Oct. 4th, 1950
Passaic, New Jersey, USA
Alan Rosenberg's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Righteous Kill
2005 - Robots
1990 - Impulse
1989 - Miracle Mile
1988 - The Last Temptation of Christ
1987 - White of the Eye
1979 - The Wanderers
Guest TV Roles
- During the 'radical' 60s, Alan became a member of the Black Panthers and was an active protestor of the Vietnam War.
- His character, divorce lawyer Eli Levinson in the 1991-1993 courtroom series _"Civil Wars" (1991)_ (qv), was so popular that it was repeated on _"L.A. Law" (1986)_ (qv) for the 1993-94 season. Rosenberg had already appeared in two episodes as lawyer William Willis in 1989/90.
- Has a son named Hugh.
- Father was a swing-era musician.
- Met second wife actress 'Marg Helgenberger' (qv) while both were appearing in the daytime soap _"Ryan's Hope" (1975)_ (qv) in 1984. Alan was married at the time to actress 'Robin Bartlett' (qv). They hooked up again by accident at a Los Angeles bank two years later (Alan was now divorced) and married in 1989. They have one son and have appeared in several projects together, including the Lifetime TV-movie _Giving Up the Ghost (1998) (TV)_ (qv).
- Made his Broadway debut in "Lost in Yonkers."
- Appeared with his wife, 'Marg Helgenberger' (qv), in the _"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" (2000)_ (qv) episode "Weeping Willows". According to Helgenberger, on the DVD commentary, he was uncomfortable treating her the way he does, even though it was just a fictional encounter.
- He was the New York State backgammon champ in 1982.