Sep. 16th, 1981
Houston, Texas, USA
Alexis Bledel's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Jenny's Wedding
2013 - The Brass Teapot
2013 - Violet & Daisy
2011 - Girl Walks Into a Bar
2011 - The Conspirator
2009 - Post Grad
2008 - The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2
2007 - I'm Reed Fish
2006 - Zoom
2005 - Sin City
2005 - The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
2005 - Bride and Prejudice
2002 - Tuck Everlasting
1998 - Rushmore
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Julia Wise
Houston, Texas native Alexis Bledel made her television debut in Gilmore Girls (2000), after spending years in front of the camera as a model. Bledel's parents encouraged her to try community theater in Houston when she was 8 years old, hoping it would assist their daughter overcome her shyness. She went on to perform in productions of Our Town, The Wizard of Oz and Aladdin, and later was scouted in a local mall to model. She began her modeling career while still in high school, traveling all over to locations like Tokyo, Milan, New York and Los Angeles. After graduating, she enrolled at NYU as a film major.
In the Spring of 2000, Bledel landed a manager through her modeling agency and headed to Los Angeles for her first pilot season, where she quickly landed the coveted role of Rory on Gilmore Girls (2000).
When she's not working, Bledel enjoys writing, reading, shooting photography, going to the movies and spending time with her family.
- Enjoys watching the World Equestrian Games, especially the freestyle/dancing competitions.
- Moved to L.A. when she joined the _"Gilmore Girls" (2000)_ (qv) cast.
- Her first language is Spanish.
- Her modeling career ended when she was in winter and the photographer splashed cold water in her face.
- She has a brief role in the movie _Rushmore (1998)_ (qv). In the scene where Max speaks in front of his class at Grover Cleveland, she can be seen sitting in the front row.
- Enjoys photography, writing, reading, watching movies and hanging with her family.
- That '70s Show and ED are some of her favorite shows.
- Her favorite band now is 'Evanescence' (qv).