Apr. 30th, 1965
Pittsfield, Massachusetts, USA
Adrian Pasdar's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2003 - Secondhand Lions
1993 - Carlito's Way
1993 - Grey Knight
1987 - Near Dark
1986 - Solarbabies
1986 - Streets of Gold
1986 - Top Gun
Guest TV Roles
ADA David McClaren
President Paul Garcetti
Agent Mark Fallon
Hugo Strange (Voiced)
Adrian Pasdar was born in Pittsfield, Massachusetts, but at the age of 2, his father, a prominent heart surgeon, moved the family to Powelton, Pennsylvania, a suburb of Philadelphia. In high school, he excelled at football, eventually leading to a football scholarship at the University of Florida in 1983.
Football may have been a promising future, had it not been for a terrible accident during his freshman year that left his face scarred and his legs badly injured. A very driven Adrian finished his freshman year in a wheelchair, doing intensive physical therapy and turning his attention to campus stage productions and rediscovered a childhood interest in writing and acting. No longer able to play football, he dropped out of school and returned home, taking a job with a theater group People's Light and Theatre Company. Here he worked on sound, lighting and set construction. While constructing a set, he cut off the end of his left thumb. Adrian, having the ability to turn tragedy into triumph, used his medical compensation to pay for attendance at the famous Lee Strasberg Theater Institute. At the age of 19, he auditioned for a role in Top Gun (1986). Director 'Tony Scott (I)' was so impressed that he wrote the part of Chipper just for him. This led to bigger roles in Solarbabies (1986), Streets of Gold (1986), and 'Kathryn Bigelow's 1987 cult vampire movie Near Dark (1987), with Adrian in the lead role of Caleb Colton. He also appeared in Vital Signs (1990). Adrian has always been an actor ahead of his time, opting for roles in independent and cable movies long before they were considered fashionable for feature actors to do. In 1992, feeling completely out-of-touch with reality, Adrian left Hollywood to return to New York. He worked as a cashier for room and board, while taking the occasional small part, such as Frankie in 'Brian De Palma's Carlito's Way (1993). Another major break came in 1995, when Adrian was cast as the title character on the short-lived Fox series "Profit" (1996). He continues to act in supporting roles and has now added directing to his already impressive body of work. He wrote and directed the short film Beyond Belief and also directed a feature film entitled Cement (1999).
- Worked at his father's friend's diner, the Vandam Diner, in lower East Manhattan.
- Directed the feature film _Cement (1999)_ (qv) in which one of the characters - played by 'Gregory Jbara' (qv) - watches an episode of the cult TV series _"Profit" (1996)_ (qv), whose Pasdar was the lead actor.
- His screen writing and directorial debut was an unreleased short film called Beyond Belief (1995), which debuted at the East Hamptons Film Festival in October of 1995. It won the finalist award at the Houston Film Festival in June 1996.
- Second child, a son, Beckett Finn Pasdar, with 'Natalie Maines' (qv), born weighing 7 lbs, 7 oz on July 14, 2004.
- Dated 'Gregory Peck' (qv)'s daughter, 'Cecilia Peck' (qv).
- Worked as a tech resident in an internship with the People's Light and Theater Company in Malvern, Pennsylvania.
- Was an English major in college, but dropped out after his freshman year.
- Lived for a year in Berlin and Paris.