TV Forum

TV Forum » TV Show Chat » General Discussion
soler
pro
General Discussion

I have posted a link to here , over on the Crimespace site. Hopefully , we will get some of the old faces as well as a few new ones as well.

3 years ago
Comments
deedee713
guru

Brit, isn't Ray Winstone a favorite of yours? I know Ian McShane is. Have you seen this on Acorn? It looks intriguing.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0914837/

12 days ago
soler
pro

dee ... enjoyed reading the interview with Nicola Walker .... especially the last question . She said she's good at keeping secrets unless she's drunk . lol Immediately thought about her scene with Caroline ( Last Tango ) when they went to supper and wound up getting drunk together. When she blabbed to Caroline about killing her abusive husband in the barn and sober the next morning woke Caroline up to ask her if she was going to go to the police. lol Yeah Nicole give us yur PIN . LOL

12 days ago
tymothe

Hi. Does anybody know how long after a show is aired can it be viewed on Sharetv?

12 days ago

I love them both, Deedee they are some duo together (Sexy Beast). I saw that when I was on Acorn TV and as much as it interested me, I thought it would be way too much for me. If you have the nerve to watch it let me know, but something tells me that it is going to be a tense, nail biting experience and I don't think I would enjoy it. Now, that being said, exy Beast is one of my favorite movies and that is no walk in the park, so go figure.

lol Yeah Nicole give us yur PIN .

Love! I recently listened to a Scandinavian audiobook (crime story) on BBC4 read by Nicola Walker. She has a wonderful voice, I enjoyed them so much. They were all short fifteen minute stories with a twist at the end. She was perfect in the role of detective (she was speaking in the first person).

12 days ago
deedee713
guru

Brit, it's worth checking in if only for the first shot of Ian McShane.

I'll let you know how intense it is.......once I can watch it!

Right now it's pixelating (is that a word?) every 10-15 seconds or so and is unwatchable. I have customer support involved, I'll see where that goes.

Ian Hurt, Tom Wilkinson, Ian McShane, Ray Winstone - so much talent in one place.

9 days ago
deedee713
guru

Meanwhile, I'm trying to mete out Chasing Shadows. Only four miserly episodes - seriously, ITV? - and it's fascinating. Alex Kingston and someone I've never seen before - Reece Shearsmith. He's excellent.

He's the male counterpart of Saga from The Bridge, Danish, the good one. He's Sheldon Cooper before he was magically cured. He speaks out at a press conference and his boss - Humphrey's boss in DIP - demotes him from Homicide to Missing Persons.

I highly recommend it.

Was Acorn TV always this good? It's a shame we have to pay and pay again on TOP of paying for the vast wasteland of cable, but there you go. Someone came up with a formula and we're all opting for it. Brilliant.

9 days ago
deedee713
guru

Hah........how 'bout that. Acorn TV customer support has the same problem when they play 44 Inch Chest.

Guess now it will get fixed.

9 days ago

Deedee, you may want to check out "The Trials of Jimmy Rose" on Acorn. I am not sure you will like it - it is definately a vehicle for Winstone fans. He is playing the type of role he does best and he has the fab Amanda Redman playing along-side him. They have such a chemistry on screen (re. Sexy Beast) they sizzle together. Carla was not as enamoured as I was with it, Winstone's productions are a bit rough around the edges (as he is), but that is what attracts me to him. Rough exterior, all heart inside...lethal combination.

Now for "Sherlock". I was very happy to see Mary again, did not expect it and I was pleasantly surprised. Another crazy ride, parts were good, others confusing and the sibling angle - what the heck is that all about? I will say this, I was switching through the channels the other evening to see the President's farewell speech and I saw that the new series "Taboo" was playing. I had read a little about it, but I never bother to check out any of the new series as I know I will be disapointed and find them lacking. Since it was before me I decided to watch some of it.

I have less complaint about "Sherlock" after seeing this. You want to talk about out there...this was Dickens on steriods - cold, dark, cruel, black (I am no fan of Dickens, let me put that right out there). Who are they marketing this to? Dear Lord, it makes "Sherlock" look like a walk in the park. I have no desire to go back and revist, although the cast was not lacking, many familar faces.

