Mar. 24th, 1974
Washington, District of Columbia, USA
Alyson Hannigan's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2012 - American Reunion
2011 - Love, Wedding, Marriage
2006 - Date Movie
2003 - American Pie 3: American Wedding
2001 - American Pie 2
2000 - Boys and Girls
1999 - American Pie
1998 - Dead Man on Campus
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest
Herself - Celebrity Player
Herself - Guest
Alyson Lee Hannigan (born March 24, 1974) is an American actress. She is best known for her roles as Willow Rosenberg in the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997–2003), Lily Aldrin on the CBS sitcom How I Met Your Mother (2005–2014) and Michelle Flaherty in the American Pie film series (1999–present).
Born in Washington, D.C., the only child of Emilie (Posner) Haas, a real estate agent, and Al Hannigan, a truck driver. Her father is of Irish descent and her mother is Jewish. Her parents divorced when she was two and she was raised mostly by her mother in Atlanta, Georgia.
Hannigan began her acting career in Atlanta at the young age of 4 in commercials sponsoring such companies as McDonald's, Six Flags, and Oreos. She is a seasoned television actress veteran, guest starring in Picket Fences (1992), Roseanne (1988), Touched by an Angel (1994) and the The Torkelsons (1991) before starring in her most notorious role yet in Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997) as Willow Rosenberg. Now she stars in the brand new comedy How I Met Your Mother, a hit-show, from CBS.
Hannigan married fellow Buffy the Vampire Slayer actor 'Alexis Denisof' at Two Bunch Palms Resort in Desert Hot Springs, California, (October 11, 2003). The couple have two daughters, Satyana Marie Denisof (b. March 24, 2009) and Keeva Jane Denisof (b. May 23, 2012). Hannigan and her husband are godparents to Joss Whedon's son, Arden.
- First child, daughter Satyana, born March 24, 2009.
- Is Godmother of 'Joss Whedon' (qv)'s son, Arden, and her husband, 'Alexis Denisof' (qv), is his Godfather.
- Good friends with _"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997)_ (qv) co-star 'Sarah Michelle Gellar' (qv).
- (May 2000) She (along with actresses 'Tangi Miller' (qv) and 'Holly Marie Combs' (qv)) is a spokesperson for breast cancer, and will appear in a new four page brochure (to be featured in Vogue, Glamour, Self, Mademoiselle, and Women's Sports and Fitness) to raise awareness about the disease.
- Graduated from North Hollywood High School in 1992.
- Has a tattoo of tribal dolphins on her ankle, a Japanese kanji (for luck and happiness) on her back, and a cartoon turtle on her left foot.
- Has had two songs recorded about her: "'Alyson Hannigan' (qv)" by Juvenile Wreck, and "This One Time" (named for her famous "This one time, at band camp..." quotes from _American Pie (1999)_ (qv)) by The Malcolm Effect.
- Used to be a vegan but stopped during her pregnancy.