Feb. 25th, 1966
Salisbury, Maryland, USA
Alexis Denisof's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Alexis Denisof (born February 25, 1966) in Salisbury, Maryland, the son of Dr. Christiana Taylor and Gerald Denisof. He has Russian, French, and Irish ancestry. He moved to Seattle, Washington when he was three years old. He attended Highline College, where his mother was head of the drama department. After graduating from St. Paul's School in Concord, New Hampshire, he moved to London, England, at age 17, where he lived and worked for several years.
- His mother has a PhD and teaches Drama in Seattle.
- When he returned to America, he was too broke to afford his own place and he couldn't find any work. Luckily, 'Mary Steenburgen' (qv), whom he had met and befriended while making _Noah's Ark (1999) (TV)_ (qv) took him in, and he lived with Mary and her husband, 'Ted Danson' (qv), for a year. "Ted and Mary are my saviors," he has said. "I definitely wouldn't have made it without their psychological and emotional support."
- Named #3 of the Top Ten Sexiest Men of the Buffy / Angel universe in a fan poll by the Buffy the Vampire Slayer fanzine (2004).
- Was diagnosed with Bell's Palsy just before filming of the final season on _"Angel" (1999)_ (qv) commenced. During the first episode, director 'Joss Whedon' (qv) was careful to keep most of Alexis's shots on his right profile, as the left side of his face was fairly immobile at the time.
- He attended a boarding school in New Hampshire at the age of 13.
- Was born in Maryland, raised in Seattle, and spent 3 years studying at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art.
- His relationship with 'Alyson Hannigan' (qv) was beset with many false starts at first. She asked him out when they first met on the _"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997)_ (qv) set, but he declined, citing a personal rule against dating coworkers. By the time he left the show, she was already dating someone else, but Alexis and Aly became friends regardless, eventually becoming so close that other people assumed they were dating. They finally decided to take the plunge and enter into a genuine romantic relationship, but not without fears that, if it didn't work out, they might wreck their friendship. Suffice to say, the relationship seems to be working very well.
- The series finale of _"Angel" (1999)_ (qv) was his own 100th episode on the show.