Jul. 22nd, 1947
Beverly Hills, California, USA
Albert Brooks' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - The Simpsons Movie
2003 - The In-Laws
2003 - Finding Nemo
2001 - My First Mister
1999 - The Muse
1998 - Dr. Dolittle
1998 - Out of Sight
1994 - The Scout
1991 - Defending Your Life
1987 - Broadcast News
1985 - Lost in America
1983 - Terms of Endearment
1983 - Twilight Zone: The Movie
1980 - Private Benjamin
1979 - Real Life
1976 - Taxi Driver
Guest TV Roles
Hank Scorpio (Voiced)
Christopher Leacock (segment "Love and Operation Model")
- Once performed a humorless, five-minute stand up comedy routine on _"The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" (1962)_ (qv) that didn't produce a single laugh until the punchline - when he explained to the audience that he had been working as a stand up comic for five years and had run out of material. 'Johnny Carson (I)' (qv) swore the hilarity which followed this set-up lasted a full minute.
- Turned down the lead in _When Harry Met Sally... (1989)_ (qv) because he thought it was too much like a 'Woody Allen' (qv) script. Albert has been described as a West Coast Woody Allen
- (26 March 2000) daughter, Claire Elizabeth born
- Biography in: "Who's Who in Comedy", by Ronald L. Smith, pg.61-62. New York: Facts on File, 1992. ISBN 0816023387
- Brooks was romantically linked to singer 'Linda Ronstadt' (qv) and actresses 'Carrie Fisher' (qv), 'Julie Hagerty' (qv) and 'Kathryn Harrold' (qv) before settling down and marrying Kimberly Shlain, an artist.
- Brooks attended Carnegie Tech in Pittsburgh, but dropped out after one year to focus on comedy.
- Brother of 'Bob Einstein (I)' (qv) who is best known for his character "Super Dave" Osbourne.
- Brooks has been honored by the American Film Institute with a retrospective of his work at the first U.S. Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen Colorado.