Sep. 16th, 1981
Houston, Texas, USA
Alexis Bledel's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Post Grad
2008 - The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2
2006 - Zoom
2005 - Sin City
2005 - The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
2004 - Bride & Prejudice
2002 - Tuck Everlasting
1998 - Rushmore
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Julia Wise
Houston, Texas native Alexis Bledel made her television debut in Gilmore Girls (2000), after spending years in front of the camera as a model. Bledel's parents encouraged her to try community theater in Houston when she was 8 years old, hoping it would assist their daughter overcome her shyness. She went on to perform in productions of Our Town, The Wizard of Oz and Aladdin, and later was scouted in a local mall to model. She began her modeling career while still in high school, traveling all over to locations like Tokyo, Milan, New York and Los Angeles. After graduating, she enrolled at NYU as a film major.
In the Spring of 2000, Bledel landed a manager through her modeling agency and headed to Los Angeles for her first pilot season, where she quickly landed the coveted role of Rory on Gilmore Girls (2000).
When she's not working, Bledel enjoys writing, reading, shooting photography, going to the movies and spending time with her family.
- Plays on a women's soccer team called The Hustlers.
- She hates coffee and, while her character "Rory" on _"Gilmore Girls" (2000)_ (qv) consumes it daily, she drinks coca-cola out of the supposed coffee mugs.
- Former model
- She has 1 younger brother, Eric David Bledel (born 1986)
- Admitted on _"Late Show with David Letterman" (1993)_ (qv) that she dislikes living in L.A. because she has to drive everywhere and says she is a terrible driver.
- Started modeling at 14.
- Her parents' nationalities are Nanette, Mexican and Martin, Argentinian (her father's family were Danish immigrants to Argentina; her ethnic background includes Danish, French, German and Spanish.
- That '70s Show and ED are some of her favorite shows.