A Night at the Roxbury Trivia
- Amy Heckerling directed some scenes (uncredited).
- In the scene after Doug and Steve are dumped, as they're driving on the highway, the song in the background was originally the somber "No Surprises" by Radiohead. This cut of the film was presented at the test screening in Westbury, New York about six months prior to the film's release.
- Originated as a skit on Saturday Night Live, with Jim Carrey in addition to Will Ferrell and Chris Kattan.
- In one scene, Dan Hedaya and friends are listening to Emily play the piano. She is playing the song "Where Everybody Knows Your Name," the Cheers theme song. Hedaya played Nick Tortelli on Cheers from 1984 to 1987.
- Jim Carrey contributed to the script but was uncredited.
- The CD that can be seen in the CD player above Doug's bed when Steve tries to wake him up is of the U2 album Pop.