-1981 season.
- Has the rare distinction of being in two movies that opened on the same day in the U.S. - _Mean Girls (2004)_ (qv) and _Envy (2004)_ (qv) (April 30, 2004).
- On October 25, 2008, Amy and her husband 'Will Arnett' (qv) became parents to a son, named Archibald William Emerson "Archie" Arnett, 8 lbs, 1 oz, in New York City at 6 p.m.