- Probst developed the script in a writing workshop. Stephen Baldwin liked the script and used his connections to help Probst get the film made.
- On the DVD commentary, Probst states that he and Erik Palladino did not get along and argued frequently.
- 'Jeff Probst (I)' had only 17 days to shoot the film because he had to return to his commitment as host of Survivor.
- "Coop", the 5th poker buddy who couldn't make it to that night's game is shown in the photo that Bolan looks at. He is "played" in the photo by the film's writer/director 'Jeff Probst (I)'.
- The story was inspired by a real-life incident. 'Jeff Probst (I)' found a man's wallet on the street, with a name but no phone number, so he called another person's number that was inside. The man who answered said he was a cousin of the owner, and instructed Probst to mail it to him. Probst says he has always wondered if the other man really was a cousin.