Dec. 15th, 1972
Washington, DC, USA
Alexandra Tydings' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Alexandra Tydings Luzzatto is an American actress, best known for her role as the Greek goddess Aphrodite on the popular TV series Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and on its spin-off Xena: Warrior Princess.
She first began her career at the age of 11 at the Royal Ballet's production of Isadora at the Kennedy Center playing the role of a student. Her previous jobs besides acting include script reader, dog walker, receptionist at a dance studio, coordinator of a university's women's center, women's peer counselor, model, waitress, punk clothing store sales person, video store clerk, demolition, and singer and bassist of bands Annabelle Kickbox and She's Seen You Naked. She is a graduate of the private high school Sidwell Friends and Brown University with a degree in film and critical theory. She has four sisters and one brother.
She is married to Ben Luzzatto. They have two daughters: Ruby (born June 17, 2004) and Emerson (born June 4, 2006). As of 2006 she is living back in her home town of Washington, DC teaching Rock-and-Roll Yoga.
She is the granddaughter of Millard Tydings, former United States Senator from Maryland.
- Graduate of Brown University, 1993
- Became a member of two punk music bands when she was young.
- Has two tattoos.
- Attended high school at the Sidwell Friends School in Washington, D.C.
- Grew up in Washington DC's colorful punk scene and at one time, was bassist and singer for 2 punk bands.
- Gave birth to her second child, a girl named Emerson, on June 4th, 2006.
Related sites for this celeb