Touch of Evil Goofs/Mistakes
- Movie Goof (crew or equipment visible): At the beginning of the famous opening long shot, at the point where the bomb is planted in the trunk of the car, the reflection of a crew member is briefly seen in the upper left hand corner of the screen.
- Movie Goof (audio/visual unsynchronized): As the couple is getting into the car at the beginning of the movie, there is exhaust coming from the tailpipe well before we hear the ignition noise.
- Movie Goof (continuity error): The car that blows up four minutes into the film has the Texas plate AG 3724. 32 minutes into the film police car number 10 also has the Texas plate AG 3724.
- Movie Goof (crew or equipment visible): Crew and equipment reflected in the side of Vargas's car as he prepares to take his wife to the american motel.
- Movie Goof (continuity error): The degree of beard stubble on Quinlan's face changes from sequence to sequence within the same night.
- Movie Goof (continuity error): At the end of the famous opening tracking shot, you can see the sky beginning to change to daylight but the rest of the shots in the sequence happen in the dead of night.
- Movie Goof (continuity error): As the night-man leads Vargas to cabin seven, Vargas jumps from his right side to his left at a cut.