Sep. 16th, 1981
Houston, Texas, USA
Alexis Bledel's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Houston, Texas native Alexis Bledel made her television debut in Gilmore Girls (2000), after spending years in front of the camera as a model. Bledel's parents encouraged her to try community theater in Houston when she was 8 years old, hoping it would assist their daughter overcome her shyness. She went on to perform in productions of Our Town, The Wizard of Oz and Aladdin, and later was scouted in a local mall to model. She began her modeling career while still in high school, traveling all over to locations like Tokyo, Milan, New York and Los Angeles. After graduating, she enrolled at NYU as a film major.
In the Spring of 2000, Bledel landed a manager through her modeling agency and headed to Los Angeles for her first pilot season, where she quickly landed the coveted role of Rory on Gilmore Girls (2000).
When she's not working, Bledel enjoys writing, reading, shooting photography, going to the movies and spending time with her family.
- Named #87 on the Maxim magazine "Hot 100 of 2005" list.
- Enjoys watching the World Equestrian Games, especially the freestyle/dancing competitions.
- Adopted a Maltese-chihuahua mix dog named Sophie
- She has 1 younger brother, Eric David Bledel (born 1986)
- Started modeling at 14.
- Moved to L.A. when she joined the _"Gilmore Girls" (2000)_ (qv) cast.
- Her audition for _"Gilmore Girls" (2000)_ (qv) was her first ever.
- Her parents' nationalities are Nanette, Mexican and Martin, Argentinian (her father's family were Danish immigrants to Argentina; her ethnic background includes Danish, French, German and Spanish.