69 (passed away Dec. 13th, 2016)
Mar. 1st, 1947
Kirkland Lake, Ontario, Canada
Alan Thicke's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Alan Willis Thicke was a Canadian actor, songwriter, and game and talk show host. He was best known for his role as Jason Seaver, the father on the ABC television series Growing Pains.
- Father is a certified Transport Canada physician (performs medicals for pilots).
- Father-in-law of 'Paula Patton' (qv).
- Composed the original score to _"Wheel of Fortune" (1975)_ (qv), titled "Big Wheels". The original theme was used until 1983. Among the other game show themes Thicke has composed are _"Celebrity Sweepstakes" (1974)_ (qv) (the second theme used in this series), _"The Diamond Head Game" (1975)_ (qv) and _"Whew!" (1979)_ (qv).
- Was named "Father of the Year" by The Father's Day Council of Los Angeles, The Muscular Dystrophy Association, and The Juvenile Diabetes Foundation.
- He sang and composed the theme to the cult-classic TV game show _"The Wizard of Odds" (1973)_ (qv), hosted by 'Alex Trebek' (qv).
- Jason Seaver, Thicke's character on _"Growing Pains" (1985)_ (qv), was ranked #37 in TV Guide's list of the "50 Greatest TV Dads of All Time" [20 June 2004 issue].
- (1974) Son, with 'Gloria Loring' (qv), 'Brennan Thicke' (qv) was born.
- Attended the University of Western Ontario