Jun. 11th, 1945
Sacramento, California, USA
5' 3 1/2
Adrienne Barbeau's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Adrienne Jo Barbeau (born June 11, 1945) is an American actress and the author of three books. Barbeau came to prominence in the 1970s as Broadway's original Rizzo in the musical Grease, and as Carol Traynor, the divorced daughter of Maude Findlay (played by Bea Arthur) in the sitcom Maude. In the early 1980s, Barbeau was a sex symbol, starring in several horror and science fiction films, including The Fog, Creepshow, Swamp Thing, and Escape from New York. During the 1990s, she became known for providing the voice of Catwoman on Batman: The Animated Series and subsequent Batman cartoon series. In the 2000s (decade), she appeared in the HBO series Carnivàle as Ruthie the snake dancer. Barbeau was born and raised in Sacramento, California, the daughter of Armene (née Nalbandian) and Joseph Barbeau, who was a public relations executive for Mobil Oil. Her mother was of Armenian descent and her father's ancestry included French-Canadian, Irish, and German. She has a sister, Jocelyn, and a half brother on her father's side, Robert Barbeau, who still resides in the Sacramento area. She attended Del Mar High School in San Jose, California. In her autobiography, Barbeau says that she first caught the show business bug while entertaining troops at army bases throughout Southeast Asia, touring with the San Jose Civic Light Opera.
- Won the prestigious Theater Guild Award for her portrayal of Rizzo in the original Broadway production of "Grease."
- The winner of the _The Cannonball Run (1981)_ (qv), she also won the heart of her co-start, 'Burt Reynolds (I)' (qv), who was then at the height of his popularity.
- Nominated for a 1972 Tony Award as Best Supporting or Featured Actress (Musical) for her portrayal of bad-girl Rizzo in the original Broadway production of "Grease".
- Has son, Cody. Father 'John Carpenter (I)' (qv)
- Her memoir, "There Are Worse Things I Can Do," went to #11 on the Los Angeles Times Best-seller list.
- Sister-in-law of musician and actor 'Steve Van Zandt' (qv).
- Mother is of Armenian ancestry.
- Attended Foothill College, Los Altos Hills, California.