Jul. 22nd, 1947
Beverly Hills, California, USA
Albert Brooks' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Brother of 'Bob Einstein (I)' (qv) who is best known for his character "Super Dave" Osbourne.
- Son of 'Thelma Leeds' (qv) and 'Harry Parke' (qv)(comedian known as 'Parkyakarkus').
- Once performed a humorless, five-minute stand up comedy routine on _"The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" (1962)_ (qv) that didn't produce a single laugh until the punchline - when he explained to the audience that he had been working as a stand up comic for five years and had run out of material. 'Johnny Carson (I)' (qv) swore the hilarity which followed this set-up lasted a full minute.
- (26 March 2000) daughter, Claire Elizabeth born
- Brooks has been honored by the American Film Institute with a retrospective of his work at the first U.S. Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen Colorado.
- Brooks attended Carnegie Tech in Pittsburgh, but dropped out after one year to focus on comedy.
- A good friend of 'Carrie Fisher' (qv). 'Debbie Reynolds (I)' (qv) used to try to get Carrie (her daughter) and Albert to marry.
- Turned down the role of Edward Lewis in _Pretty Woman (1990)_ (qv).