8 days ago

The language in Taboo was base, I guess in the early 1800's people only knew a few choice words and repeated them often. This was done (of course) for effect - "been there done that" as Ian McShane had already broken this taboo :) years ago with "Deadwood" and did it well I may add, even though I did not care for this series. I watched enough of his performace, which was mezmerizing, to know the difference between a fine, colorful one and an attention seeking one. Even the language used in the Spartacus TV series, which also had its' moments - often - I did not find as offensive because it did not seem as out of character given the time, place and feel of the production. In Taboo, it just came off gratuitous.

Another point about "Sherlock"... did you all recognize the character who played Sherlock's drug induced alter ego? No other than the reporter who took up way too much time in Poirot's "Big Four". I have not and will not ever forgive Mark Gatiss for the mess he made of that production.

I have read enough about him to know that he and his cronies are a very tight click, they use the same people (their friends) in the productions they are involved in. Let's just say they are very cliqueish, you are either in the inner circle or not considered. That is how he got the role of Major Benjy in the new adaption of Mapp & Lucia, by way of Steve Pemberton, in which he was entirely miscast. It was a disaster.

8 days ago

I guess he wanted his good buddy to have a meaty part in his Poirot production, so our friends were left with crumbs and a completely new character, who had nothing to do with the story, was written in and given a major role. He and his cronies are the fair-haired boys these days, wield quite a bit of power, and can do no wrong in industry eyes. Well, a pox on him, 'cause I have not drunk the kool aid and what goes up, will eventually come down. You don't mess with Poirot and get away with in my book.

8 days ago
deedee713
guru

Wait, what, Sherlock's drug induced alter ego? I may have hated the entire mess enough to have missed that.

I hated what they did to Toby Jones and hate that Sherlock is getting all of the money from PBS whilst many other dramas go hungry.

I turned on Taboo, and promptly turned it off. Another Game of Thrones piece of filth.

Brit, I'll have to look up your recommendations. Thanks.

8 days ago
deedee713
guru

Here is what Reece Shearsmith (and Selina Caldell, she of Doc Martin) is doing instead of working on a third season of Chasing Shadows.

Which the writers, in their infinite wisdom, saw fit to end on a cliffhanger in 2014 after only two seasons.

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2017/jan/03/selina-cadell-actor-the-dresser-reece-shearsmith-harriet-thorpe

7 days ago

Ken Scott as well, the last time we saw him was in The Missing.

I re-watched Sherlock last night and I must say I enjoyed it more the second time around. After seeing that Taboo debacle, I had a new appreciation for it - lighter, humorous and clever. I still don't know where the sister came from.

Deedee, you will be glad to know that there are no future plans for more Sherlock as of now. I read an interview with Moffat and he says due to the celebrity of Cumberbatch and Freeman, getting them back together for another series cannot be planned at this point. They are very busy, have numerous offers and see Sherlock as their fun job to be undertaken (I guess) when nothing more interesting or lucrative comes along. Even they don't take it seriously anymore. It will be at least two years before something may again appear and my impression is that that is even highly unlikely.

Ms. Abbington did mention that the amount of time that she and Freeman were apart, due to work, played a significant role in their break-up. More or less, she was home with the children while he traveled with his busy career. Eventually, she said, you get to the point where you get use to being without the other person and build your own life. If one can read into this, by the time they split they were probably disengaged as a couple for sometime and therefore, were able to make a amicable break.

7 days ago

Interesting tidbit.. Endeavour (ITV) and Sherlock (BBC) new episodes recently aired at the same time in the UK. I think (but am not sure) that Sherlock was already airing when Endeavour started its' run. So, the overlap may have been only an episode or two. Don't know how they fared against each other. Endeavour seems to be going strong and the future seems bright for the series. As long as Thursday stays part of the cast I will continue to watch. When (and if) he goes, I go.

7 days ago
alastair
pro

Brit, that is indeed good news about Mary. Hmm, I'm confused - wasn't she mortally wounded by a bullet meant for Sherlock earlier. Anyway, will watch for the repeat this weekend..

There's a new PBS program called 'Variety Studio: Actors on Actors.' Very compelling to see actors interviewing other actors in their most recent roles. Good to see our friend Sally Field as one of the participants, discussing 'Doris'. She can be very selective now with the scripts that come her way, and she immediately said yes to this one. So glad she did!

