May. 14th, 1983
Santa Monica, California, USA
Amber Tamblyn's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - 127 Hours
2009 - Beyond a Reasonable Doubt
2009 - Spring Breakdown
2008 - The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2
2007 - Normal Adolescent Behavior
2006 - The Grudge 2
2005 - The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
2002 - The Ring
2002 - Ten Minutes Older: The Trumpet
1995 - Live Nude Girls
Guest TV Roles
Senior Cadet Valerie Barreiro
Amber Rose Tamblyn was born May 14, 1983 in Santa Monica, California. Amber caught an agent's eye at the age of ten after a performance in "Pippi Longstocking". She has appeared in Live Nude Girls (1995) and Johnny Mysto: Boy Wizard (1997) (V). In addition, her most popular role has been the role of "Emily Bowen-Quartermaine" of the popular soap "General Hospital" (1963). She originated the role of "Emily" in 1995. Amber is the daughter of actor Russ Tamblyn, and her mother, Bonnie Tamblyn, is a singer and artist. In addition, Amber writes poetry and has been published in the San Francisco publications, "Cups" and "Poetry USA". Amber also enjoys singing, dancing, and theater in addition to her life on "General Hospital" (1963).
- Fan of folk singer 'Ani Difranco' (qv) and 'Avril Lavigne' (qv).
- On _"General Hospital" (1963)_ (qv), Amber portrayed the adopted granddaughter of "Lila Quartermaine", portrayed by 'Anna Lee (I)' (qv). In the 1950s (long before Amber's birth), Amber's father, 'Russ Tamblyn' (qv), was married to Lee's daughter 'Venetia Stevenson' (qv).
- Convinced a homeless man to pose as her father so she could get her navel pierced. It soon became infected and she had to confess to her parents. The story inspired an episode of _"Joan of Arcadia" (2003)_ (qv).
- Her dad, 'Russ Tamblyn' (qv) danced with her during the 1997 Nurses' Ball.
- Family friends include 'Dennis Hopper' (qv), 'David Lynch (I)' (qv) and 'Neil Young (I)' (qv).
- Traveled with poetry/slam tour The Junkyard Ghost Revival in 2008 with poets Anis Mojgani, Derrick Brown and Buddy Wakefield.
- Niece of 'Larry Tamblyn' (qv)
- Amber suffers from arachnophobia. When a scene in _"General Hospital" (1963)_ (qv) called for her character Emily to pick up her pet tarantula, Amber went to the writers and asked them if they could change the scene. She also suggested that the spider be killed off and Emily be given a rat, the sort of pet Amber herself had at home.