Mar. 24th, 1974
Washington, District of Columbia, USA
Alyson Hannigan's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Alyson Lee Hannigan (born March 24, 1974) is an American actress. She is best known for her roles as Willow Rosenberg in the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997–2003), Lily Aldrin on the CBS sitcom How I Met Your Mother (2005–2014) and Michelle Flaherty in the American Pie film series (1999–present).
Born in Washington, D.C., the only child of Emilie (Posner) Haas, a real estate agent, and Al Hannigan, a truck driver. Her father is of Irish descent and her mother is Jewish. Her parents divorced when she was two and she was raised mostly by her mother in Atlanta, Georgia.
Hannigan began her acting career in Atlanta at the young age of 4 in commercials sponsoring such companies as McDonald's, Six Flags, and Oreos. She is a seasoned television actress veteran, guest starring in Picket Fences (1992), Roseanne (1988), Touched by an Angel (1994) and the The Torkelsons (1991) before starring in her most notorious role yet in Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997) as Willow Rosenberg. Now she stars in the brand new comedy How I Met Your Mother, a hit-show, from CBS.
Hannigan married fellow Buffy the Vampire Slayer actor 'Alexis Denisof' at Two Bunch Palms Resort in Desert Hot Springs, California, (October 11, 2003). The couple have two daughters, Satyana Marie Denisof (b. March 24, 2009) and Keeva Jane Denisof (b. May 23, 2012). Hannigan and her husband are godparents to Joss Whedon's son, Arden.
- Irish-American on her father's side and Jewish-American on her mother's side, Hannigan was raised in the Jewish faith.
- Owns a mansion in Sacramento, California.
- Graduated from North Hollywood High School in 1992.
- Attended California State University in Northridge, California majored in Psychology
- Good friends with _"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997)_ (qv) co-star 'Sarah Michelle Gellar' (qv).
- Gave birth to her daughter, Satyana Denisof, on her birthday of March 24, 2009 in Los Angeles.
- Her wedding was featured in the February 2004 issue of InStyle Magazine.
- Has a tattoo of tribal dolphins on her ankle, a Japanese kanji (for luck and happiness) on her back, and a cartoon turtle on her left foot.