Nov. 3rd, 1954
London, England, UK
Adam Ant's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1995 - Cyber Bandits
1988 - World Gone Wild
1987 - Cold Steel
1986 - Nomads
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Musical Guest
Adam Ant (born Stuart Leslie Goddard, 3 November 1954, Marylebone, London) is an English musician who gained popularity as the lead singer of New Wave/post-punk group Adam and the Ants and later as a solo artist, scoring ten UK top ten hits between 1980 and 1983, including three No.1s. Ant was also a star in America where he not only scored a string of hit singles and albums, but was once voted sexiest man in America by the viewers of MTV. He is also an actor, having appeared in over two dozen films or television episodes between 1985 and 2003.
Since 2010, Ant has undertaken a major reactivation of his musical career, performing live regularly in his hometown London and beyond, recording a new album and with two full-length UK national tours now completed and a US national tour now scheduled. His present comeback continues and thrives despite concerns about such activities being merely another symptom of the mental health issues which were in considerable part responsible for his lengthy spell of near-inactivity spanning the late 1990s and 2000s.[
- (January 2002) Admitted to the Royal Free Hospital in London, England. This followed his arrest for pulling out a gun at a pub.
- Dated 'Amanda Donohoe' (qv) in the early 1980s.
- April 10, 1998 daughter Lily Goddard born
- Dated 'Heather Graham (I)' (qv) in early 1990s.
- His mother was once a housekeeper for Paul McCartney.
- He was the first ever MTV "guest VJ."