Aug. 7th, 1982
Lochinvar, New South Wales, Australia
Abbie Cornish's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2011 - Sucker Punch
2010 - Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole
2009 - Bright Star
2008 - Stop-Loss
2007 - Elizabeth: The Golden Age
2006 - A Good Year
2006 - Candy
2004 - One Perfect Day
2004 - Somersault
Guest TV Roles
Abbie Cornish grew up on her parents 170 acre farm in the Hunter Valley town of Lochinvar with her 3 brothers and younger sister. Abbie started modeling at age 13 because she was "bored". Her first acting job was at age 15 on the Australian Broadcasting Commission series "Children's Hospital" (1997) playing a quadriplegic.
- After reaching the final of a competition by "Dolly" magazine, she worked as a model for a while.
- Met boyfriend 'Ryan Phillippe' (qv) while filming _Stop-Loss (2008)_ (qv) in August 2006. They have been together ever since.
- Was voted "Australia's Sexiest Vegetarian" in 2008.
- Born as second of five children, she has three brothers and a sister.
- Good friends with 'Rose Byrne' (qv).
- Was considered for the role of Briony - 18 years old for _Atonement (2007)_ (qv), but bailed out due to scheduling conflicts with _Elizabeth: The Golden Age (2007)_ (qv).
- Plays piano and guitar.
- Ranked #80 on Maxim's Hot list 2007.