TV Forum

TV Forum » TV Show Chat » General Discussion
soler
pro
General Discussion

I have posted a link to here , over on the Crimespace site. Hopefully , we will get some of the old faces as well as a few new ones as well.

3 years ago
Comments
soler
pro

All the best .. a trip of a lifetime. Looking forward to the pics.

5 weeks ago
mangu123

I hope you have a trip of a life time. Break your legs.

5 weeks ago
alastair
expert

All the best, Brit!

5 weeks ago

Hi everyone, I am back!! It was truly a fabulous experience, someone was watching out for me because the wedding weekend was perfect. It all worked out as planned and we all had the times of our lives. I came home a bit under the weather from the plane ride back, it was crowded on the plane and I turned up the air flow, not a good thing to do as they recirculate that air and there were people coughing and sneezing on the plane to boot.

I am trying to get my feet back down on the ground again. It was a glamourous two weeks... I felt glamourous, dressed up for dinners, the wedding, and just looking my best everyday. I swear I look five years younger when I am there.

You are all not going to believe this... guess who had photo's taken on the red carpet, yes, moi!! The carpet was up for a romance reading festival they were having in Cannes for a few days, and it was still there on my wedding day. My photographer and I took photos of me in all my wedding finery on the steps with the red carpet rolled out. It honestly is not as glamorous in person as it looks in photos, much simpler when you see it in person, but the experience was something else.

There were tourists there taking pictures of the iconic red carpeted stairs and who arrives all dolled up in a pink dress...it did not occur to me when we decided to take pictures that anyone else would be interested. Well, there I was with cameras flashing all around me taking pictures of me as my photographer Philip was having me pose. It was like I was a celebrity! Philip was not surprised, he says, who doesn't want to take a picture of a princess smiling in a pink dress! I felt like a princess! It was a true red carpet experience.

12 days ago

The whole day was surreal. We also had an audience at the ceremony. Again, I imagined maybe a person or two. We had a full on crowd. I thought I was having a small, intimate wedding. Not at all, it was like I invited fifty guests. I wasn't all that focused on it at the time, I was more concerned with the ceremony itself, but once it was over and we took some pictures, I realized that there were people all around watching the ceremony. It was lovely, it really was.

When we were on the beach taking pictures at the restaurant, we walked past the neighboring restaurant to get to the spot Philip wanted to take pictures at. There were about fifty people outside on the beach dining, drinking and having fun...well, they all started clapping, standing-up, lifting their glasses and congratulation us. It was amazing. The husband said it was a moment he will never forget, all those people cheering for us. I raised my bouquet as I walked by and everyone erupted in applause.

That was my whole day... one incredible experience after another and all in one of the most beautiful places in the world.

I am trying to get caught-up on my TV viewing and haven't made much progress. I DVR'd "Poldark" and "The Collection", so hopefully I will get caught up soon.

Netflix has lost the rights to Poirot,... I am not a happy camper. When I was not feeling well all I wanted to do was watch my old friends as I drifted in and out of sleep, I find it the best cure. Well, not to be as the series is gone.

People were so kind, patient and wonderful to us all day. My quests were surprised how, no matter where we went, people let us do our thing and participated so pleasantly.

It was a day of a lifetime.

12 days ago

Somehow I got my last PP about Netflix caught in the middle of the wedding story. That was suppose to be at the end of my post!!

12 days ago
deedee713
guru

Glad to have you back, we missed you. What an amazing experience, I knew you would pull off a perfect fantasy.

But enough about you - how is Miss Buddy???

12 days ago
alastair
expert

Yes, welcome back! Sounds like you had a magical time!

12 days ago
soler
pro

Welcome home Brit ...... you're memories will last a life time.... yes .... how is Miss Buddy . lol

12 days ago

Miss Buddy did great!! I laid my clothes out for her next to my bed where she waits for me to get up in the morning and that helped a lot as my sister said she cuddled in them every day. I also called almost every day and talked to her and when she heard my voice she would go and sit in her litterbox and listened to me. She did this every time I called! It was like she was saying to herself, might as well go relax and sit in my potty while I am listening to my mom. She does this a lot when I go in to her room to sit with her, so she did the same thing when she heard my voice over the phone.

My little girl is tougher than I thought, she adapted and because my sister kept her routine the same - food kept coming on schedule etc. - my sister says she could see her telling herself that things are okay because life is as expected. Having her routine and my sister in the house kept her life stable.

I must have told her a hundred times that I was coming back and not to worry, mom would never leave her. Down deep, somewhere, I feel she understood that even though I was away from her so long. She knew I was coming back. I am thankful that she did so well and there were no issues.

