Jul. 22nd, 1947
Beverly Hills, California, USA
Albert Brooks' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Albert's father, vaudeville/radio/film comedian 'Harry Parke' (qv) (aka Parkyakarkus) died of a heart attack when Albert was 11 in 1958. Parke collapsed next to 'Milton Berle' (qv) during a Friar's roast gathering honoring 'Lucille Ball' (qv) and 'Desi Arnaz' (qv) in Los Angeles.
- Son of 'Thelma Leeds' (qv) and 'Harry Parke' (qv)(comedian known as 'Parkyakarkus').
- Attended the same High School as 'Angelina Jolie' (qv), 'Michael Klesic' (qv), 'Nicolas Cage' (qv), 'Lenny Kravitz' (qv), 'David Schwimmer (I)' (qv), 'Jonathan Silverman (I)' (qv), 'Gina Gershon' (qv), 'Rhonda Fleming' (qv), 'Jackie Cooper (I)' (qv), 'Rob Reiner' (qv), 'Antonio Sabato Jr.' (qv), 'Pauly Shore' (qv), 'Michael Tolkin' (qv), 'Betty White (I)' (qv), 'Corbin Bernsen' (qv), 'Elizabeth Daily' (qv) and 'Crispin Glover' (qv).
- Brooks attended Carnegie Tech in Pittsburgh, but dropped out after one year to focus on comedy.
- Brooks was romantically linked to singer 'Linda Ronstadt' (qv) and actresses 'Carrie Fisher' (qv), 'Julie Hagerty' (qv) and 'Kathryn Harrold' (qv) before settling down and marrying Kimberly Shlain, an artist.
- Brooks has been honored by the American Film Institute with a retrospective of his work at the first U.S. Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen Colorado.
- Turned down the role of Edward Lewis in _Pretty Woman (1990)_ (qv).
- Friend of 'Richard Lewis (II)' (qv).