Sep. 16th, 1971
Burlington, Massachusetts, USA
Amy Poehler's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Amy Poehler was first involved with sketch comedy when she joined the group My Mother's Flea Bag when she was attending Boston College. In 1993, she went to Chicago where she studied at Second City and Improv Olympics. There, she met Del Close, who later became the voice of the UCB opening scene. In 1996, she joined the Upright Citizen's Brigade with Matt Besser, Ian Roberts (II), and Matt Walsh (I). Later on, the group moved to New York and became a Comedy Central show. The show went on only for three seasons. However, the group stayed together at the Upright Citizen's Brigade Theater. Today, the theater is one of the leading centers for improv and sketch shows.
- She's succeeded 'Jimmy Fallon' (qv) (who left after season 29) as 'Tina Fey' (qv)'s co-anchor of _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv)'s Weekend Update sketch and making it the first all-female team beginning on the 30th season of NBC's _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv).
- Attended Boston College.
- Favorite baseball team is the Boston Red Sox.
- Wife of 'Will Arnett' (qv), GOB on _"Arrested Development" (2003)_ (qv). She has a recurring role on the show as GOB's "accidental" wife.
- She is an alumna of the famous Improv Olympic, along with actors 'Vince Vaughn' (qv), the late 'Chris Farley' (qv), 'Ossie Beck' (qv), 'Tina Fey' (qv), 'Mike Myers (I)' (qv) and 'Adam McKay' (qv).
- In the 90s, she appeared on _"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" (1993)_ (qv) playing 'Andy Richter (I)' (qv)'s younger sister, who had a psychotic crush on Conan.
- Has given impressions of 'Kelly Ripa' (qv), 'Madonna' (qv), 'Avril Lavigne' (qv), 'Sharon Osbourne' (qv), 'Julia Roberts (I)' (qv) and 'Tonya Harding' (qv) on _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv).
- Played sister to her real-life husband in _Blades of Glory (2007)_ (qv).