7 days ago

Hmm, I'm confused - wasn't she mortally wounded by a bullet meant for Sherlock earlier. Anyway, will watch for the repeat this weekend..

Alastair, I can see where you would be confused! I don't want to say anymore, all will be revealed when you watch the episode.

I never got to watch the last episode in the series The Hollow Crown. Somehow I missed it with all the goings-on with the holidays and Carla was correct, this series and Christmas did not mix. Airing it at another time during the year may have been a better choice. I am far from sorry about missing it and think I will leave it as is. Deedee, you said that Richard III got his just desserts in the end and I will let that be it.

6 days ago
carlapbs
guru

Seeing the first two shows of this season, I'm now caught up on Sherlock. They were like some crazy whirlwind trip into a world of pure fantasy with the word "trip" taking on more than one meaning. They were definitely adventures, which is one thing they have in common with the Conan Doyle stories. However, unlike the original stories, these shows were way far out as if on another planet. Even with the shows being fast paced, I was never completely into them and found myself stopping them to do other things.

Because they are so fast paced with so many things happening, I don't think of them as mysteries anymore. They seem to be more like psychological thrillers. The show has been too much "let's get into Holmes' brain" for my liking. Bringing in an unknown sibling gives them even more of an excuse to let the show live within Holmes' brain.

Mary will be a big loss. I understand why they would want to return to the Holmes/Watson dynamic, but she will be missed. I like that she was in the second episode, and it wasn't hokey.

I'm not excited to see tonight's episode but will eventually watch to see how it wraps up everything. When I think back to the very first episode of the show, an exceptional show which was more of a mystery and not so out there, I am a little saddened that the show took the path it did. At least they have a good mix of humor and darkness, and I find the humor their saving grace.

5 days ago
soler
pro

Ha Ha .,.. agree Carla , don't know what the h##l I was watching , needed to be on some kind of hallucinogenic drug to follow this story line. Only good thing was the few seconds of that old Freddie Mercury song by which I went to You Tube to listen to the full version , haven't heard that in a long time lol . Kept picturing Jeremy Brent while I watched this and it made me long for the old days. One show I did enjoy watching was ' Victoria ' which followed . Top quality production I thought. Lots of intrigue which kept my interest throughout. Rufus Sewell has a prominent part as the Prime Minister who seems to be one of her few friends , sooooo many people just waiting for the young queen to put a foot wrong. Didn't recognize Peter Bowles ( Duke of Wellington ) at first , oooooh how we all get older. Was kind of reminded of the downstairs staff of Downton Abbey with the antics of Penge and one of the house boys in his business with the candles and how to sell them on for a small profit. As in Downton , It's a whole different world downstairs. Thought I saw a short clip of ' Home Fires ' which will air in April sometime . Thought this show was not renewed . Will this be reruns I wonder ?

4 days ago
deedee713
guru

Very nice indeed, Brit. Ray Winstone that is. In the Fat Andy (my poor dear departed Warren Clarke) vein, but my heart belongs to Warren. Meanwhile, I was having a senior moment and couldn't remember his last name and found this. How sad, if true.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/11904325/Dalziel-and-Pascoe-star-Warren-Clarke-died-penniless.html

I haven't yet watched Sherlock, hope that was the end of the series, but AV Club gave it a D . I have a feeling I'll agree.

On Victoria, the lead reminds me of a Keane painting or one of the apps kids use nowadays where faces are distorted. Don't like her, won't keep watching.

Hope Endeavour gets here soon.

So now I have to mete out Jimmy Rose (love Amanda) since there are only three episodes. And Sexy Beast is nowhere to be found on any of the streaming channels.

Oh, and The Affair is awful and so is Homeland.

Meanwhile, on a positive note (imagine, me being positive?) run don't walk to watch Bridge of Spies. Is Mark Rylance adorable, or what?

4 days ago
sheerwater
regular

Amanda Redman heads up the cast of ITV's new drama, The Good Karma Hospital which premieres this winter. The cast also includes Phyllis Logan.

https://www.itvmedia.co.uk/programmes/programme-planner/itv-commissions-medical-drama-good-karma-hospital

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZx-vScPuHg

Meanwhile, Alun Armstrong has a role in Prime Suspect: 1973 which is a 6 part adaptation of Lynda La Plante's novel 'Tennison' focusing on Jane Tennison's early days in the police.

https://www.itvmedia.co.uk/programmes/programme-planner/prime-suspect-1973

4 days ago
alastair
pro

Carla and Soler, Sherlock is a wild ride indeed - bizarre in places, I didn't even attempt to keep up. If you blink, you'll definitely miss something. I still admire the special affects, certainly has the wow factor.

