Mar. 1st, 1947
Kirkland Lake, Ontario, Canada
Alan Thicke's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Being Canadian
2009 - The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard
2007 - The Surfer King
2006 - Alpha Dog
2005 - Childstar
2004 - Raising Helen
2004 - Hollywood North
2000 - Bear with Me
1983 - Copper Mountain
Guest TV Roles
Captain 'Buck' Enteneille
Richard Wheaton (Voiced)
Senator Bob Townsend
- Jason Seaver, Thicke's character on _"Growing Pains" (1985)_ (qv), was ranked #37 in TV Guide's list of the "50 Greatest TV Dads of All Time" [20 June 2004 issue].
- Brother of 'Todd Thicke' (qv).
- Member of Delta Upsilon fraternity.
- Composed the original score to _"Wheel of Fortune" (1975)_ (qv), titled "Big Wheels". The original theme was used until 1983. Among the other game show themes Thicke has composed are _"Celebrity Sweepstakes" (1974)_ (qv) (the second theme used in this series), _"The Diamond Head Game" (1975)_ (qv) and _"Whew!" (1979)_ (qv).
- Was the manager for Canadian teen-singer RenÚ Simard'.
- He sang and composed the theme to the cult-classic TV game show _"The Wizard of Odds" (1973)_ (qv), hosted by 'Alex Trebek' (qv).
- (1974) Son, with 'Gloria Loring' (qv), 'Brennan Thicke' (qv) was born.
- Father runs a family practice in Brampton Ontario (suburb of Toronto).