Sep. 21st, 1971
Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA
Alfonso Ribeiro's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2005 - Love Wrecked
Guest TV Roles
Randy Robertson (Voiced)
Alfonso Ribeiro was born in New York on September 21, 1971. Alfonso's family is from Trinidad & Tobago. Although rumor has been that he is of Dominican descent, he has stated in an interview that this is false. Neither he nor his family are from the Dominican Republic; they originate from Trinidad & Tobago.
Ribeiro began his career when he debuted on the PBS show "Oye Ollie." After getting the starring role in the Broadway musical "The Tap Dance Kid" Ribeiro was spotted by 'Michael Jackson' who cast him in one of the singer's many Pepsi commercials of that decade. At the age of 10 Ribeiro dabbled as a musician, releasing singles such as "Dance Baby," "Not Too Young (To Fall In Love)", "Sneak Away With Me" and "Time Bomb". It was about this time that he was cast as 'Rick Schroder's' best friend on the long-running series "Silver Spoons" (1982).
He attended California State University at Los Angeles after the end of the series, and was later cast as Carlton Banks on the popular series "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" (1990). An avid race car driver, Ribeiro resides in Los Angeles where he participates in celebrity car races.
- Raced part-time in the mid to late 1990's in the Star Mazda Series, with a best finish of 3rd at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
- Professional tap dancer and gymnast.
- Was cast as one of the background dancers in Michael Jackson's Pepsi commercials in the early 80s
- Was number 95 on vh1's _"100 Greatest Kid Stars" (2005)_ (qv)
- Won The Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach celebrity race in 1994 and 1995.
- There was a rumor that he died in the 80s while doing a head spin, but he was confused with a breakdancing boy in a Pepsi commercial who did die.
- Born and raised in New York City, currently lives in Los Angeles
- In 2003 starred in a McDonald's commercial for McGriddle breakfast sandwiches.