Feb. 15th, 1971
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Alex Borstein's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Alexandrea "Alex" Borstein is an American actress, writer, producer, and comedian. She is well known for her long-running role as Lois Griffin on the animated television series Family Guy, and as a cast member on the sketch comedy series MADtv. A native of Deerfield, Illinois, Borstein is a graduate of San Francisco State University, where she studied rhetoric. She was trained in improvisational comedy at the ACME Comedy Theatre, near Hollywood, California, and was selected to join MADtv after being scouted by talent agents who noticed her work at the theatre. She was a writer and voice actor for several television shows, including Casper, Pinky and the Brain, and Power Rangers: Zeo, before joining the cast of MADtv as a featured player, and later as a repertory player in 1997.
- Son Barnaby Borstein Douglas was born September 8th, 2008. He weighed in at 8 lbs. 10 oz.
- She became engaged to be married when her boyfriend 'Jackson Douglas' (qv) proposed to her during the taping of a _"MADtv" (1995)_ (qv) skit.
- Ms. Swan, her most famous and lovable character on _"MADtv" (1995)_ (qv), was based on a combination of Borstein's real life grandmother and 'Björk (I)' (qv).
- Was listed as a potential nominee on the 2007 Razzie Award nominating ballot. She was suggested in the Worst Supporting Actress category for her performance in the film _Little Man (2006/I)_ (qv), however, she failed to receive a nomination.
- Left _"MADtv" (1995)_ (qv) at the end of the 2001-2002 season.
- Was the original choice for Sookie St. James in _"Gilmore Girls" (2000)_ (qv). The role was performed by 'Melissa McCarthy' (qv).
- Her school bus driver was 'John Malkovich' (qv).