Sep. 16th, 1971
Burlington, Massachusetts, USA
Amy Poehler's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Are You Here
2009 - Spring Breakdown
2009 - Monsters vs. Aliens
2009 - Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel
2008 - Baby Mama
2008 - Hamlet 2
2008 - Horton Hears a Who!
2007 - On Broadway
2007 - Blades of Glory
2007 - Mr. Woodcock
2007 - Shrek The Third
2006 - Southland Tales
2006 - Man of the Year
2005 - Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny
2004 - Envy
2004 - Mean Girls
2002 - Martin & Orloff
2001 - Wet Hot American Summer
1999 - Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo
Guest TV Roles
Bride of Gob
Amy Poehler was first involved with sketch comedy when she joined the group My Mother's Flea Bag when she was attending Boston College. In 1993, she went to Chicago where she studied at Second City and Improv Olympics. There, she met Del Close, who later became the voice of the UCB opening scene. In 1996, she joined the Upright Citizen's Brigade with Matt Besser, Ian Roberts (II), and Matt Walsh (I). Later on, the group moved to New York and became a Comedy Central show. The show went on only for three seasons. However, the group stayed together at the Upright Citizen's Brigade Theater. Today, the theater is one of the leading centers for improv and sketch shows.
- Has given impressions of 'Kelly Ripa' (qv), 'Madonna' (qv), 'Avril Lavigne' (qv), 'Sharon Osbourne' (qv), 'Julia Roberts (I)' (qv) and 'Tonya Harding' (qv) on _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv).
- She is an alumna of the famous Improv Olympic, along with actors 'Vince Vaughn' (qv), the late 'Chris Farley' (qv), 'Ossie Beck' (qv), 'Tina Fey' (qv), 'Mike Myers (I)' (qv) and 'Adam McKay' (qv).
- On October 25, 2008, Amy and her husband 'Will Arnett' (qv) became parents to a son, named Archibald William Emerson "Archie" Arnett, 8 lbs, 1 oz, in New York City at 6 p.m.
- Wife of 'Will Arnett' (qv), GOB on _"Arrested Development" (2003)_ (qv). She has a recurring role on the show as GOB's "accidental" wife.
- Favorite baseball team is the Boston Red Sox.
- Was promoted from featured player to full cast member on _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) in the middle of her first year on the show (2001-2002). The only other SNL cast member to have this distinction is 'Eddie Murphy (I)' (qv) during the 1980-1981 season.
- Lives in TriBeCa
- Member of "The Upright Citizens Brigade" comedy troupe.