Sep. 25th, 1962
New York City, New York, USA
Aida Turturro's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Rob the Mob
2014 - Fading Gigolo
2011 - A Little Help
2001 - Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles
2001 - Sidewalks of New York
1999 - Mickey Blue Eyes
1999 - Deep Blue Sea
1998 - Fallen
1998 - Celebrity
1996 - Sleepers
1995 - Denise Calls Up
1995 - Money Train
1994 - Junior
1993 - Manhattan Murder Mystery
1992 - Jersey Girl
1991 - What About Bob?
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Aida Turturro was born in Brooklyn, New York, daughter of a Sicilian mother Dorothy, a homemaker, and an Italian-American father Domenick Turturro, an artist Actors John Turturro, Nicholas Turturro, and Natalie Turturro are her cousins.
Turturro has worked to raise public awareness of rheumatoid arthritis.
Turturro appeared in her first film in 1989.
She has also acted in films such as What About Bob?, Jersey Girl, Illuminata. Turturro also had a small part in the 1996 Drama Film Sleepers and in Deep Blue Sea.
She appears also in the 2005 movie Romance & Cigarettes, directed by her cousin John.
Turturro appeared in the eighth season episode "Car Periscope," of Curb Your Enthusiasm.
She appeared in Nurse Jackie for an episode. She was the titular character's lawyer. She reunited with her co-star from the Sopranos Edie Falco, who plays the titular character.
- Played Mayor Dawgmeat in the SUNY New Paltz production of Li'l Abner her senior year (1984).
- Appeared on Broadway in A Streetcar Named Desire in 1992
- Played 'James Gandolfini' (qv)'s daughter in _Romance & Cigarettes (2005)_ (qv) and his sister in _"The Sopranos" (1999)_ (qv).
- She has been a long-time friend of her _"The Sopranos" (1999)_ (qv) co-star 'James Gandolfini' (qv). In addition to their work on this hit show, they have appeared in three feature films together: _Angie (1994)_ (qv), _Fallen (1998)_ (qv) and _Romance & Cigarettes (2005)_ (qv), and have co-starred in a 1992 Broadway revival of "A Streetcar Named Desire", which also starred 'Jessica Lange' (qv) and 'Alec Baldwin' (qv).
- Cousin of 'Nicholas Turturro' (qv), 'John Turturro' (qv), 'Ralph Turturro' (qv), 'Amedeo Turturro' (qv) and 'Diego Turturro' (qv).
- Majored in theatre at State University of New York, New Paltz, and graduated in 1984