Mar. 24th, 1974
Washington, District of Columbia, USA
Alyson Hannigan's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2006 - Date Movie
2003 - American Pie 3: American Wedding
2001 - American Pie 2
2000 - Boys and Girls
1999 - American Pie
1998 - Dead Man on Campus
1988 - My Stepmother is an Alien
Guest TV Roles
Melody Juniper (Voiced)
Alyson, born in Washington DC, began her acting career in Atlanta at the young age of 4 in commercials sponsoring such companies as McDonald's, Six Flags, and Oreos. She is a seasoned television actress veteran, guest starring in "Picket Fences" (1992), "Roseanne" (1988), "Touched by an Angel" (1994) and the "The Torkelsons" (1991) before starring in her most notorious role yet in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997) as Willow Rosenberg. Now she stars in the brand new comedy "How I Met Your Mother", a hit-show, from CBS.
- Announced that she is expecting her first child, due Spring 2009. [October 22, 2008].
- She was invited to join the cast of the TV show _In the Game (2005) (TV)_ (qv), but begged off, citing creative differences. Hannigan was supposed to play the best friend of the character played by 'Jennifer Love Hewitt' (qv), but according to a Knight Ridder/Tribune News Service interview reported January 25, 2005, she was unhappy with the diminished, trivialized role they presented her with. She chose to walk away from the offer.
- Irish-American on her father's side and Jewish-American on her mother's side, Hannigan was raised in the Jewish faith.
- Played soccer until she got an injury in her early teens.
- Has had two songs recorded about her: "'Alyson Hannigan' (qv)" by Juvenile Wreck, and "This One Time" (named for her famous "This one time, at band camp..." quotes from _American Pie (1999)_ (qv)) by The Malcolm Effect.
- Gave birth to her daughter, Satyana Denisof, on her birthday of March 24, 2009 in Los Angeles.
- Married to 'Alexis Denisof' (qv). Denisof proposed during a trip to Northern California wine country during the 2002 holiday season. They were married in October 2003
- Was a clarinet player in junior high school.