My cat had the time of her life as my sister spoils her and she gets away with everything. She does as she wants and my sister says "oh, is that what you typically do, okay then" and she runs the house the way she wants it.

12 days ago
deedee713
guru

Brit, that is TOO adorable. I can just see her sitting in her litter, listening to your voice.

I'm so glad she is okay, and that you two had a beautiful time.

You done good.

11 days ago

Thanks, Deedee!

I am behind on my Dr. Blake Mysteries viewing so I am watching on Netflix. I am now in to Season 2. For the life of me I cannot remember who the patient was that passed away while Dr. Blake was in Singapore. It must have been a small recurring role from the first season, but I do not remember her. He was very sad to hear the news and mentioned it again later in the episode, so we must of seen her at least a few times the first season.

I know you are well past Season 2 and probably don't remember yourself. This is when I miss the IMDB forum. I would go there for this kind of info... someone else more than likely would have asked the same thing and I would have had an answer. Those forums were great, so sorry they are gone.

Spoilers...

The first episode with him back was well done, a strong story (I thought) and I was surprised about Joy. I liked her character and she was good for Dr. Blake. I know that life has another direction for the Doc as we proceed on, so I am assuming the writers were already moving in that direction at this point.

The jealousy we see on Jean's face when he gets off the bus and Joy is there with him, they make no attempt to downplay this, lets the cat out of the bag. Later, what she said to Joy about (her) making him happy and if that makes him stay in Ballarat then she supports Joy's relationship with him was telling. We now know (for sure) Jean is in love with Lucien.

Danny is gone and he will not be back. We now have Charlie. I have not warmed to him, hopefully that will change. At least CS Lawson is still with us.

The storyline with the daughter - I did not realize she was a young woman! He always spoke of her as a little girl, I was taken aback to find out she was 23.

11 days ago
deedee713
guru

Brit, everything you want to know about Penne Hackforth-Jones. Born in Greenwich, CT, can you believe it? She was only 63 when she died.

She was a patient of Dr. Blake's, a hypochondriac if I recall (I could be wrong), and he seemed to be exasperated when she arrived at his office. The grief was real, not acting, when they announced her death during the episode.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penne_Hackforth-Jones

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/latest-news/penne-hackforth-jones-dies-at-64/news-story/238324baca8890547757a650cf398738

Lots more surprises in store for you, Brit!

10 days ago

The grief was real, not acting, when they announced her death during the episode.

Thanks for the info. I could see and feel that, she obviously meant a great deal to series and the actors themselves. Those were real tears in Nadine Garner's (Jean) eyes, that was not just for the character and you could see real grief on Craig McLachlan's face. I just could not remember the character and for someone that had such an impact on the series I could not understand why. I was lost in the wind on that one.

I went back and re-watched part of E1 where we first met Nell and of course it all came flooding back. I then went on to re-watch the entire E9, "All that Glitters" as well in which she also starred. She was so lovely in the series, she showed a real affection and concern for Lucien and it was a tie to his past as she knew his mother and mentioned how proud she would be of him. Everyone, to this point in the series, always mentions his Dad, this was the first time anyone mentioned his mother.

So sorry that she passed so young and from lung cancer such a horrible disease.

10 days ago

I watched the first episode of The Collection last night. Has anyone else watched? I am not sure how I feel about this one, it seems to lack focus. I get that the main story is the rise to fame of a French house of couture, but the story is getting muddled and black and we have just started.

I have read reviews on FB, it is a mixed bag, 50/50 I would say, many giving up before the first episode finished.

I am interested enough to move on to episode 2 and see where we go. Sometimes it takes a few episodes before you get into it.

8 days ago

Watched the second episode of "The Collection" last night. Still not sure where they are going with this one. Rather dark, there is no light in anyone's life... murky past and future singed with death. I am in it so I will keep going. I wish it was more about the clothes and less about these awful people; except for the young seamstress and her friend, not a good one in the bunch.

6 days ago
deedee713
guru

Funny thing, Brit, this was another one for me that I gave up on very quickly. I couldn't find any of the characters interesting.

That seems to be it for the year. Too bad.

Some station was rerunning The Mrs Bradley Mysteries, and I couldn't believe my eyes at the end, counting up the Roman numerals! 1998 - it seems like yesterday.

5 days ago

Deedee, the good old days! Speaking of the old days I re-watched a few Agatha Chrisite's this past week with my sister. Miss Marple's Sleeping Murder (Joan Hickson) which is a marvel of a story and no matter how many times I watch it, it still intrigues; Poirot's (Suchet) Evil Under the Sun and the Geradine McEwan version of Murder at the Vicarage, which I much prefer to Hickson's, which to me is flat and lifeless. I love Joan Hickson, but not every adaption of hers was first rate.

