Sep. 16th, 1981
Houston, Texas, USA
Alexis Bledel's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Post Grad
2008 - The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2
2006 - Life is Short
2005 - Sin City
2005 - The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
2004 - Bride & Prejudice
2002 - Tuck Everlasting
1998 - Rushmore
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Julia Wise
Houston, Texas native Alexis Bledel made her television debut in Gilmore Girls (2000), after spending years in front of the camera as a model. Bledel's parents encouraged her to try community theater in Houston when she was 8 years old, hoping it would assist their daughter overcome her shyness. She went on to perform in productions of Our Town, The Wizard of Oz and Aladdin, and later was scouted in a local mall to model. She began her modeling career while still in high school, traveling all over to locations like Tokyo, Milan, New York and Los Angeles. After graduating, she enrolled at NYU as a film major.
In the Spring of 2000, Bledel landed a manager through her modeling agency and headed to Los Angeles for her first pilot season, where she quickly landed the coveted role of Rory on Gilmore Girls (2000).
When she's not working, Bledel enjoys writing, reading, shooting photography, going to the movies and spending time with her family.
- (2002) One of Teen People Magazine's "25 Hottest Stars under 25"
- She's a fan of the ska/punk band Less than Jake. She's featured in the a music video for one of their songs, "She's Gonna Break Soon.".
- Girlfriend of _"Gilmore Girls" (2000)_ (qv) co-star 'Milo Ventimiglia' (qv) from 2002 to 2006.
- Her favorite band now is 'Evanescence' (qv).
- Is a graduate of the Page Parkes Center of modeling and acting.
- Didn't grow up speaking English, she learned it in school.
- Former model
- Named #87 on the Maxim magazine "Hot 100 of 2005" list.