Jul. 22nd, 1947
Beverly Hills, California, USA
Albert Brooks' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - A Most Violent Year
2007 - The Simpsons Movie
2003 - The In-Laws
2003 - Finding Nemo
2001 - My First Mister
1999 - The Muse
1998 - Dr. Dolittle
1998 - Out of Sight
1994 - The Scout
1991 - Defending Your Life
1987 - Broadcast News
1985 - Lost in America
1983 - Terms of Endearment
1983 - Twilight Zone: The Movie
1980 - Private Benjamin
1979 - Real Life
1976 - Taxi Driver
Guest TV Roles
Hank Scorpio (Voiced)
Himself - Guest
Christopher Leacock (segment "Love and Operation Model")
- Biography in: "Who's Who in Comedy", by Ronald L. Smith, pg.61-62. New York: Facts on File, 1992. ISBN 0816023387
- Attended the same High School as 'Angelina Jolie' (qv), 'Michael Klesic' (qv), 'Nicolas Cage' (qv), 'Lenny Kravitz' (qv), 'David Schwimmer (I)' (qv), 'Jonathan Silverman (I)' (qv), 'Gina Gershon' (qv), 'Rhonda Fleming' (qv), 'Jackie Cooper (I)' (qv), 'Rob Reiner' (qv), 'Antonio Sabato Jr.' (qv), 'Pauly Shore' (qv), 'Michael Tolkin' (qv), 'Betty White (I)' (qv), 'Corbin Bernsen' (qv), 'Elizabeth Daily' (qv) and 'Crispin Glover' (qv).
- Nephew of 'Zeke Manners' (qv)
- (1 October 1998) Son, Jacob Eli, born
- Has made six guest appearances on _"The Simpsons" (1989)_ (qv). With one exception, he has played a different character each time, and each time he has been credited as "A. Brooks."
- Brooks attended Carnegie Tech in Pittsburgh, but dropped out after one year to focus on comedy.
- Turned down the lead in _When Harry Met Sally... (1989)_ (qv) because he thought it was too much like a 'Woody Allen' (qv) script. Albert has been described as a West Coast Woody Allen
- Son of 'Thelma Leeds' (qv) and 'Harry Parke' (qv)(comedian known as 'Parkyakarkus').