Fine modern rendition of William Shakespeare's classic tale of revenge. Gibson proves that he is an actor as much as a hunk!
- Director Franco Zeffirelli reportedly wanted Mel Gibson for the titular role after seeing his near-suicide scene in Lethal Weapon
- This was the first Shakespearean role that Glenn Close had ever attempted on either stage or screen.
- Mel Gibson's only previous Shakespearan experience was playing Juliet in an all male production of "Romeo and Juliet" in Australia. By contrast, Alan Bates (who played Claudius) had played…More
(check your email for the verification code)
1. Check your bulk/spam folder.
2. Try to whitelist our email address
Resend verification email
ShareTV ® - The Online Television Community