City of Ember Goofs/Mistakes
- Movie Goof (continuity error): After Doon and Lina jump through the hole and run away to escape from the giant mole, Lina suddenly is wearing a miners helmet. In the succeeding scene the helmet is gone again.
- Movie Goof (continuity error): As Doon is walking to look at the Generator room, a girl in full orange work gear and yellow boots walks across the control room and towards a hall. The shot changes to the door. Then when it goes back to Doon, the same girl(orange gear, yellow boots) gets up from the left and starts walking across the room again, before the shot changes back to the door.
- Movie Goof (continuity error): The scene where Doon is watching the boat follow its track, the boat automatically launches into the water. Yet when the three get into the boat, the boat does not launch until Doon pulls a lever.
- Movie Goof (continuity error): When Lina Mayfleet receives her red messenger poncho she puts it on quickly and begins lacing up the one side. She never finishes and does a cruddy job. When she runs out the door thereafter, she is interrupted when she reaches the door to verify she knows protocol. Her poncho is perfectly laced at this point.
- Movie Goof (plot holes): SPOILER: When Doon, Lina and Poppy ride the boat out of Ember, they slide down a long water cave... but end up high in the mountains. Even though they had climbed up a long stairs on the way out, it wasn't enough to make them reach that high knowing ember is hundreds of feet below earth.