Jul. 22nd, 1947
Beverly Hills, California, USA
Albert Brooks' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Once performed a humorless, five-minute stand up comedy routine on _"The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" (1962)_ (qv) that didn't produce a single laugh until the punchline - when he explained to the audience that he had been working as a stand up comic for five years and had run out of material. 'Johnny Carson (I)' (qv) swore the hilarity which followed this set-up lasted a full minute.
- Turned down the lead in _When Harry Met Sally... (1989)_ (qv) because he thought it was too much like a 'Woody Allen' (qv) script. Albert has been described as a West Coast Woody Allen
- Albert's father, vaudeville/radio/film comedian 'Harry Parke' (qv) (aka Parkyakarkus) died of a heart attack when Albert was 11 in 1958. Parke collapsed next to 'Milton Berle' (qv) during a Friar's roast gathering honoring 'Lucille Ball' (qv) and 'Desi Arnaz' (qv) in Los Angeles.
- Has starred in two movies where the song "Beyond the Sea" has played over the end credits. _My First Mister (2001)_ (qv) and _Finding Nemo (2003)_ (qv).
- Turned down the lead role in _Big (1988)_ (qv).
- Friend of 'Richard Lewis (II)' (qv).
- Has made six guest appearances on _"The Simpsons" (1989)_ (qv). With one exception, he has played a different character each time, and each time he has been credited as "A. Brooks."
- Brother of 'Bob Einstein (I)' (qv) who is best known for his character "Super Dave" Osbourne.