Oct. 4th, 1976
San Francisco, California, USA
Alicia Silverstone's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Tropic Thunder
2005 - Beauty Shop
2005 - Silence Becomes You
1999 - Blast from the Past
1997 - Batman & Robin
1997 - Excess Baggage
1996 - True Crime
1995 - The Babysitter
1995 - Clueless
1995 - Hideaway
1993 - The Crush
Guest TV Roles
Alicia Silverstone was born on October 4, 1976, in San Francisco, California, the youngest of three children to Monty Silverstone, a real-estate investor, and Didi Silverstone, a former flight attendant. Alicia's career began at the tender age of six when her dad took some photos of his young daughter, which eventually led to her getting several television commercials. After a guest spot on "The Wonder Years" (1988) as a literal "dream girl" she moved on to movies. She landed a role in The Crush (1993), a sort of Fatal Attraction (1987) for teenagers in which she portrayed a disturbed young girl obsessed with an older man. The nasty little role didn't impress the critical establishment but it wowed its target audience: teenagers. In fact, the role won her the 1994 MTV Movie Award for "Best Villain" and "Breakthrough Performance". It is interesting to note that during the filming of the movie, Alicia became an emancipated minor in order to get around child labor laws which would have interfered with her working hours. She was a dedicated actress from early on. The film also caught the attention of Aerosmith, who hired her to appear in a string of their music videos. The first of them, "Cryin'", was voted the #1 video of all time on MTV. Silverstone was definitely a hit with the MTV crowd, but larger commercial success still eluded her. That all changed when she landed the role of "Cher" in Amy Heckerling's Clueless (1995). Cher was the antithesis of Alicia's role in "The Crush; this time around she was a rich, naive yet endearing girl from Beverly Hills in search of love in the 1990s. The film was a huge box-office hit and wowed both audiences and critics alike and demonstrated Alicia's strength and bankability. She was hailed as the woman of the hour, and branded the spokeswoman for an emerging young generation. She signed a deal with Columbia Tristar worth $10 million and got the coveted role of Batgirl in the Batman franchise. Also, as part of the package, she got a three-year first-look deal for her own production company, First Kiss Productions. The first film released by First Kiss was Excess Baggage (1997).
- Speaks French fluently.
- Voted one of the "Fun and Fearless Females" by Cosmopolitan Magazine (2002.)
- In answer to the question 'Is it true that you like to do gardening naked?' in the UK's 'Radio Times' magazine (22.5.04) she said, 'Yes, that is something that I enjoy doing. I don't know how you know about that but it's ... not untrue. It's just that if it's really hot and you're in LA, and you happen to be doing some gardening -- your clothes come off. I also like to swim naked and trampoline naked and do all those kind of things'.
- Measurements: 33-24-34 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Her wedding ring was made by Neil Lane.
- Was turned down for the lead in _My Father the Hero (1994)_ (qv). They said she was too heavy for the part. The role went to 'Katherine Heigl' (qv).
- Was offered a role in _Scream 3 (2000)_ (qv).
- Daughter of 'Monty Silverstone' (qv)