I enjoyed Victoria also. Started off a bit dry and slow for me, but then got my attention pretty quickly... both funny and tragic in places. Good to see Peter Firth - I remember him from the film Tess in the early 80s. Good ensemble acting throughout!

4 days ago

Oh my, I have so much to catch up on!

Deedee, I am heartbroken to think that Warren Clarke was in such a position and feel for his wife who must be going through such a difficult time with both his loss and dealing with carrying on with little to live on. I know that actors are not paid as well in the Uk as in the States, where exorbitant salaries for actors in popular series is the norm, but for an actor of Warren Clarke's caliber, the man continually worked, to find himself in that position, is unbelievable. Unless he was extremely extravagant or had a bad habit that drank him dry - literally - and I have never read a word that was the case - this is a pity. Well, now we understand why so many British actors try to make it in Hollywood. You can't live on air, so to say they are selling out by taking on American TV projects is not a vaild response. Art for art's sake is all well and good when you are young, but it won't keep a roof over your head in your advanced years.

I remember telling the story of Peter Bowles remarking on how disappointed he was that "To The Manor Born" was not picked up as a series (again) after the 25 year one-off was done several years ago. He said he was hoping to fund his retirement with the proceeds. I took him seriously when he said it, I could tell he meant it, he was not joking. This gives even more credence to his words.

4 days ago

Speaking of Peter Bowles...Soler, I almost plotz when I saw PB walk into the room as the Duke of Wellington. I did not realize he as in the production, so it was such a nice surprise. You have to remember he is eighty years old, he was forty-nine/fifty when he did "To The Manor Born". That's when he was in his prime. I recently rewatched "Only When I Laugh", which was produced around the same time. He was superb in that... devastatingly handsome and his comedic timing was right up there with the best. I have to be honest, I worry about him, he is getting up there in age, I find myself saying a little prayer for his continued good health, when I think of him.

I liked "Victoria", didn't love it as I thought the movie "The Young Victoria" was more polished and historically correct. I couldn't understand all that superfluous stuff about the gloves and candles and the people downstairs because it doesn't really pertain to the story of her reign. Then it occurred to me that they were trying to attract the "Downton" crowd and it made sense. Rufus Sewell is always a joy to watch on screen, so if nothing else he will keep me coming back, as well as, to see the budding romance of Victoria and Prince Albert, as that was a true love story.

4 days ago

Just lost all I wrote about "Sherlock". I will try one more time...I absolutely hate when that happens!

Carla, if you didn't care for the first two episodes of "Sherlock" you are really not going to like the finale. They threw in everything but the kitchen sink. It was fantasy meets Swedish noir, meets Sherlock and Watson. It was a dark, intense episode. So much so, that it was uncomfortable at times to watch. It reminded me of the Danish/Swedish production of "The Bridge" which also had the same cold intensity and had the audience on edge as we watched a madman snuff out lives on a whim. We meet true crazy in this episode of "Sherlock".

There were parts that I did enjoy. As Alastair, I like the special effects, they certainly are a wow. I also like the humour and comradery. We learn more about Mycroft, his relationship with Sherlock and what makes him tick. Lots of secrets to be told. The premise of the story is confusing, we are taken for a drug induced ride and that is not coherent when you are not equally as high as as kite. I wonder about the state of the writers (I will say no more).

I have read the same things said in the article Soler posted - this season certainly has divided people on the series. The ending was good, and it was a definite ending. If they do not continue in the future, there are no loose strings left undone.

Thanks for the info Sheerwater. Amanda and Phyllis together in a series, now that is something to check out.

3 days ago

I just reread Soler's comments again having forgot (one of those senior moments, I am afraid) that he mentioned needing to be in a hallucenogenic state to understand this last episode and I have said the same thing in my comments. I think that pretty much sums it up.

3 days ago
deedee713
guru

They threw in everything but the kitchen sink. It was fantasy meets Swedish noir, meets Sherlock and Watson.

