Jun. 11th, 1945
Sacramento, California, USA
5' 3 1/2
Adrienne Barbeau's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Alice Jacobs Is Dead
2008 - Fly Me to the Moon
2007 - Unholy
2000 - The Convent
1997 - Bimbo Movie Bash
1993 - Demolition Man
1989 - Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death
1986 - Back to School
1982 - Creepshow
1982 - The Thing
1982 - Swamp Thing
1981 - Escape from New York
1981 - The Cannonball Run
1980 - The Fog
Guest TV Roles
Helga Von Guggen (Voiced)
White Magic Practitioner
Ms. Peters (segment "Teacher's Aide")
Adrienne Jo Barbeau (born June 11, 1945) is an American actress and the author of three books. Barbeau came to prominence in the 1970s as Broadway's original Rizzo in the musical Grease, and as Carol Traynor, the divorced daughter of Maude Findlay (played by Bea Arthur) in the sitcom Maude. In the early 1980s, Barbeau was a sex symbol, starring in several horror and science fiction films, including The Fog, Creepshow, Swamp Thing, and Escape from New York. During the 1990s, she became known for providing the voice of Catwoman on Batman: The Animated Series and subsequent Batman cartoon series. In the 2000s (decade), she appeared in the HBO series Carnivàle as Ruthie the snake dancer. Barbeau was born and raised in Sacramento, California, the daughter of Armene (née Nalbandian) and Joseph Barbeau, who was a public relations executive for Mobil Oil. Her mother was of Armenian descent and her father's ancestry included French-Canadian, Irish, and German. She has a sister, Jocelyn, and a half brother on her father's side, Robert Barbeau, who still resides in the Sacramento area. She attended Del Mar High School in San Jose, California. In her autobiography, Barbeau says that she first caught the show business bug while entertaining troops at army bases throughout Southeast Asia, touring with the San Jose Civic Light Opera.
- Nominated for a 1972 Tony Award as Best Supporting or Featured Actress (Musical) for her portrayal of bad-girl Rizzo in the original Broadway production of "Grease".
- Her nude scene in _Swamp Thing (1982)_ (qv) was intended only for European release but eventually made its way onto an American DVD of the movie -- until a Texas housewife complained of her sons' inadvertently viewing nudity in a PG-rated movie, at which point the DVD was recalled.
- Her roles in _The Fog (1980)_ (qv) and _Escape from New York (1981)_ (qv) were written specifically with her in mind.
- In 1978, a poster of Adrienne wearing a tight purple corset was a best-seller. The poster's image later served as a cover photo for her autobiography.
- Bust: 34DD.
- Is of French and Armenian ancestry.
- Was portrayed by 'Bridget Jones (I)' (qv) in an episode of the cult TV series _"Mystery Science Theater 3000" (1988)_ (qv).
- Made her Broadway debut in _Fiddler on the Roof (1971)_ (qv) in 1968, where she met another young, up-and-coming actress named 'Bette Midler' (qv). "I guess I adopted some of her enthusiasm and hopefully her street smarts," said Barbeau.