Dec. 3rd, 1985
Allentown, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania, USA
Amanda Seyfried's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Amanda Michelle Seyfried ( born December 3, 1985) is an American actress and model.
Seyfried was born in Allentown, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania. Her mother, Ann (née Sander), is an occupational therapist, and her father, Jack Seyfried, is a pharmacist. She is of mostly German descent, and also has some Scots-Irish and English ancestry. Seyfried graduated in 2003 from Allentown's William Allen High School. She has an older sister, Jennifer Seyfried, who is a musician in the Philadelphia organ-driven rock band, Love City.
Seyfried began her career as a child model when she was 11 and at 15 began her career as an actress, starting off with uncredited roles and moving on to recurring roles on As the World Turns and All My Children.
In 2004, Seyfried made her film debut in Mean Girls. Her subsequent supporting roles -90t56w3-were in independent films, such as Nine Lives (2005) and Alpha Dog (2006), and she also had a recurring role in the UPN TV show Veronica Mars (2004–2006). Between 2006 and 2011, she starred on the HBO series Big Love.
Seyfried's first leading role was in the 2008 musical feature film Mamma Mia!. The film was the fifth highest grossing film of 2008, and as of January 2013 is the 73rd highest grossing film of all time. Her musical performance in Mamma Mia! was released on the film's soundtrack, for which she recorded five songs. As part of promotion for both the film and its soundtrack, Seyfried recorded a music video of the song, entitled "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)".
Her other appearances include more leading roles in Jennifer's Body (2009), Chloe (2009), Dear John (2010), which received generally negative reviews, Seyfried wrote and recorded "Little House", a song which appears on one of the official soundtracks of Dear John. Despite the reviews, Dear John became the first film to break up Avatar's box office reign at number one at the United States box office and grossed $80 million in the US theatrically and $115 million worldwide, Letters to Juliet (2010), Red Riding Hood (2011), In Time (2011) and Gone (2012), Cosette in the musical film Les Misérables (2012).
In 2013, Seyfried appeared in the comedy The Big Wedding, and had a voice role in the animated movie Epic. She will star in the drama The End of Love. She plays Linda Lovelace in the biopic Lovelace (directed by 'Rob Epstein' and 'Jeffrey Friedman').
She appears in a dramedy titled Pete and Goat, and plays the title role in The Girl Who Conned the Ivy League. She is also signed to play the role of Ann Burden in the dramatization of the 'Robert O'Brien' post-apocalyptic novel Z for Zachariah.
Seyfried has stated that she suffers from anxiety and panic attacks. She also suffers from stage fright, and has never performed in theatre because of it.
Seyfried has a taxidermy collection. Some of her collections contain a baby horse, a fox, an owl, a moose, a goat, a hybrid taxidermy deer, a couple of butterflies, and during an episode on Conan, Conan O' Brien gave her a taxidermy raccoon attached to a jet pack as a gift for her collection.
Seyfried was also ranked three times in the Moviefone's "25 Under 25: Hollywood's Hottest Young Stars". In 2008, she was placed #5, #23 in 2009 and #18 in 2010. In 2009, People magazine ranked Seyfried #4 in the Most Beautiful 2009 – Beautiful at Every Age. Seyfried once again made the list of People magazine's Most Beautiful 2010 with no make-up on.
In 2010, she ranked #3 on the Saturday Night Magazine's Top 20 Rising Stars Under 30, and at the #17 spot in the British Glamour magazine "30 Hottest and Sexiest Stars Under 30". Glamour magazine's April 2010 issue dubbed Seyfried as The Most Down-To-Earth and she ranked #3 in the "50 Most Glamorous Women of 2010".
She also appeared twice in ensemble images on the cover of Vanity Fair: VF's Young Hollywood's New Wave in 2008 and the 2010 VF's A New Decade, A New Hollywood. In 2011, she ranked #1 on People's "25 Beauties (and Hotties) at 25" list. People named her one of 2012 Most Beautiful at Every Age.
Seyfried dated Mamma Mia! co-star 'Dominic Cooper' from 2008 to 2010, and actor 'Justin Long' from 2013 to 2015. Seyfried began dating actor and The Last Word co-star 'Thomas Sadoski' early in 2016. The couple confirmed their engagement on September 12, 2016. In November 2016, the couple announced that they are expecting their first child.
- As a child model, she initially signed with Image International Agency in Allentown, Pennsylvania before working under Bethlehem's Pro Model Agency and eventually with Wilhelmina agency in New York.
- Beat several actresses for the role of "Sophie" in the film _Mamma Mia! (2008)_ (qv). One of the actresses was fellow co-star 'Rachel McAdams' (qv) who acted alongside Seyfried in the film _Mean Girls (2004)_ (qv). In this film, McAdams beat Seyfried for the role of "Regina George".
- Auditioned for the lead role of "Kelli" for the horror remake _Black Christmas (2006)_ (qv), but lost out to 'Katie Cassidy' (qv).
- Her special skills and interest include dancing, singing and tennis.
- Originally auditioned for the title role on _"Veronica Mars" (2004)_ (qv) but lost the part to 'Kristen Bell (I)' (qv). Instead of playing "Veronica", she was offered the role of "Lilly", Veronica's dead best friend. She was so popular in this role, she was brought back more often than ever expected.
- Met boyfriend 'Dominic Cooper' (qv) on the set of the movie _Mamma Mia! (2008)_ (qv).
- Was considered for the roles of Regina and Cady in _Mean Girls (2004)_ (qv). These roles eventually went to 'Rachel McAdams' (qv) and 'Lindsay Lohan' (qv), respectively.
- Put attending college on hold (it was to be Fordham University in New York) to film _Mean Girls (2004)_ (qv).