Jul. 22nd, 1947
Beverly Hills, California, USA
Albert Brooks' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - The Simpsons Movie
2003 - The In-Laws
2003 - Finding Nemo
2001 - My First Mister
1999 - The Muse
1998 - Dr. Dolittle
1998 - Out of Sight
1994 - The Scout
1991 - Defending Your Life
1987 - Broadcast News
1985 - Lost in America
1983 - Terms of Endearment
1983 - Twilight Zone: The Movie
1980 - Private Benjamin
1979 - Real Life
1976 - Taxi Driver
Guest TV Roles
Hank Scorpio (Voiced)
Christopher Leacock (segment "Love and Operation Model")
- Albert's father, vaudeville/radio/film comedian 'Harry Parke' (qv) (aka Parkyakarkus) died of a heart attack when Albert was 11 in 1958. Parke collapsed next to 'Milton Berle' (qv) during a Friar's roast gathering honoring 'Lucille Ball' (qv) and 'Desi Arnaz' (qv) in Los Angeles.
- Friend of 'Richard Lewis (II)' (qv).
- Nephew of 'Zeke Manners' (qv)
- Brooks was romantically linked to singer 'Linda Ronstadt' (qv) and actresses 'Carrie Fisher' (qv), 'Julie Hagerty' (qv) and 'Kathryn Harrold' (qv) before settling down and marrying Kimberly Shlain, an artist.
- Brother of 'Bob Einstein (I)' (qv) who is best known for his character "Super Dave" Osbourne.
- Once performed a humorless, five-minute stand up comedy routine on _"The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" (1962)_ (qv) that didn't produce a single laugh until the punchline - when he explained to the audience that he had been working as a stand up comic for five years and had run out of material. 'Johnny Carson (I)' (qv) swore the hilarity which followed this set-up lasted a full minute.
- Attended the same High School as 'Angelina Jolie' (qv), 'Michael Klesic' (qv), 'Nicolas Cage' (qv), 'Lenny Kravitz' (qv), 'David Schwimmer (I)' (qv), 'Jonathan Silverman (I)' (qv), 'Gina Gershon' (qv), 'Rhonda Fleming' (qv), 'Jackie Cooper (I)' (qv), 'Rob Reiner' (qv), 'Antonio Sabato Jr.' (qv), 'Pauly Shore' (qv), 'Michael Tolkin' (qv), 'Betty White (I)' (qv), 'Corbin Bernsen' (qv), 'Elizabeth Daily' (qv) and 'Crispin Glover' (qv).
- A good friend of 'Carrie Fisher' (qv). 'Debbie Reynolds (I)' (qv) used to try to get Carrie (her daughter) and Albert to marry.