Feb. 9th, 1974
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Amber Valletta's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Amber Valletta (born February 9, 1974) in Phoenix, Arizona and raised in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Her mother worked at the post office. She attended Booker T. Washington High School. She got her start in the fashion industry when her mother enrolled her in modeling school at the age of fifteen at the Linda Layman Agency. She appeared on the cover of magazines and in advertisements for Louis Vuitton, Calvin Klein and Versace and hosted MTV's House of Style with fellow model and friend Shalom Harlow.
She was presented on the November 1999 Millennium cover of American Vogue as one of the "Modern Muses". Valletta's first role was in the comedy film Drop Back Ten (2000); Later that year, she played a supporting role in the thriller film What Lies Beneath. The film was directed by Robert Zemeckis and starring "Harrison Ford" and "Michelle Pfeiffer". She appeared alongside 'Nicolas Cage' in The Family Man. In 2003, she played as Celine in Danny DeVito's Duplex, starring 'Ben Stiller' and 'Drew Barrymore', she also played as Meline in Raising Helen (2004), opposite 'Kate Hudson', 'Hayden Panettiere', 'Abigail Breslin', and 'Helen Mirren'. Valletta's major role was as Allegra Cole in Andy Tennant's Hitch (2005), for which she gained more attention. The film was released on February 11, 2005 and was a box office and critical success. She also had a role in Transporter 2, playing the mother of the kidnapped kid. She appeared in the comedy The Last Time, costarring 'Michael Keaton' and 'Brendan Fraser'. In 2007, she starred in the horror film Dead Silence as Ella Ashen. Later in 2007, she portrayed the character of Claire in Premonition, starring 'Sandra Bullock'.
Valletta appeared as Angie in Gamer, opposite Gerard Butler. The film was released in North America on September 4, 2009. In 2010, she starred in The Spy Next Door, alongside 'Jackie Chan', 'George Lopez', and 'Billy Ray Cyrus'; she played Chan's character's love interest,Gillian. Valletta and Chan had numerous kissing scenes, despite the movie being rated PG.
She recently appeared in an advertisement for www.boohoo.com.
In 2011, she appeared as Lydia Davis on the ABC's television drama series Revenge.
- Attended Booker T. Washington High School in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Has three half-sisters and two half-brothers.
- Actively involved in the St. Jude Research Hospital and the Nina Hyde Foundation, which supports women with breast cancer. She has also produced a fashion show in her home town of Tulsa, which raised money for the community food bank.
- First child, Auden McCaw, born at the end of October 2000 in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Got her start when her mother enrolled her in modeling school at the age of 15.
- Measurements: 34B-23-35 (source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine).
- Born in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- (1999) Net worth 4 million dollars.