Mar. 6th, 1969
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Amy Pietz's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Pietz was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, the adopted daughter of Nancy, a nurse, and Arnold Pietz, a truck driver. She trained throughout her childhood in ballet and prepared to go professional, but eventually decided not to due to the low pay and shifted her focus elsewhere. She attended The Milwaukee High School of the Arts and graduated from The Theatre School at DePaul University.
Pietz played the role of Annie Spadaro in the NBC sitcom Caroline in the City, which aired from 1995 to 1999. She was nominated for a Screen Actors Guild award for the role in 1999. She starred as Charlie (the sister of Rodney's wife Trina) in the short-lived ABC sitcom Rodney, which debuted in 2004. She played Franny Tolchuck, the mother of Justin Tolchuck, in Aliens in America in 2007-8. She played Meredith King, the mother of Chloe King, in The Nine Lives of Chloe King in 2011.
Pietz has made guest appearances on Ally McBeal, Burn Notice, The Drew Carey Show, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Bones, Trust Me, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Office, Star Trek: The Next Generation,Wizards of Waverly Place,True Jackson V.P and The Closer.
- During her childhood, Pietz originally trained for ballet, but decided not to make this a career after finding out how much money she'd make.
- Is adopted herself and when young had a son who was adopted by others.
- Attended Milwaukee High School of the Arts.
- Performed in musicals, plays, and won awards acting in high school forensics in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Lived in Oak Creek, Wisconsin.
- Was the 2007 Queen Azalea of the Wilmington, North Carolina Azalea Festival.