Aug. 7th, 1982
Lochinvar, New South Wales, Australia
Abbie Cornish's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2011 - Sucker Punch
2010 - Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole
2009 - Bright Star
2008 - Stop-Loss
2007 - Elizabeth: The Golden Age
2006 - A Good Year
2006 - Candy
2004 - One Perfect Day
2004 - Somersault
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest
Abbie Cornish grew up on her parents 170 acre farm in the Hunter Valley town of Lochinvar with her 3 brothers and younger sister. Abbie started modeling at age 13 because she was "bored". Her first acting job was at age 15 on the Australian Broadcasting Commission series "Children's Hospital" (1997) playing a quadriplegic.
- Learnt to drive at the age of 12.
- Served as a judge at the The Reel Deal Short Film Festival on August 11, 2007 at the Revesby Workers' Club in Sydney, Australia.
- Good friends with 'Rose Byrne' (qv).
- Was considered for the role of Briony - 18 years old for _Atonement (2007)_ (qv), but bailed out due to scheduling conflicts with _Elizabeth: The Golden Age (2007)_ (qv).
- Is good friends with former _"Wildside" (1997)_ (qv) co-star 'John O'Hare (II)' (qv).
- Met boyfriend 'Ryan Phillippe' (qv) while filming _Stop-Loss (2008)_ (qv) in August 2006. They have been together ever since.
- Has been a vegetarian since the age of 13.
- Born as second of five children, she has three brothers and a sister.