Sep. 16th, 1981
Houston, Texas, USA
Alexis Bledel's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Post Grad
2008 - The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2
2006 - Life is Short
2005 - Sin City
2005 - The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
2004 - Bride & Prejudice
2002 - Tuck Everlasting
1998 - Rushmore
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Julia Wise
Houston, Texas native Alexis Bledel made her television debut in Gilmore Girls (2000), after spending years in front of the camera as a model. Bledel's parents encouraged her to try community theater in Houston when she was 8 years old, hoping it would assist their daughter overcome her shyness. She went on to perform in productions of Our Town, The Wizard of Oz and Aladdin, and later was scouted in a local mall to model. She began her modeling career while still in high school, traveling all over to locations like Tokyo, Milan, New York and Los Angeles. After graduating, she enrolled at NYU as a film major.
In the Spring of 2000, Bledel landed a manager through her modeling agency and headed to Los Angeles for her first pilot season, where she quickly landed the coveted role of Rory on Gilmore Girls (2000).
When she's not working, Bledel enjoys writing, reading, shooting photography, going to the movies and spending time with her family.
- Enjoys watching the World Equestrian Games, especially the freestyle/dancing competitions.
- Her parents' nationalities are Nanette, Mexican and Martin, Argentinian (her father's family were Danish immigrants to Argentina; her ethnic background includes Danish, French, German and Spanish.
- She hates coffee and, while her character "Rory" on _"Gilmore Girls" (2000)_ (qv) consumes it daily, she drinks coca-cola out of the supposed coffee mugs.
- That '70s Show and ED are some of her favorite shows.
- In between scenes on the _"Gilmore Girls" (2000)_ (qv), she heads to her trailer and practices on a keyboard.
- Named #87 on the Maxim magazine "Hot 100 of 2005" list.
- Didn't grow up speaking English, she learned it in school.
- Her favorite band now is 'Evanescence' (qv).