Sep. 16th, 1981
Houston, Texas, USA
Alexis Bledel's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2013 - The Brass Teapot
2011 - Girl Walks Into a Bar
2011 - The Conspirator
2009 - Post Grad
2008 - The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2
2006 - Zoom
2005 - Sin City
2005 - The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
2002 - Tuck Everlasting
1998 - Rushmore
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Houston, Texas native Alexis Bledel made her television debut in Gilmore Girls (2000), after spending years in front of the camera as a model. Bledel's parents encouraged her to try community theater in Houston when she was 8 years old, hoping it would assist their daughter overcome her shyness. She went on to perform in productions of Our Town, The Wizard of Oz and Aladdin, and later was scouted in a local mall to model. She began her modeling career while still in high school, traveling all over to locations like Tokyo, Milan, New York and Los Angeles. After graduating, she enrolled at NYU as a film major.
In the Spring of 2000, Bledel landed a manager through her modeling agency and headed to Los Angeles for her first pilot season, where she quickly landed the coveted role of Rory on Gilmore Girls (2000).
When she's not working, Bledel enjoys writing, reading, shooting photography, going to the movies and spending time with her family.
- (2002) One of Teen People Magazine's "25 Hottest Stars under 25"
- Her parents' nationalities are Nanette, Mexican and Martin, Argentinian (her father's family were Danish immigrants to Argentina; her ethnic background includes Danish, French, German and Spanish.
- Started modeling at 14.
- That '70s Show and ED are some of her favorite shows.
- She is friends with 'Amber Tamblyn' (qv) and 'America Ferrera' (qv) her co-stars from _The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (2005)_ (qv) and its sequel.
- Her audition for _"Gilmore Girls" (2000)_ (qv) was her first ever.
- Her modeling career ended when she was in winter and the photographer splashed cold water in her face.
- Plays on a women's soccer team called The Hustlers.