On acid. Well said, Brit. I hated it, loathed it and despised it, went away and came back, and didn't miss a thing.

I honestly feel Gatiss and Moffat ............ well, I wrote many endings to this sentence and they are all too rude.

I'll leave it at that.

I wonder about the state of the writers (I will say no more).

Hah! I read that after I wrote what I did.

I hope that's the end of Sherlock. The reviews are blistering, but audiences have short memories and will soon be clamoring for more.

It reminded me of the Danish/Swedish production of "The Bridge"

Oh dear me no, sorry. The Bridge was mesmerizing, well written and acted. Cumberbatch and Freeman - his reading of "she died" could have been about his goldfish - were phoning it in, and I couldn't care less about any of the characters. The sister idea was abysmal. The best thing about the show was the last 30 minutes which explained how the little puerile jackanapes were paid tons of money better spent on lesser know UK dramas.

And yes, imagine that Warren Clarke went home broke whilst these two get rich on this tripe.

Ah well.

3 days ago

Believe me Deedee, I was in no way comparing the quality of "Sherlock" to "The Bridge", I am in 100% agreement with you. What I was trying to say was that I think in the sister's actions the "Sherlock" writers borrowed from the dark intensity found in that production.

3 days ago
soler
pro

Surprised to read this about Warren Clark . Penniless .... wife sold engagement ring to pay bills . Something wrong here . Doesn't go into his financial history but what is it , gambling , string of bad business deals or is it that some people are just bad with money . Brit actors are not paid on the scale of Hollywood but really penniless at 67 with a work history he had . Never could figure out some of these Hollywood actors getting 1 million per ep, because the show they happen to be on is currently the hot item of the day.
Found this about the Sherlock stars ..... wonder why I'm thinking Cumberbatch's ego may be getting to big.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4126370/Benedict-Cumberbatch-Martin-Freeman-hardly-close.html

3 days ago
deedee713
guru

Gothcha, Brit. Understood.

3 days ago

Soler, in reading the article, I think you mean the writer, Mark Gatiss who plays Mycroft. He's the one who is quoted with his typical arrogance. Full of himself...yes, he is. I have been saying this for some time (see my rant above).

3 days ago

And, I quote...

"I did a phone-in after the Christmas special a few years ago and someone said [Sherlock] was too complicated for people to follow. I said, "Oh, go and pour some warm paste into your mouth".'

He added: 'Go and read a children's book with hard pages if you don't want to be challenged. We're making the show we want to make. We don't make it a certain way because fans are pressuring us."

3 days ago
deedee713
guru

Wow, what a wanker. It's not too complicated, it's just badly written.

Now that he's richer than Croesus yes, he can do what he wants. And he couldn't care less what the critics or the audience thinks.

BTW, Brit, Trials of Jimmy Rose was very, very good, too short of course.

3 days ago
soler
pro

Yes Brit ... I read that statement about that Gatiss character. So full of himself as you say and the only character on the show who can easily be replaced by a shelf ornament . No screen presence what soo ever. and this ' Go pour some warm paste into you're mouth ' lol what is this , is this some English put down slang I've never heard of ..... strange thing to say. Read a negative comment about Cumberbatch one time , something about ego , might have been a writer with a chip.

3 days ago

Read a negative comment about Cumberbatch one time , something about ego , might have been a writer with a chip.

Well Soler, the man is in demand everywhere - he is doing it all TV, movies... he even played Richard III. I can't imagine that living in a world where everyone wants you in their project and hangs on to your every word wouldn't stroke one's ego enough to enlarge it. So, there is a good chance that he has grown into his celebrity and wears it on his sleeve at times.

3 days ago

Deedee, Ray Winstone improved with age. I saw him (on 'The Tube) in an early TV series he did, although I still enjoyed him, he certainly did not have the gravis he does now. That was earned with honing his craft and age. He was at his prime in "Sexy Beast," the movie slays me every time. " If I wasn't already engaged (and he was single) that's the man I would marry now in my life.

BTW, Amanda Redman was stunning in the movie. She and Winstone have a chemistry on screen that is so intense you can actually feel it. I am not sure you will like "Sexy Beast", intense is the operative word with this movie.

