Oct. 4th, 1950
Passaic, New Jersey, USA
Alan Rosenberg's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Younger brother of producer 'Mark Rosenberg (I)' (qv), who died of a heart attack in 1992 at the age of 44.
- He was the New York State backgammon champ in 1982.
- His character, divorce lawyer Eli Levinson in the 1991-1993 courtroom series _"Civil Wars" (1991)_ (qv), was so popular that it was repeated on _"L.A. Law" (1986)_ (qv) for the 1993-94 season. Rosenberg had already appeared in two episodes as lawyer William Willis in 1989/90.
- Cousin of 'Donald Fagen' (qv)
- Father was a swing-era musician.
- Appeared with his wife, 'Marg Helgenberger' (qv), in the _"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" (2000)_ (qv) episode "Weeping Willows". According to Helgenberger, on the DVD commentary, he was uncomfortable treating her the way he does, even though it was just a fictional encounter.
- During the 'radical' 60s, Alan became a member of the Black Panthers and was an active protestor of the Vietnam War.
- Made his Broadway debut in "Lost in Yonkers."