Sep. 16th, 1981
Houston, Texas, USA
Alexis Bledel's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Houston, Texas native Alexis Bledel made her television debut in Gilmore Girls (2000), after spending years in front of the camera as a model. Bledel's parents encouraged her to try community theater in Houston when she was 8 years old, hoping it would assist their daughter overcome her shyness. She went on to perform in productions of Our Town, The Wizard of Oz and Aladdin, and later was scouted in a local mall to model. She began her modeling career while still in high school, traveling all over to locations like Tokyo, Milan, New York and Los Angeles. After graduating, she enrolled at NYU as a film major.
In the Spring of 2000, Bledel landed a manager through her modeling agency and headed to Los Angeles for her first pilot season, where she quickly landed the coveted role of Rory on Gilmore Girls (2000).
When she's not working, Bledel enjoys writing, reading, shooting photography, going to the movies and spending time with her family.
- Attended St Mark's Lutheran Middle School.
- She has 1 younger brother, Eric David Bledel (born 1986)
- Her first language is Spanish.
- Admitted on _"Late Show with David Letterman" (1993)_ (qv) that she dislikes living in L.A. because she has to drive everywhere and says she is a terrible driver.
- She has a brief role in the movie _Rushmore (1998)_ (qv). In the scene where Max speaks in front of his class at Grover Cleveland, she can be seen sitting in the front row.
- She is friends with 'Amber Tamblyn' (qv) and 'America Ferrera' (qv) her co-stars from _The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (2005)_ (qv) and its sequel.
- Named #87 on the Maxim magazine "Hot 100 of 2005" list.
- Her modeling career ended when she was in winter and the photographer splashed cold water in her face.