The performances are stunning; as much as everyone talks about Patrick Stewart's (and Ian McShane is no slouch in this, he is right up to form) Winstone and Redman stole the film. I know that is only my opinion, but their characters were conveyed through control... you read everything they are feeling on their face and in their voices. Patrick Stewart was allowed to be a maniac and in many ways being a maniac is easier - you put yourself out there and cross the line of sanity. Being subtle is much more difficult.

Eventually the movie will come back on one of the cable channels. If I see it rerun I will let you know.

3 days ago
deedee713
guru

Thanks, Brit. I'm sure I would love it, but I can't find it anywhere. Not Netflix, Acorn, nothing.

Patrick Stewart made another version, or was he in Winstone's Sexy Beast?

Redman is in that as well? She and Winstone did have an amazing chemistry, and those eyes of hers!

If I wasn't already engaged (and he was single) that's the man I would marry now in my life.

Yowza!

3 days ago
deedee713
guru

Brit, have you seen these? Methinks he would like to smack the Heyyouguys guy upside the head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0YrRFmD7tQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM3cG8pd6nU

BTW, if you liked the piano over the credits of Trials of Jimmy Rose as much as I did, check this out. Ben is responsible for Vera's music as well. Sadly, the music of Jimmy Rose is not available.

http://www.benbartlett.com/page2/index.html

3 days ago

DeeDee, the "Sherlock" writer vanishes...pure gold. I quess I am not the only one who didn't drink the Kool Aid (referring to my previous post). I was kind of feeling like I was out in the cold, that does not seem to be the case.

Enjoying the videos, thank you so much!

Okay, you will have to excuse me, my mind has been on overload of late (Wedding Brain). I have been making more mistakes and forgeting things. I have got to slow down and remind myself to focus... I cannot believe I said Patrick Stewart when I meant Ben Kingsley regarding "Sexy Beast". Dear Lord, talk about causing confusion. Sorry about that, just be thankful you don't have to live with me right now!

3 days ago
deedee713
guru

:O) ....................... with all you've got going on, I think some brain freezes are quite understandable.

Now, what's my excuse?

3 days ago

Deedee, :)

3 days ago
deedee713
guru

Thanks, Brit. Glad to read it. They went a little too far with Gently's illness. I hope they don't do a Poirot on him.

I have a suspicion they will.

1 day ago
carlapbs
guru

Thanks for the great links, everyone! It will be good to have Amanda Redman, Phyllis Logan and Alun Armstrong back on our screens a little more often.

Brit, I'm not surprised they are officially ending George Gently. I will be sorry to see the show end and only hope they don't do a Poirot on him, as Deedee says. Although the early episodes were the best, in my opinion, the series has remained very good.

I'm so sorry to read that Warren Clarke had major money troubles. Some people can't seem to be able to hold onto a dollar no matter what, whereas others can turn a pittance into a million bucks. I feel badly for his wife.

22 hours ago
alastair
pro

Getting back to Maggie Smith for a moment, Deedee had mentioned she was her favorite character in Downton. I recently saw The VIPs on TCM, one of her early film roles. Not exactly humorous this time, but was very good. Great cast, including 'Burton and Taylor', Orson Welles, a very funny Margaret Rutherford (who won an Oscar), Rod Taylor, Dennis Price, and watch for the actress who played Lady Prudence from Upstairs Downstairs, in a small role.
It was also a joy to see Heathrow before it became a mega-airport. Oh, the good ol' days!

18 hours ago
deedee713
guru

I came across that, alastair, and am sorry I kept going. I tend not to like Burton and Taylor together.

Last I saw her outside of D/A was The Lady in the Van, and she was excellent.

Speaking of Burton, has anyone seen The Spy Who Came in from the Cold? Another film I pass by, perhaps I should linger. It would to be as good as The Day of the Jackal in order for me to enjoy it.

18 hours ago

Deedee, you liked The Lady in the Van? Have to admit I hated it - hated it. I found no redeeming value in the movie or the story. I watched it till the end, but I was cringing all the way. I know I am not in the majority, because I do think it was well received by most, just not me.

17 hours ago
alastair
pro

I liked Burton's performance in Night of the Iguana, based on the Tennessee Williams play. Good supporting cast, as well, especially Ava Gardner.

Burton and Taylor were really over the top in Virginia Woolf. I wonder if art imitated life in that one?

15 hours ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.