Aug. 7th, 1982
Lochinvar, New South Wales, Australia
Abbie Cornish's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - RoboCop
2013 - The Girl
2012 - Seven Psychopaths
2011 - Limitless
2011 - Sucker Punch
2009 - Bright Star
2008 - Stop-Loss
2007 - Elizabeth: The Golden Age
2006 - Candy
2006 - A Good Year
2004 - Somersault
2004 - One Perfect Day
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Abbie Cornish (born 7 August 1982) is an Australian actress known for her film and television roles, particularly her award-winning lead performance in 2004's Somersault, and internationally for her role as Fanny Brawne in Bright Star and her appearance as Sweet Pea in Sucker Punch.
Her career began at the age of 13, when she began taking jobs as a model after reaching the finals of a Dolly Magazine competition. In 1999, Cornish was awarded the Australian Film Institute Young Actor's Award for her role in the ABC's television show Wildside and was offered her first role in a feature film, The Monkey's Mask.
In 2004, Cornish appeared in the award-winning short film Everything Goes with Hugo Weaving. She received the Australian Film Institute Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role, Best Actress at the FCCA and IF Awards and Best Breakthrough Performance at the 2005 Miami International Film Festival for her role in Somersault. Cornish received critical acclaim for her role in Candy, opposite Heath Ledger. She has also starred in A Good Year, Elizabeth: The Golden Age and Kimberly Peirce's Stop-Loss. In April 2010, Cornish was cast in Limitless, the film adaptation of the novel The Dark Fields, directed by Neil Burger and also starring Bradley Cooper and Robert De Niro.
Cornish narrated Zack Snyder's film Sucker Punch at the 2010 San Diego Comic-Con International.
Cornish played the role of Wally in Madonna's film W.E., about Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson. She replaced Emily Blunt in the independent film The Girl. It premiered at Tribeca Film Festival in 2012. She starred alongside Woody Harrelson and Colin Farrell in Seven Psychopaths, released in 2012. Cornish co-starred in the 2014 RoboCop reboot. She played Clara Murphy, the wife of protagonist Alex Murphy (Joel Kinnaman).
Abbie Cornish grew up on her parents 170 acre farm in the Hunter Valley town of Lochinvar with her 3 brothers and younger sister. Abbie started modeling at age 13 because she was "bored". Her first acting job was at age 15 on the Australian Broadcasting Commission series "Children's Hospital" (1997) playing a quadriplegic.
- Her parents split up when she was 16 years old.
- Was considered for the role of Briony - 18 years old for _Atonement (2007)_ (qv), but bailed out due to scheduling conflicts with _Elizabeth: The Golden Age (2007)_ (qv).
- Favorite actresses are 'Cate Blanchett' (qv) and 'Samantha Morton' (qv).
- Learnt to drive at the age of 12.
- Born as second of five children, she has three brothers and a sister.
- Served as judge of the Myer Fashions on the Field event at the 2007 Melbourne Cup.
- Met boyfriend 'Ryan Phillippe' (qv) while filming _Stop-Loss (2008)_ (qv) in August 2006. They have been together ever since.
- Served as a judge at the The Reel Deal Short Film Festival on August 11, 2007 at the Revesby Workers' Club in Sydney, Australia.