Jul. 10th, 1976
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Adrian Grenier's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Entourage
2013 - Goodbye World
2011 - Revenge of the electric car
2010 - Teenage Paparazzo
2008 - Adventures of Power
2006 - The Devil Wears Prada
2003 - Bringing Rain
2003 - Anything Else
2002 - Love in the Time of Money
2001 - Harvard Man
2001 - Artificial Intelligence: AI
2000 - Cecil B. DeMented
1999 - Drive Me Crazy
1998 - Celebrity
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Adrian Grenier is an American actor, musician and director. He is best known for his lead role on the HBO original series, Entourage, as Vincent Chase.
Grenier was born in Santa Fe, New Mexico and raised in Manhattan, New York, by his mother, Karesse Grenier, a real estate agent. His mother met his father, John Dunbar, in a commune in the 1970s and the two were never married. Grenier is of Apache and European descent. He went to Bard College where he studied molecular biology but then discovered that drama was his passion.
In 1997, Grenier made his film debut in the independent drama Arresting Gena. In 1999, he played opposite Melissa Joan Hart in Drive Me Crazy as well as in Britney Spears' music video "Crazy", and in 2001, starred in James Toback's Harvard Man. In 2002, Grenier made his directorial debut with the documentary, Shot in the Dark. The documentary chronicles his years-long search for his father, with whom Grenier's mother broke up when Adrian was still a baby. Grenier and Dunbar remained estranged for 18 years, and in 2001, Adrian began work on the documentary in an attempt to forge a relationship with Dunbar. The two eventually reunited and maintain a warm relationship. HBO premiered the documentary on June 3, 2007.
In 2004, Grenier landed the lead role in the HBO series Entourage, which has brought him his most substantial notice and success. In 2006, he won a role in The Devil Wears Prada, as Anne Hathaway's boyfriend, Nate.
On June 2, 2008, Grenier's new show, Alter Eco, premiered on Planet Green. The show features the actor and his team of green experts showing changes that can be made to become more eco-friendly.
On September 27, 2010 HBO premiered the documentary Teenage Paparazzo, a film concerning the relationship between the celebrity and society that Grenier worked on for three years as a producer. The work features interviews with celebrities such as Lindsay Lohan, Alec Baldwin, and Whoopi Goldberg.
In addition to being a filmmaker, Grenier is also a musician, playing guitar, drums, French horn, and the piano. He is a member of two New York bands, lead singer in Kid Friendly and drummer in The Honey Brothers.
Grenier is a member of the Democratic Party; in November 2009 he joined former President Bill Clinton in launching the Clinton Foundation's Millenium Network in Los Angeles, CA.
- Met _Bringing Rain (2003)_ (qv) director 'Noah Buschel' (qv) through a mutual ex- girlfriend.
- He was raised by his mother, Karesse Grenier, a New York City real-estate agent. Growing up, he didn't know who his father was. His parents met while living in a commune, and split up soon after Adrian's birth. The documentary _Shot in the Dark (2002)_ (qv) covers Adrian's search to find out who his father was, meet and get to know him. Also involved in the film, as both producer and on-camera interviewer, was Adrian's friend 'Jonathan Davidson (I)' (qv).
- Native American roots in New Mexico.
- Was a stone-cold hippie bongo drum player while attending Bard College.
- Born in New Mexico and raised in Manhattan, New York.
- Cousin of actor 'Evan Ferrante' (qv).
- Nylon Magazine's "Future 'John Travolta' (qv)" in 2001.
- Drummer for the band 'The Honey Brothers (I)' (qv).