Great guest stars in GM's version and since this was her first one out of the gate, money for production was not spared. The scenery and ambiance was top notch, there were flowers everywhere, they really honed in on the garden aspect, the color was crisp and the costumes were first rate.

I watched the first episode of Poldark last night. Soler, are you watching? I have to say that is one of the most beautifully produced series. In many ways it outshines Downton in that department. This is going to be one bleak season I feel. It is kind of depressing, I was having angst at every corner wondering what dastardly deed Evil George was up to next. I do feel if he did not have the influence of his uncle he might be a bit more tolerable, but only a bit.

Anyway, I see little joy in the future for any of the characters. I have not read the books, but have read a synopsis of the story various times and this is no fairytale. It is going to be one bumpy ride and I think it will only be time before I get off the roller coater.

I have to say that Ross is an idiot sometimes, I know he is a flawed character, but he is suppose to be the hero in all this, and to be honest the only reason he is because all the other men, other than Dwight, are horrible human beings.

5 days ago

The only real hero (heroine) in this mess these people call their lives is Demelza and Caroline is the next in line behind her. It's the women that stand out, the men are just a sorry bunch.

Well, that does exclude are beloved John Nettles as Ray Penvenen. He was a good guy. So sorry to see him leave the series. I thought John Hopkins (DS. Scott) is well cast in his role as Sir Francis Basset. In fact, I think this role suits him more than DS. Scott.

Back to why Ross is being an idiot yet again. What was the man thinking? He could have done some good as a magistrate and he lets George take the place that was rightfully his. You know that this is only going to lead to heartache for someone as George will always be his evil self. There is no justice with this man, only vengeance. I was quite surprised when Rev. Halse (Robin Ellis) offered Ross the position. Actually shocked, could Ross not be gracious for once and see farther than the end of his nose?

Next episode will be another hard one, getting Dwight out alive is going to be a hard road. I will give Ross his due for standing by his friend and putting himself in harms way to help his friend in time of need.

I worry for Geoffrey Charles, he is the most vulnerable and solely at George's mercy and no one should ever be at that man's mercy.

5 days ago
soler
pro

Yes Brit ..... watching Poldark and it is bleak , bleak , bleak . Directors seem determined that agony and despair will be the order of the day. French solders are so cruel only to be outdone by British solders . Thinking of them shooting down unarmed people who are taking food during the famine . They are just trying to survive. The only good thing I can say is I'm lovin' to hate George more and more. lol when he sentences these poor food thieves to prison. Yes, Ross would have been the best choice for magistrate but I really need to fuel my hate for George .. lol .. Yes, more Nettles would have been my choice as well and as for John Hopkins ... well , DS Scott was really more suited as a big city cop , rather than a Midsomer sidekick for Tom Barnaby but as for Sir Francis , will do nicely.
Neglected to enter The Collection into my DVR , but will do it now in order to catch the rest of the series. BUT not looking for anything great from this , as for what I read from ya. just curious now I suppose.

4 days ago

Soler, I am coming up to the third episode of The Collection and from what I read this episode starts to solidify the story. The clothes are supposedly more prominent, which is what I was looking for. I do think my expectations were high for this series and they weren't met. There was lots of intrigue and waywardness, but no focus. It may now be coming together as the comments I am reading are much more positive. We will have to see how it rolls from this point on.

3 days ago

I started watching Jack Taylor, PI starring Iian Glen of Downton Abbey fame. I have watched the first two episodes. I like the character, he's a tough living (and drinking) ex guard (police) who can't seem to find his way in life. The second episode The Pikeman was much better than the first which is aptly named The Guards. The first episode story was good, but the production is a mess. Things smooth out in the second episode.

He is a typical cliched PI, drinks more than any human could and still functions, get into horrible fights and is beaten-up at every corner, but mends perfectly no matter what state he winds up in. His accent, well, Glenn may be going for Irish, but it is a little bit of everything, he actual sounds American at times and it doesn't quite hit themark. As we start the second episode the supporting characters add much to the stories.

I would not recommend this series to anyone here. Let's just say it makes me appreciate "Dr. Blake" even more for all the right reasons.

These are tough stories often involving children and are typically brutal. This must be how the Irish does Swedish noir, but somehow without the Swedes experience and finesse in this genre it comes off as just brutal and coarse. I am not going near the one called "The Magdalen Maytyrs", actions which have left a gapping black hole from which Ireland and the Catholic Church can never climb out of... disgusting, vile and stomach turning. There are no words that will ever in a hundred lifetimes will make that go away, it is a cloud that will never leave. Then we have "The Priest", another I am not touching (guess what that is about) and "The Cross"... conjure up your worst thoughts and you will be correct on this one.

