Nov. 27th, 1985
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5' 6 1/2
Alison Pill's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2013 - Snowpiercer
2012 - To Rome with Love
2011 - Midnight in Paris
2010 - Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
2009 - One Way to Valhalla
2008 - Milk
2007 - Dan in Real Life
2004 - Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen
2003 - Pieces of April
2000 - Skipped Parts
Guest TV Roles
Pill was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Her father, a financier, is Estonian. Pill attended Vaughan Road Academy, but her ADHD, even treated, made it hard for her to focus in school and stay quiet, until she enrolled in the program "Interact", designed for students interested in dance, music, athletics and theatre. In 2006, she starred as Grace Webster in the short-lived NBC drama The Book of Daniel, and was nominated for a Tony Award for her performance in Martin McDonagh's The Lieutenant of Inishmore. Pill had a major supporting role as campaign manager Anne Kronenberg in the Oscar-winning 2008 film Milk.
Pill is engaged to actor Jay Baruchel. Baruchel made their engagement public when he thanked his fiancée (Pill) during an acceptance speech at the Genie Awards in Ottawa, Canada.
She appears in Aaron Sorkin's HBO series The Newsroom as Maggie Jordan, and will appear in Snow Piercer, with Chris Evans and Jamie Bell, to be released in 2013.
- Nominated for the 2006 Tony Award (New York City) for Supporting or Features Actress in a Drama for "The Lieutenant of Inishmore".
- Is a fan of the band 'Coldplay' (qv), and often camps out to buy tickets for their concerts.
- When she first auditioned for _Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen (2004)_ (qv), the director, 'Sara Sugarman' (qv) turned her down, as she had a more androgynous appearance in mind for the character of Ella. Pill took pictures of herself as a boy and auditioned a second time, and finally got the part.
- Is friends with 'Lorna Luft' (qv), whom she played in _Life with Judy Garland: Me and My Shadows (2001) (TV)_ (qv).
- Her favourite actress is 'Patricia Clarkson' (qv), whom she worked with on _Pieces of April (2003)_ (qv).