Feb. 15th, 1971
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Alex Borstein's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Killers
2007 - The Lookout
2005 - Kicking & Screaming
2005 - Good Night, and Good Luck
2004 - Catwoman
2004 - Billy's Dad Is a Fudge-Packer
2004 - Seeing Other People
2003 - Bad Santa
2003 - The Lizzie McGuire Movie
2002 - Showtime
2002 - Bad Boy
2000 - Coyote Ugly
Guest TV Roles
Cake Woman (Voiced)
Wonder Woman (Voiced)
Lois Griffin (Voiced)
Alexandrea "Alex" Borstein is an American actress, writer, producer, and comedian. She is well known for her long-running role as Lois Griffin on the animated television series Family Guy, and as a cast member on the sketch comedy series MADtv. A native of Deerfield, Illinois, Borstein is a graduate of San Francisco State University, where she studied rhetoric. She was trained in improvisational comedy at the ACME Comedy Theatre, near Hollywood, California, and was selected to join MADtv after being scouted by talent agents who noticed her work at the theatre. She was a writer and voice actor for several television shows, including Casper, Pinky and the Brain, and Power Rangers: Zeo, before joining the cast of MADtv as a featured player, and later as a repertory player in 1997.
- Left _"MADtv" (1995)_ (qv) at the end of the 2001-2002 season.
- Her school bus driver was 'John Malkovich' (qv).
- Ms. Swan, her most famous and lovable character on _"MADtv" (1995)_ (qv), was based on a combination of Borstein's real life grandmother and 'Björk (I)' (qv).
- Son Barnaby Borstein Douglas was born September 8th, 2008. He weighed in at 8 lbs. 10 oz.
- Was listed as a potential nominee on the 2007 Razzie Award nominating ballot. She was suggested in the Worst Supporting Actress category for her performance in the film _Little Man (2006/I)_ (qv), however, she failed to receive a nomination.
- She became engaged to be married when her boyfriend 'Jackson Douglas' (qv) proposed to her during the taping of a _"MADtv" (1995)_ (qv) skit.
- Was the original choice for Sookie St. James in _"Gilmore Girls" (2000)_ (qv). The role was performed by 'Melissa McCarthy' (qv).