Sep. 16th, 1971
Burlington, Massachusetts, USA
Amy Poehler's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Amy Poehler was first involved with sketch comedy when she joined the group My Mother's Flea Bag when she was attending Boston College. In 1993, she went to Chicago where she studied at Second City and Improv Olympics. There, she met Del Close, who later became the voice of the UCB opening scene. In 1996, she joined the Upright Citizen's Brigade with Matt Besser, Ian Roberts (II), and Matt Walsh (I). Later on, the group moved to New York and became a Comedy Central show. The show went on only for three seasons. However, the group stayed together at the Upright Citizen's Brigade Theater. Today, the theater is one of the leading centers for improv and sketch shows.
- Played sister to her real-life husband in _Blades of Glory (2007)_ (qv).
- Attended Boston College.
- In the 90s, she appeared on _"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" (1993)_ (qv) playing 'Andy Richter (I)' (qv)'s younger sister, who had a psychotic crush on Conan.
- Has the rare distinction of being in two movies that opened on the same day in the U.S. - _Mean Girls (2004)_ (qv) and _Envy (2004)_ (qv) (April 30, 2004).
- Is only seven years older than 'Rachel McAdams' (qv), who plays her daughter in _Mean Girls (2004)_ (qv).
- Favorite baseball team is the Boston Red Sox.
- She is an alumna of the famous Improv Olympic, along with actors 'Vince Vaughn' (qv), the late 'Chris Farley' (qv), 'Ossie Beck' (qv), 'Tina Fey' (qv), 'Mike Myers (I)' (qv) and 'Adam McKay' (qv).
- Lives in TriBeCa