Jun. 11th, 1945
Sacramento, California, USA
5' 3 1/2
Adrienne Barbeau's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Adrienne Jo Barbeau (born June 11, 1945) is an American actress and the author of three books. Barbeau came to prominence in the 1970s as Broadway's original Rizzo in the musical Grease, and as Carol Traynor, the divorced daughter of Maude Findlay (played by Bea Arthur) in the sitcom Maude. In the early 1980s, Barbeau was a sex symbol, starring in several horror and science fiction films, including The Fog, Creepshow, Swamp Thing, and Escape from New York. During the 1990s, she became known for providing the voice of Catwoman on Batman: The Animated Series and subsequent Batman cartoon series. In the 2000s (decade), she appeared in the HBO series Carnivàle as Ruthie the snake dancer. Barbeau was born and raised in Sacramento, California, the daughter of Armene (née Nalbandian) and Joseph Barbeau, who was a public relations executive for Mobil Oil. Her mother was of Armenian descent and her father's ancestry included French-Canadian, Irish, and German. She has a sister, Jocelyn, and a half brother on her father's side, Robert Barbeau, who still resides in the Sacramento area. She attended Del Mar High School in San Jose, California. In her autobiography, Barbeau says that she first caught the show business bug while entertaining troops at army bases throughout Southeast Asia, touring with the San Jose Civic Light Opera.
- (March 1997) Gave birth to twin boys, Walker and William.
- In her film the "The Fog," the two leads, Adrienne Barbeau and Jamie Lee Curtis, do not appear in any scenes together.
- Was portrayed by 'Bridget Jones (I)' (qv) in an episode of the cult TV series _"Mystery Science Theater 3000" (1988)_ (qv).
- Her memoir, "There Are Worse Things I Can Do," went to #11 on the Los Angeles Times Best-seller list.
- Her nude scene in _Swamp Thing (1982)_ (qv) was intended only for European release but eventually made its way onto an American DVD of the movie -- until a Texas housewife complained of her sons' inadvertently viewing nudity in a PG-rated movie, at which point the DVD was recalled.
- Is of French and Armenian ancestry.
- Attended Foothill College, Los Altos Hills, California.
- Won the prestigious Theater Guild Award for her portrayal of Rizzo in the original Broadway production of "Grease."