Jul. 29th, 1982
Allison Mack's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Allison Mack (born July 29, 1982) is an American actress, director and producer. She is best known for her role of Chloe Sullivan on the The WB/CW Superman-inspired television drama series Smallville and Amanda on FX's Wilfred.
Mack was born in Germany but moved with her family to Long Beach, California, when she was 2. She began acting at 4 with print work and commercials, and began studying at The Young Actors Space in Los Angeles when she was 7. She is still currently attending classes there in improvisation and scene study.
Before joining the cast of Smallville (2001), Mack starred in the short-lived and sorely under-rated Fox television comedy Opposite Sex (2000). Prior to that, she was a regular on Hiller and Diller (1997), working alongside great talents such as 'Richard Lewis', 'Kevin Nealon', and 'Eugene Levy'. Allison has also guest-starred in the WB family drama 7th Heaven (1996) as a teenager caught up in the "cutting" trend.
She has starred in many movies for television, including the cable film My Horrible Year! (2001), which was directed by 'Eric Stoltz' and starring 'Karen Allen', 'Mimi Rogers', and Stoltz himself. She was also in A Private Matter (1992) with 'Sissy Spacek' and 'Aidan Quinn', Living a Lie (1991) with 'Peter Coyote' and 'Jill Eikenberry', Unlikely Angel (1996) with 'Dolly Parton' and 'Roddy McDowall', and Stolen Memories: Secrets from the Rose Garden (1996) starring 'Mary Tyler Moore' and 'Linda Lavin'.
Mack is also an accomplished dancer and singer and she currently living in Los Angeles. She enjoys reading, going to movies and plays and spending time with her friends and family.
- Learned to knit from co-star 'Annette O'Toole' (qv).
- Announced her engagement to her longtime boyfriend, Peter (March 2003). In 2008 she said in her blog that marriage was something she didn't see herself committing to anytime soon. In January 2009 she mentioned a boyfriend in her blog. It is unknown if this is the aforementioned Peter.
- Had her hair cut short just before the third season of _"Smallville" (2001)_ (qv) went into production. After shooting the season opener, the producers insisted that she wear a hairpiece until her hair grew longer. They felt Allison's haircut did not suit the character of Chloe Sullivan.
- Shares 'Kristin Kreuk' (qv)'s addiction to Chapters bookstores.
- Born in Germany to American parents, Mindy and Jonathan Mack.
- Attended the 2003 San Diego International Comic-Con with co-star 'Sam Jones III' (qv) to promote the 3rd season of _"Smallville" (2001)_ (qv).
- Her younger sister, Robyn, attends the immensely prestigious Orange County High School of the Arts in Santa Ana, California.
- Was listed among the 50 Sexiest Women in the Femme Fatales (January/February 2005) magazine.