Feb. 9th, 1974
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Amber Valletta's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2011 - Girl Walks Into a Bar
2010 - The Spy Next Door
2009 - Gamer
2007 - Dead Silence
2006 - Man About Town
2006 - The Last Time
2005 - Hitch
2005 - Transporter 2
2004 - Raising Helen
2003 - Duplex
2001 - Max Keeble's Big Move
2001 - Perfume
2000 - What Lies Beneath
2000 - The Family Man
Guest TV Roles[Complete List]
Amber Valletta (born February 9, 1974) in Phoenix, Arizona and raised in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Her mother worked at the post office. She attended Booker T. Washington High School. She got her start in the fashion industry when her mother enrolled her in modeling school at the age of fifteen at the Linda Layman Agency. She appeared on the cover of magazines and in advertisements for Louis Vuitton, Calvin Klein and Versace and hosted MTV's House of Style with fellow model and friend Shalom Harlow.
She was presented on the November 1999 Millennium cover of American Vogue as one of the "Modern Muses". Valletta's first role was in the comedy film Drop Back Ten (2000); Later that year, she played a supporting role in the thriller film What Lies Beneath. The film was directed by Robert Zemeckis and starring "Harrison Ford" and "Michelle Pfeiffer". She appeared alongside 'Nicolas Cage' in The Family Man. In 2003, she played as Celine in Danny DeVito's Duplex, starring 'Ben Stiller' and 'Drew Barrymore', she also played as Meline in Raising Helen (2004), opposite 'Kate Hudson', 'Hayden Panettiere', 'Abigail Breslin', and 'Helen Mirren'. Valletta's major role was as Allegra Cole in Andy Tennant's Hitch (2005), for which she gained more attention. The film was released on February 11, 2005 and was a box office and critical success. She also had a role in Transporter 2, playing the mother of the kidnapped kid. She appeared in the comedy The Last Time, costarring 'Michael Keaton' and 'Brendan Fraser'. In 2007, she starred in the horror film Dead Silence as Ella Ashen. Later in 2007, she portrayed the character of Claire in Premonition, starring 'Sandra Bullock'.
Valletta appeared as Angie in Gamer, opposite Gerard Butler. The film was released in North America on September 4, 2009. In 2010, she starred in The Spy Next Door, alongside 'Jackie Chan', 'George Lopez', and 'Billy Ray Cyrus'; she played Chan's character's love interest,Gillian. Valletta and Chan had numerous kissing scenes, despite the movie being rated PG.
She recently appeared in an advertisement for www.boohoo.com.
In 2011, she appeared as Lydia Davis on the ABC's television drama series Revenge.
- Born in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Her husband, Christian McCaw, is a former USA Men's volleyball national player and played at 2000 Sydney Olympics.
- Met ex-husband Hervé Le Bihan at a Calvin Klein photo shoot in 1994.
- Actively involved in the St. Jude Research Hospital and the Nina Hyde Foundation, which supports women with breast cancer. She has also produced a fashion show in her home town of Tulsa, which raised money for the community food bank.
- First child, Auden McCaw, born at the end of October 2000 in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Appeared dressed as 'Edith 'Little Edie' Bouvier Beale' (qv) in a _Grey Gardens (1975)_ (qv)-themed photo shoot in the May 1999 issue of Vogue Italia, photographed by 'Steven Meisel' (qv).
- (1999) Net worth 4 million dollars.
- Is of Portuguese heritage.