Jul. 22nd, 1947
Beverly Hills, California, USA
Albert Brooks' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Has starred in two movies where the song "Beyond the Sea" has played over the end credits. _My First Mister (2001)_ (qv) and _Finding Nemo (2003)_ (qv).
- (26 March 2000) daughter, Claire Elizabeth born
- Brooks was romantically linked to singer 'Linda Ronstadt' (qv) and actresses 'Carrie Fisher' (qv), 'Julie Hagerty' (qv) and 'Kathryn Harrold' (qv) before settling down and marrying Kimberly Shlain, an artist.
- Albert's father, vaudeville/radio/film comedian 'Harry Parke' (qv) (aka Parkyakarkus) died of a heart attack when Albert was 11 in 1958. Parke collapsed next to 'Milton Berle' (qv) during a Friar's roast gathering honoring 'Lucille Ball' (qv) and 'Desi Arnaz' (qv) in Los Angeles.
- Brooks attended Carnegie Tech in Pittsburgh, but dropped out after one year to focus on comedy.
- Son of 'Thelma Leeds' (qv) and 'Harry Parke' (qv)(comedian known as 'Parkyakarkus').
- Turned down the role of Edward Lewis in _Pretty Woman (1990)_ (qv).
- Has made six guest appearances on _"The Simpsons" (1989)_ (qv). With one exception, he has played a different character each time, and each time he has been credited as "A. Brooks."