Jul. 22nd, 1978
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
5' 6 1/2
A.J. Cook's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - Night Skies
2003 - Final Destination 2
2001 - Out Cold
1999 - The Virgin Suicides
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest
Born on July 22, 1978, in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada, to Mike and Sandra Cook, Andrea Joy Cook is one of the rising young stars in Hollywood today. Though she didn't begin acting until age 17, Miss Cook has appeared in nearly a dozen films and several TV shows before the age of twenty-five. Before taking up acting, she was a dancer, having started dancing competitively at age 4 in the styles of tap, jazz, and ballet. Her first big role came in the 1999 film The Virgin Suicides (1999), directed by Sofia Coppola. Later that year she landed the role of Shelby Merrick in the TV series "Higher Ground" (2000), which also starred her good friend and fellow Canadian Jewel Staite.
- Her father, Mike, is a teacher and her mother, Sandra, works for a psychiatrist.
- Is good friends with fellow _"Higher Ground" (2000)_ (qv) cast mate, 'Jewel Staite' (qv).
- Was first "Higher Ground" cast member to know of Hayden Christensen's winning the role of Anakin Skywalker.
- Before she got into acting, she was a competitive dancer and taught dance back home in Oshawa
- Her first acting job was in a McDonald's commercial in 1997
- She has three siblings, Nathan, Paul and Angela.
- AJ and her husband, Nathan Anderson, welcomed baby boy, Mekhai Allan Anderson, September 13, 2008. He weighed 7 lbs, 10 oz and was 20 inches long.
- Expecting her first child in late September/early October 2008.