Feb. 27th, 1962
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Adam Baldwin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Gospel Hill
2008 - Drillbit Taylor
2005 - Serenity
2004 - Evil Eyes
2000 - The Patriot
1996 - Independence Day
1995 - How To Make An American Quilt
1994 - Wyatt Earp
1992 - Where The Day Takes You
1992 - Radio Flyer
1991 - Guilty by Suspicion
1990 - Predator 2
1989 - Next of Kin
1988 - The Chocolate War
1988 - Cohen and Tate
1987 - Full Metal Jacket
1984 - Reckless
1983 - D.C. Cab
1981 - Ordinary People
1980 - My Bodyguard
Guest TV Roles
Rex Mason (Voiced)
Hal Jordan (Voiced)
Captain Steven Harris
Colonel Dave Dixon
Major James Bowen
Adam Baldwin (born February 27, 1962) is an American actor. He is known for his roles as Animal Mother in Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket, Ricky Linderman in My Bodyguard, Knowle Rohrer in The X-Files, and Marcus Hamilton in Joss Whedon's Angel. He also established a cult following as Jayne Cobb in the series Firefly and the movie Serenity.
Baldwin was born in Chicago, Illinois. He studied at New Trier Township High School East in Winnetka, Illinois, and once worked as a truck driver.
Appearing in dozens of films since 1980, Baldwin rose to prominence as the troubled outcast, Ricky Linderman, in My Bodyguard (1980), and moved on to bigger roles in D.C. Cab (1983), Full Metal Jacket (1987), Independence Day (1996), and Serenity (2005) — in which he reprises his role as the mercenary Jayne Cobb from the television series Firefly. His other work includes Radio Flyer (1992), From the Earth to the Moon (1998), The X-Files (Knowle Rohrer), Smoke Jumpers (1996), The Cape, Men in Black: The Series, Stargate SG-1, Angel, The Inside, NCIS and the 2005 remake of The Poseidon Adventure. He also starred in the ABC series Day Break as Chad Shelten in 2006. Baldwin parodied the Ricky Linderman character in the 2008 film Drillbit Taylor.
Baldwin won a SyFy Genre Award in 2006 for Best Supporting Actor/Television for his role as Jayne Cobb in the television series Firefly.
Baldwin was cast as Clark Kent/Superman in the first DC animated universe movie, Superman: Doomsday, based on DC Comics' The Death of Superman and is currently co-starring in the NBC television show Chuck as NSA Agent John Casey. The show premiered September 24, 2007.
Baldwin has a role as a voice actor in the Xbox 360 game Halo 3. He voices a Marine in the game. He is joined in this capacity by former Firefly colleagues 'Nathan Fillion' and 'Alan Tudyk'. The personality each of these actors are given in the game match those from their characters in Firefly. At several points in the game he is heard to shout "Have a taste of/Say hello to Vera!", a direct reference to his favourite gun in the show. The line "sure would be nice if we had some grenades", from the movie Serenity, also appears.
He also appears as a voice actor in Half Life 2: Episode 2 as additional voices for various resistance soldiers and citizens throughout the game.
Baldwin is currently a featured writer on the conservative/libertarian blogging website Big Hollywood.
- Was named TV Guide's Sexiest Newcomer in 2005 even though he started his acting career in 1980.
- One of four actors from _"Firefly" (2002)_ (qv) who voiced superheroes on _"Justice League" (2001)_ (qv). He voiced Hal Jordan, the Silver Age Green Lantern, while 'Nathan Fillion' (qv) voiced the Vigilante, 'Gina Torres' (qv) voiced Vixen and 'Morena Baccarin' (qv) voiced Black Canary.
- Voiced the second Green Lantern Hal Jordan on _"Justice League" (2001)_ (qv), and later chosen to voice Superman/Clark Kent for the DVD feature _Superman/Doomsday (2007) (V)_ (qv).
- Alumnus of New Trier Township High School East, Winnetka, Illinois. Other New Trier graduates include 'Ralph Bellamy' (qv), 'Charlton Heston' (qv), 'Rock Hudson' (qv), 'Hugh O'Brien (I)' (qv), 'Ann-Margret' (qv), 'William Christopher' (qv), 'Bruce Dern' (qv), 'Penelope Milford' (qv), 'Virginia Madsen' (qv) and 'Liz Phair' (qv).
- During his time away from work, Adam likes to mountain bike, go bowling, play Frisbee and baseball.
- Both Adam Baldwin and _"Angel" (1999)_ (qv) co-star 'David Boreanaz' (qv) have provided the voice of DC Comics' Green Lantern Hal Jordan, Baldwin in _"Justice League" (2001)_ (qv) and Boreanaz in _Justice League: The New Frontier (2008) (V)_ (qv).
- No relation to the Baldwin brothers 'Alec Baldwin' (qv), 'Daniel Baldwin (I)' (qv), 'William Baldwin (I)' (qv) and 'Stephen Baldwin (I)' (qv), who are from Long Island, NY (Adam is from the Chicago area).