Jun. 11th, 1945
Sacramento, California, USA
5' 3 1/2
Adrienne Barbeau's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2012 - Argo
2012 - Argo
2009 - Alice Jacobs Is Dead
2008 - Fly Me to the Moon
2007 - Unholy
2000 - Across the line
2000 - The Convent
1997 - Bimbo Movie Bash
1995 - Judge Dredd
1993 - Demolition Man
1993 - Father Hood
1989 - Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death
1986 - Back to School
1982 - Swamp Thing
1982 - Creepshow
1982 - The Thing
1981 - Escape from New York
1981 - The Cannonball Run
1980 - The Fog
Guest TV Roles
Selina Kyle (Voiced)
Helga Von Guggen (Voiced)
Ms. Peters (segment "Teacher's Aide")
Adrienne Jo Barbeau (born June 11, 1945) is an American actress and the author of three books. Barbeau came to prominence in the 1970s as Broadway's original Rizzo in the musical Grease, and as Carol Traynor, the divorced daughter of Maude Findlay (played by Bea Arthur) in the sitcom Maude. In the early 1980s, Barbeau was a sex symbol, starring in several horror and science fiction films, including The Fog, Creepshow, Swamp Thing, and Escape from New York. During the 1990s, she became known for providing the voice of Catwoman on Batman: The Animated Series and subsequent Batman cartoon series. In the 2000s (decade), she appeared in the HBO series Carnivàle as Ruthie the snake dancer. Barbeau was born and raised in Sacramento, California, the daughter of Armene (née Nalbandian) and Joseph Barbeau, who was a public relations executive for Mobil Oil. Her mother was of Armenian descent and her father's ancestry included French-Canadian, Irish, and German. She has a sister, Jocelyn, and a half brother on her father's side, Robert Barbeau, who still resides in the Sacramento area. She attended Del Mar High School in San Jose, California. In her autobiography, Barbeau says that she first caught the show business bug while entertaining troops at army bases throughout Southeast Asia, touring with the San Jose Civic Light Opera.
- Returned to NY stage for first time in 34 years to portray Judy Garland in "The Property Known as Garland" written by husband playwright Billy Van Zandt
- Has son, Cody. Father 'John Carpenter (I)' (qv)
- Won the prestigious Theater Guild Award for her portrayal of Rizzo in the original Broadway production of "Grease."
- Her role in _Halloween (2007)_ (qv), was ultimately cut from the final finished film.
- Was portrayed by 'Bridget Jones (I)' (qv) in an episode of the cult TV series _"Mystery Science Theater 3000" (1988)_ (qv).
- (March 1997) Gave birth to twin boys, Walker and William.
- The winner of the _The Cannonball Run (1981)_ (qv), she also won the heart of her co-start, 'Burt Reynolds (I)' (qv), who was then at the height of his popularity.
- Attended Foothill College, Los Altos Hills, California.