Sep. 16th, 1981
Houston, Texas, USA
Alexis Bledel's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Houston, Texas native Alexis Bledel made her television debut in Gilmore Girls (2000), after spending years in front of the camera as a model. Bledel's parents encouraged her to try community theater in Houston when she was 8 years old, hoping it would assist their daughter overcome her shyness. She went on to perform in productions of Our Town, The Wizard of Oz and Aladdin, and later was scouted in a local mall to model. She began her modeling career while still in high school, traveling all over to locations like Tokyo, Milan, New York and Los Angeles. After graduating, she enrolled at NYU as a film major.
In the Spring of 2000, Bledel landed a manager through her modeling agency and headed to Los Angeles for her first pilot season, where she quickly landed the coveted role of Rory on Gilmore Girls (2000).
When she's not working, Bledel enjoys writing, reading, shooting photography, going to the movies and spending time with her family.
- She graduated from Saint Agnes Academy in Houston, Texas.
- Girlfriend of _"Gilmore Girls" (2000)_ (qv) co-star 'Milo Ventimiglia' (qv) from 2002 to 2006.
- Plays on a women's soccer team called The Hustlers.
- Enjoys watching the World Equestrian Games, especially the freestyle/dancing competitions.
- Her first language is Spanish.
- She is friends with 'Amber Tamblyn' (qv) and 'America Ferrera' (qv) her co-stars from _The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (2005)_ (qv) and its sequel.
- That '70s Show and ED are some of her favorite shows.
- Enjoys photography, writing, reading, watching movies and hanging with her family.