Jul. 6th, 1975
Queens, New York City, New York, USA
50 Cent's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Caught in the Crossfire
2010 - Morning Glory
2010 - Twelve
2009 - Dead Man Running
2008 - Righteous Kill
2007 - Live!
2006 - Home of the Brave
2005 - Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Musical Guest
Born in the South Jamaica section of Queens, Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson has lived in New York City all his life. Raised by his grandparents after his father ran out and his mother was shot when he was only eight. Growing up, the Queens rapper originally wanted to be a heavyweight boxer, but eventually fell back on rapping. DJs had taken it upon themselves to release two Best of 50 Cent mix CDs, before he had even signed to a major label. 50 Cent hit the scene with "How To Rob An Industry Nigga" and he's been on a rampage ever since dealing with bootleggers, label back stabbing and other platinum selling artists trying to get at him physically. In 1999 his album Power of the Dollar, was heavily bootlegged and Trackmasters/Columbia never released it. Supposedly, Trackmasters weren't comfortable with him being caught up in the streets and getting shot three days before filming the video for "Thug Love," (with Destiny's Child) -- his first single. 50 was shot three times that night, two shots hitting him in the head, the bullet that struck his face he carries as a reminder of what happened. That event led to the fall out with Columbia and negotiating his release from their grasps. He still showed love and rhymed over a Trackmasters produced remix of "I'm Gonna Be Alright" on J-Lo's latest album, but rivals at Murder Inc. had 50 cut from the track which could have launched the rapper. This all changed in one night when Eminem said on a radio show that "50 Cent is definitely my favorite rapper right now, he's the only one keeping it real." The very next day a bidding war started on 50, ending when 50 signed to Eminem's very own label Shady/Aftermath. 50 Cent's fame has exploded, being produced by Dr. Dre and Eminem and finally making his debut album "Get rich or Die Tryin'." 50 has full access and advantage of the streets through mix-tapes; that's his forum because he controls it. 50 Cent is the most anticipated artist of 2003. It's well deserved because he's "been patiently waiting."
- Was #8 on the annual Forbes magazine Celebrity 100 list in 2006
- His favorite actor is 'Charlie Sheen (I)' (qv).
- Neither drinks alcohol nor smokes.
- Was accompanied by actress 'Vivica A. Fox' (qv) to the MTV Video Music Awards 2003
- His cartoon-like photo on the cover of his album "The Massacre" was meant to make him look like a Ninja Turtle, his son's favorite cartoon characters. He is also a fan of the cartoon, his favorite turtle being Donatello.
- Favorite foods are fried chicken and watermelon. Favorite drink is kool aid.
- In 2007, Forbes Magazine estimated his earnings for the year at $33 million.
- Recorded an album in 1999 titled "Power of the Dollar" but it was shelved by Columbia Records due to his legal problems at the time.