Apr. 3rd, 1986
Thousand Oaks, California, USA
Amanda Bynes' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Amanda Laura Bynes (born April 3, 1986), in Thousand Oaks, California. The youngest of three children, she became interested in acting and performing from the age of three, when she would say her older sister Jillian's lines with her while she performed in plays. It was from then on that her family and friends knew that she would be a star someday.
Her acting debut was in 1996, when she auditioned for and got the role as a newcomer on All That (1994). Right away, she became very popular as people enjoyed her acting in skits, especially Ask Ashley, where she played a little girl running an advice column who would get very angry every time she read a letter.
In 1999, 13-year-old Amanda was given her own variety show, The Amanda Show (1999), in which she starred in all of the skits except Totally Kyle. In 2001, she co-starred with 'Frankie Muniz' in Big Fat Liar (2002) as Kaylee, Jason's friend who assists him prove that he really did write the essay "Big Fat Liar" and regain his father's trust. It was also in 2001 that she began dating 'Taran Killam' from The Amanda Show (1999) and Big Fat Liar (2002), who is four years and two days older than she is. She also won a Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Award and, at age 15, The Amanda Show (1999) ended its run.
In 2002, she began co-starring with 'Jennie Garth' in What I Like About You (2002) as Holly, a 16-year-old girl who moves in with her sister after their father decides to move to Japan. She also celebrated her Sweet 16th birthday and got her driver's license on April 3, 2002.
In 2003, Amanda won two KCA Awards and starred as Daphne, a girl searching for her father, in What a Girl Wants (2003) with 'Colin Firth' and 'Kelly Preston' as her parents. She continued acting in What I Like About You (2002) and broke up with Taran.
On April 3, 2004, Amanda celebrated her 18th birthday on the 17th Annual KCA Awards, where we she won an award for best actress for her role in What a Girl Wants (2003). She graduated from Thousand Oaks High School's independent study program on June 10, 2004, and filmed Love Wrecked (2005) in 2004. A prodigiously talented comedienne, she promises to have a lifelong career.
- Rank at #33 on the E! 50 Cutest Child Stars: All Grown Up (2005)
- Has two dogs: Tootsie Roll (golden labrador) and Betty Boop (Australian shepherd); three cats, Subbie, Dubbie and Tiger; and a fish named Bella.
- Is good friends with 'Frankie Muniz' (qv), 'Kellan Rhude' (qv), and Hairspray co-star 'Zac Efron' (qv).
- Graduated from Thousand Oaks High, Class of 2004.
- Wears contact lenses.
- Her brother Tommy was a student at Thousand Oaks High School.
- Has her own clothing line, "dear by Amanda Bynes", in conjunction with Steve and Barry's chain of stores.
- Favorite lip glosses: Prescriptives Gloss, Lancôme Juicy Tubes.