Jul. 22nd, 1947
Beverly Hills, California, USA
Albert Brooks' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - The Simpsons Movie
2003 - The In-Laws
2003 - Finding Nemo
2001 - My First Mister
1999 - The Muse
1998 - Dr. Dolittle
1998 - Out of Sight
1994 - The Scout
1991 - Defending Your Life
1987 - Broadcast News
1985 - Lost in America
1983 - Terms of Endearment
1983 - Twilight Zone: The Movie
1980 - Private Benjamin
1979 - Real Life
1976 - Taxi Driver
Guest TV Roles
Hank Scorpio (Voiced)
Christopher Leacock (segment "Love and Operation Model")
- Once performed a humorless, five-minute stand up comedy routine on _"The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" (1962)_ (qv) that didn't produce a single laugh until the punchline - when he explained to the audience that he had been working as a stand up comic for five years and had run out of material. 'Johnny Carson (I)' (qv) swore the hilarity which followed this set-up lasted a full minute.
- (1 October 1998) Son, Jacob Eli, born
- Brother of 'Bob Einstein (I)' (qv) who is best known for his character "Super Dave" Osbourne.
- Brooks has been honored by the American Film Institute with a retrospective of his work at the first U.S. Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen Colorado.
- Brooks attended Carnegie Tech in Pittsburgh, but dropped out after one year to focus on comedy.
- Biography in: "Who's Who in Comedy", by Ronald L. Smith, pg.61-62. New York: Facts on File, 1992. ISBN 0816023387
- His mother, singer/actress 'Thelma Leeds' (qv) had a brief career before marrying Albert's father and settling down to raise a family. She returned occasionally to film in son Albert's movies.
- Has starred in two movies where the song "Beyond the Sea" has played over the end credits. _My First Mister (2001)_ (qv) and _Finding Nemo (2003)_ (qv).