Sep. 16th, 1981
Houston, Texas, USA
Alexis Bledel's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2013 - The Brass Teapot
2011 - Girl Walks Into a Bar
2011 - The Conspirator
2009 - Post Grad
2008 - The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2
2006 - Zoom
2005 - Sin City
2005 - The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
2002 - Tuck Everlasting
1998 - Rushmore
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Houston, Texas native Alexis Bledel made her television debut in Gilmore Girls (2000), after spending years in front of the camera as a model. Bledel's parents encouraged her to try community theater in Houston when she was 8 years old, hoping it would assist their daughter overcome her shyness. She went on to perform in productions of Our Town, The Wizard of Oz and Aladdin, and later was scouted in a local mall to model. She began her modeling career while still in high school, traveling all over to locations like Tokyo, Milan, New York and Los Angeles. After graduating, she enrolled at NYU as a film major.
In the Spring of 2000, Bledel landed a manager through her modeling agency and headed to Los Angeles for her first pilot season, where she quickly landed the coveted role of Rory on Gilmore Girls (2000).
When she's not working, Bledel enjoys writing, reading, shooting photography, going to the movies and spending time with her family.
- That '70s Show and ED are some of her favorite shows.
- Enjoys watching the World Equestrian Games, especially the freestyle/dancing competitions.
- Is a graduate of the Page Parkes Center of modeling and acting.
- Enjoys photography, writing, reading, watching movies and hanging with her family.
- Named #87 on the Maxim magazine "Hot 100 of 2005" list.
- Didn't grow up speaking English, she learned it in school.
- Girlfriend of _"Gilmore Girls" (2000)_ (qv) co-star 'Milo Ventimiglia' (qv) from 2002 to 2006.
- Her audition for _"Gilmore Girls" (2000)_ (qv) was her first ever.