Sep. 16th, 1981
Houston, Texas, USA
Alexis Bledel's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Jenny's Wedding
2013 - The Brass Teapot
2013 - Violet & Daisy
2011 - The Conspirator
2011 - Girl Walks Into a Bar
2009 - Post Grad
2008 - The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2
2007 - I'm Reed Fish
2006 - Zoom
2005 - Sin City
2005 - The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
2005 - Bride and Prejudice
2002 - Tuck Everlasting
1998 - Rushmore
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Julia Wise
Houston, Texas native Alexis Bledel made her television debut in Gilmore Girls (2000), after spending years in front of the camera as a model. Bledel's parents encouraged her to try community theater in Houston when she was 8 years old, hoping it would assist their daughter overcome her shyness. She went on to perform in productions of Our Town, The Wizard of Oz and Aladdin, and later was scouted in a local mall to model. She began her modeling career while still in high school, traveling all over to locations like Tokyo, Milan, New York and Los Angeles. After graduating, she enrolled at NYU as a film major.
In the Spring of 2000, Bledel landed a manager through her modeling agency and headed to Los Angeles for her first pilot season, where she quickly landed the coveted role of Rory on Gilmore Girls (2000).
When she's not working, Bledel enjoys writing, reading, shooting photography, going to the movies and spending time with her family.
- She has 1 younger brother, Eric David Bledel (born 1986)
- Is a graduate of the Page Parkes Center of modeling and acting.
- That '70s Show and ED are some of her favorite shows.
- Her favorite bands include 'Radiohead' (qv), 'Incubus' (qv), and Jimmy Eat World.
- Attended New York University's Tisch School of Arts as a film major for a year.
- Her first language is Spanish.
- Started modeling at 14.
- Enjoys watching the World Equestrian Games, especially the freestyle/dancing competitions.