60 (passed away Aug. 16th, 1989)
Feb. 20th, 1929
Buffalo, New York, USA
Amanda Blake's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1954 - A Star Is Born
1953 - Lili
1951 - Criminal Lawyer
Guest TV Roles
- After being forced to undergo oral cancer surgery in 1984, the American Cancer Society awarded her with its Courage Award
- Before making it in show business, she worked as a telephone operator.
- In 1961, she sold her residual rights to Gunsmoke for $100,000.
- Amanda Blake's death certificate listed the immediate cause of death as cardiopulmonary arrest due to liver failure and cytomegalo virus (CMV) hepatitis. CMV hepatitis is AIDS-related according to Sacramento internist Dr. Lou Nishimura. The AIDS virus was thought to have been contracted from her last husband, Mark Spaeth, a member of the city council of Austin, Texas. The openly bisexual Spaeth (1939-1985), also died of complications of the disease.
- Inducted into the Hall of Great Western Performers of the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum in 1968.
- In 1971 she joined with others in Phoenix, Arizona to form the Arizona Animal Welfare League. The AAWL is now the oldest and largest "no-kill" animal shelter in Arizona. In 1976 she hosted the 1st Annual "Sato" Mutt Show in response to all the pure-bred dog shows.
- Smoked 2-3 packs of cigarettes a day until being diagnosed with oral cancer in 1980.
Related sites for this celeb