The Informant! Goofs/Mistakes
- Movie Goof (anachronisms): When the shot of Tokyo is shown, there is a Half-pipe coaster. This story takes place in 1992-1994. The coaster was built in 2005.
- Movie Goof (errors in geography): In the scene when they supposedly are in Mexico, the pay phone model reveals they are actually at some Aeromexico lounge in the US.
- Movie Goof (continuity error): When Whitacre first goes in yelling at his boss, his bosses pen appears and disappears between shots.
- Movie Goof (anachronisms): When Mike meets with the FBI agents after they discovered he informed Schmidt of the raid he shows up in a Mercedes SL-Coupe (R129 chassis) which is correct for the period, but the wheels are Mercedes Benz style 530 which were not released until the 2005 Mercedes Benz S-Class (W221 chassis).
- Movie Goof (anachronisms): The film takes place from 1992-1994, yet the cars have Illinois license plates that first appeared in 2001.
- Movie Goof (continuity error): The establishing shot for the first scene at Brian Shepherd's office states that the office is in Springfield, Illinois, but shots of the door to the FBI to Shepherd's FBI field office says Decatur, Illinois, where ADM is located.
- Movie Goof (anachronisms): When they are playing golf in Hawaii. The close up of the golf spikes that are being worn are Nikes. Nike did not have a presence in the golf industry when the film was taking place. Their entrance into the golf world did not happen until around 1996.
- Movie Goof (anachronisms): At the scene where Whitacre is in his BMW outside an Econo Lodge, the logo on the top of the motel is one that was introduced in 2008, well after this movie takes place.