Sep. 16th, 1981
Houston, Texas, USA
Alexis Bledel's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Jenny's Wedding
2013 - Violet & Daisy
2013 - The Brass Teapot
2011 - The Conspirator
2011 - Girl Walks Into a Bar
2009 - Post Grad
2008 - The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2
2007 - I'm Reed Fish
2006 - Zoom
2005 - Bride and Prejudice
2005 - Sin City
2005 - The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
2002 - Tuck Everlasting
1998 - Rushmore
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest
Dr. Julia Wise
Houston, Texas native Alexis Bledel made her television debut in Gilmore Girls (2000), after spending years in front of the camera as a model. Bledel's parents encouraged her to try community theater in Houston when she was 8 years old, hoping it would assist their daughter overcome her shyness. She went on to perform in productions of Our Town, The Wizard of Oz and Aladdin, and later was scouted in a local mall to model. She began her modeling career while still in high school, traveling all over to locations like Tokyo, Milan, New York and Los Angeles. After graduating, she enrolled at NYU as a film major.
In the Spring of 2000, Bledel landed a manager through her modeling agency and headed to Los Angeles for her first pilot season, where she quickly landed the coveted role of Rory on Gilmore Girls (2000).
When she's not working, Bledel enjoys writing, reading, shooting photography, going to the movies and spending time with her family.
- Attended St Mark's Lutheran Middle School.
- Didn't grow up speaking English, she learned it in school.
- Is a graduate of the Page Parkes Center of modeling and acting.
- Girlfriend of _"Gilmore Girls" (2000)_ (qv) co-star 'Milo Ventimiglia' (qv) from 2002 to 2006.
- Her first language is Spanish.
- Her parents' nationalities are Nanette, Mexican and Martin, Argentinian (her father's family were Danish immigrants to Argentina; her ethnic background includes Danish, French, German and Spanish.
- She hates coffee and, while her character "Rory" on _"Gilmore Girls" (2000)_ (qv) consumes it daily, she drinks coca-cola out of the supposed coffee mugs.
- Admitted on _"Late Show with David Letterman" (1993)_ (qv) that she dislikes living in L.A. because she has to drive everywhere and says she is a terrible driver.