Sep. 16th, 1981
Houston, Texas, USA
Alexis Bledel's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Houston, Texas native Alexis Bledel made her television debut in Gilmore Girls (2000), after spending years in front of the camera as a model. Bledel's parents encouraged her to try community theater in Houston when she was 8 years old, hoping it would assist their daughter overcome her shyness. She went on to perform in productions of Our Town, The Wizard of Oz and Aladdin, and later was scouted in a local mall to model. She began her modeling career while still in high school, traveling all over to locations like Tokyo, Milan, New York and Los Angeles. After graduating, she enrolled at NYU as a film major.
In the Spring of 2000, Bledel landed a manager through her modeling agency and headed to Los Angeles for her first pilot season, where she quickly landed the coveted role of Rory on Gilmore Girls (2000).
When she's not working, Bledel enjoys writing, reading, shooting photography, going to the movies and spending time with her family.
- Her first language is Spanish.
- Her audition for _"Gilmore Girls" (2000)_ (qv) was her first ever.
- Her favorite bands include 'Radiohead' (qv), 'Incubus' (qv), and Jimmy Eat World.
- Moved to L.A. when she joined the _"Gilmore Girls" (2000)_ (qv) cast.
- She has 1 younger brother, Eric David Bledel (born 1986)
- Is a graduate of the Page Parkes Center of modeling and acting.
- In between scenes on the _"Gilmore Girls" (2000)_ (qv), she heads to her trailer and practices on a keyboard.
- She's a fan of the ska/punk band Less than Jake. She's featured in the a music video for one of their songs, "She's Gonna Break Soon.".