May. 14th, 1983
Santa Monica, California, USA
Amber Tamblyn's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Amber Rose Tamblyn (born May 14, 1983) in Santa Monica, California. Tamblyn caught an agent's eye at the age of ten after a performance in Pippi Longstocking. She has appeared in Live Nude Girls (1995) and Johnny Mysto: Boy Wizard (1997). In addition, her most popular role has been the role of Emily Bowen-Quartermaine of the popular soap General Hospital (1963). She originated the role of Emily in 1995.
Tamblyn is the daughter of actor 'Russ Tamblyn', and her mother, 'Bonnie Tamblyn', is a singer and artist. In addition, Tamblyn writes poetry and has been published in the San Francisco publications, Cups and Poetry USA. Tamblyn also enjoys singing, dancing, and theater in addition to her life on General Hospital (1963).
- Traveled with poetry/slam tour The Junkyard Ghost Revival in 2008 with poets Anis Mojgani, Derrick Brown and Buddy Wakefield.
- Appears in the _"Twin Peaks" (1990)_ (qv) Special Edition DVD special features. She and her father 'Russ Tamblyn' (qv) tell a story about his appearance at a "Twin Peaks" event at which Amber had the cast sign her shoes.
- Used hypnosis to get rid of her arachnophobia. She is no longer afraid of spiders.
- Her dad, 'Russ Tamblyn' (qv) danced with her during the 1997 Nurses' Ball.
- Daughter of actor 'Russ Tamblyn' (qv) and his third wife, 'Bonnie Tamblyn' (qv).
- Is the second youngest actress to be nominated for an Emmy in the category of Lead Actress in a Series.
- Niece of 'Larry Tamblyn' (qv)
- Is best friends with her _The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (2005)_ (qv) co-star 'Alexis Bledel' (qv).