Jul. 21st, 1973
Breaux Bridge, Louisiana, USA
Ali Landry's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Ali Landry broke onto the scene and gained instant fame as "the Doritos Girl" when she was featured in a commercial for Frito Lay during the 1998 Super Bowl telecast. The next day, the NY Post hailed in a cover story "A star was born during Superbowl XXXII." Later that year, she was named one of People Magazine's "50 Most Beautiful."
Following the success of the commercial campaign, ALI, who was crowned MISS USA 1996, made the transition from modeling to acting with a variety of film and television roles. Most recently she co-starred in the feature film Bella (2006), which won the Toronto Film Festival Award in 2006, in addition to three seasons on the hit UPN Network series "Eve" (2003).
Other television appearances include recurring roles in "Felicity" (1998), "Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place" (1998), "Sunset Beach" (1997), and "Popular" (1999). Her hosting credits have included the weekly music-talk show "Farmclub.com" (2001), "Full Frontal Fashion" (2002) on WE: Women's Entertainment, and NBC's "Spy TV" (2001). Plus, ALI was an MTV staple in the summer of 1999, appearing in the popular video for 98 Degrees' single "I Do." In feature films, she co-starred in Beautiful (2000) directed by Sally Field.
- Borrowed a dress for the Miss USA pageant from photographer Kay Ouzts.
- Ali met her husband Alejandro at a Bible study at church.
- At age 33, she gave birth to her first child. Daughter, Estela Ines, was born July 12, 2007 just after 9:30 am, weighing 8 lbs, 2 oz.
- Miss USA 1996.
- Miss Louisiana USA 1996.
- Is of Cajun French and Spanish descent.
- She is from the southwestern region of Louisiana, also referred to as "Acadiana"; this area is known as the "heart of Cajun country".
- She attended the University of Southwestern Louisiana, but withdrew after winning the Miss USA title in 1996.