Oct. 4th, 1950
Passaic, New Jersey, USA
Alan Rosenberg's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Met second wife actress 'Marg Helgenberger' (qv) while both were appearing in the daytime soap _"Ryan's Hope" (1975)_ (qv) in 1984. Alan was married at the time to actress 'Robin Bartlett' (qv). They hooked up again by accident at a Los Angeles bank two years later (Alan was now divorced) and married in 1989. They have one son and have appeared in several projects together, including the Lifetime TV-movie _Giving Up the Ghost (1998) (TV)_ (qv).
- Played both saints and sinners: from gangster Frank Nitti in a TV biopic of Al Capone to the Apostle Thomas in the controversial film _The Last Temptation of Christ (1988)_ (qv).
- His character, divorce lawyer Eli Levinson in the 1991-1993 courtroom series _"Civil Wars" (1991)_ (qv), was so popular that it was repeated on _"L.A. Law" (1986)_ (qv) for the 1993-94 season. Rosenberg had already appeared in two episodes as lawyer William Willis in 1989/90.
- Made his Broadway debut in "Lost in Yonkers."
- Cousin of 'Donald Fagen' (qv)
- 23 September 2005 - Alan beat out 'Morgan Fairchild' (qv) and 'Robert Conrad (I)' (qv) to become the new President of the Screen Actors Guild.
- Has a son named Hugh.
- He was the New York State backgammon champ in 1982.