Apr. 3rd, 1986
Thousand Oaks, California, USA
Amanda Bynes' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Easy A
2007 - Hairspray
2007 - Sydney White
2006 - She's the Man
2005 - Love Wrecked
2005 - Robots
2003 - What a Girl Wants
2002 - Big Fat Liar
Guest TV Roles
Amanda Laura Bynes (born April 3, 1986), in Thousand Oaks, California. The youngest of three children, she became interested in acting and performing from the age of three, when she would say her older sister Jillian's lines with her while she performed in plays. It was from then on that her family and friends knew that she would be a star someday.
Her acting debut was in 1996, when she auditioned for and got the role as a newcomer on All That (1994). Right away, she became very popular as people enjoyed her acting in skits, especially Ask Ashley, where she played a little girl running an advice column who would get very angry every time she read a letter.
In 1999, 13-year-old Amanda was given her own variety show, The Amanda Show (1999), in which she starred in all of the skits except Totally Kyle. In 2001, she co-starred with 'Frankie Muniz' in Big Fat Liar (2002) as Kaylee, Jason's friend who assists him prove that he really did write the essay "Big Fat Liar" and regain his father's trust. It was also in 2001 that she began dating 'Taran Killam' from The Amanda Show (1999) and Big Fat Liar (2002), who is four years and two days older than she is. She also won a Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Award and, at age 15, The Amanda Show (1999) ended its run.
In 2002, she began co-starring with 'Jennie Garth' in What I Like About You (2002) as Holly, a 16-year-old girl who moves in with her sister after their father decides to move to Japan. She also celebrated her Sweet 16th birthday and got her driver's license on April 3, 2002.
In 2003, Amanda won two KCA Awards and starred as Daphne, a girl searching for her father, in What a Girl Wants (2003) with 'Colin Firth' and 'Kelly Preston' as her parents. She continued acting in What I Like About You (2002) and broke up with Taran.
On April 3, 2004, Amanda celebrated her 18th birthday on the 17th Annual KCA Awards, where we she won an award for best actress for her role in What a Girl Wants (2003). She graduated from Thousand Oaks High School's independent study program on June 10, 2004, and filmed Love Wrecked (2005) in 2004. A prodigiously talented comedienne, she promises to have a lifelong career.
- Had a lemon tree in her family's backyard.
- At 17, she was rated 2003's 3rd hottest teen female star.
- Lives in Ventura County, California, with her Dad, Rick, who is a dentist; her Mom, Lynn, who works in her father's dental office, and her sister Jillian (b. 1983). She also has a brother, Tommy (b. 1974), who is a chiropractor, as well as a niece named Jaylyn (b. March 4, 2004).
- Appeared in her first television commercial for Nestle's Buncha Crunch candy at age 7.
- Favorite comedic actress is 'Lucille Ball' (qv). Numerous times, has been compared to Lucille due to her expertise slapstick routines displayed in her shows and movies. Once in the show _"All That" (1994)_ (qv), she did a sketch that parodied 'Lucille Ball' (qv)'s famous show _"I Love Lucy" (1951)_ (qv), playing Lucy.
- Owns a Honda Accord.
- Has one older brother, Tommy, and one older sister, Jillian.
- Shoe size is 9.