3 days ago

I have to correct myself, that is Iain Glen, I misspelled his name terribly in my last post. He actually is quite good in the role, it is the subject matter that is so off putting. I will watch one or two more and then walk away.

Oh, guess who is in the series as his (Jack's) mother? Kathleen Hendley from BallyK (actress, Aine Ni Mhuiri). What a surprise, I have not seen her in anything since BallyK. Funny thing, she looks older, but not that much older than she did back in 2001 when the series ended. I think they made her look older than she really was as Kathleen, she was always dressed dowdy and it gave an older impression. I looked on IMDB, but there is no info on her age.

3 days ago
deedee713
guru

Whoa. I think I started on that series, but didn't get very far. Reading the summaries in Wikipedia, I can see why.

And I like bleak and dark. But I've had enough cruel and sadistic nuns to last me a lifetime, I don't need to spend time on them again.

Thanks for the warning.

3 days ago

I understand, DeeDee. This series is not for you. I think you might like the Jack Taylor character, but the stories will upset you.

I was spared as I had a mother who had her own experiences and as far as she was concerned there was not a nun or priest that walked the face of this earth that she trusted and certainly not with her children. I was raised a Catholic, but really was only involved on the periphery, she never let us get too close to any aspect of it. I had my communion, confirmation and went to Sunday school where we had lay teachers. I attended only what was neccesary. At that time we were expected to be raised in some religion and she did not buck convention, as she would have done later in life. Others values still dictated the norm in those days, unlike today. Your family was Catholic, so you were, there was no discussion about it.

Now as an adult I also realize my grandmother did much to insulate me and I think it was by intention. She always donated generously to whatever I was involved in. For example, whe it came time for my first communion guess who donated funds to purchase the floral sprays (they were like floral crowns) that the girls all wore in their hair, and there were a good twenty or more of us... yep, my grandmother. Money talks in the Catholic religion, well any religion really. I went on my way in ignorance never realizing that the women in my life made sure I was protected. I come from quiet, but fiesty stock.

Later as I got older I realized that our parish was never sent a priest that wasn't a raging alcoholic or had an issue of some kind. When I come to think of it, I can't even remember any interaction with a nun, which is really saying alot given the environment we are speaking of.

2 days ago
deedee713
guru

Kudos to the women in your life, Brit. They done good too!

2 days ago

Thanks, Deedee!

2 days ago
alastair
expert

As you probably know, I hated last season of Poldark (except for Dwight and Caroline). I tuned in for the opening episode this season, and switched it off after 10 minutes. Like Deedee, I'm turned off by cruelty and violence. However, I gave last night a chance, and so glad I did. At times difficult to watch, but what a satisfying ending (except, of course, leaving the Captain behind during the rescue). Dr. Enys is more than a gentleman - a true empath at heart. Caroline is so lucky to have him back! By the way, I hope Morwenna and her friend can find a way to get back together..

15 hours ago

Soler, I watched the latest episode of The Collection last night, E3, it was quite good, the best yet. Lot's of couture and the story is starting to come together. To tell you the truth, if you start from here you will not be missing much story-wise, this episode pretty much summed up the past and it did it in a concise way. All together a tighter plot and the production quality is excellent, it is beautifully shot.

I am still not up to date on Poldark, I watched the episode where Ross goes to find Dwight. He is a loyal and true friend. When he jumped off the ship, well, that said so much about him, I could forgive him his other flaws. I was so angry with him that he let George loose on the bench, but he won me over with that one.

Dastardly George is so predictable, if there is a wrong side to choose, you know he will choose it. What a surprise to see he and Elizabeth take off for town, leaving everyone else behind! At least Morwenna, Geoffrey Charles and Aunt Agatha will have a little peace in their lives for awhile.

I have to say that Caroline is so striking beautiful, when she walks in to a room, or is in a scene, she fills the room, you can't take your eyes off of her. Her hair and clothes are exceptionally done. Elizabeth, who had this distinction in the beginning seasons, is receding in to the background. Demelza is a natural beauty, her beauty shines from the spirit within her.

15 hours ago
deedee713
guru

LOL, meanwhile Brit, I was enjoying (after Larry David of course) The Tunnel:Sabotage and Elise getting a needle filled with a virus in her eye.

I didn't think anything could be as good as The Bridge, but this wasn't bad at all.

13 hours ago

Deedee, I will check to see if The Tunnel is on Netflix. I thought The Bridge was excellent, if it comes close, that is a pretty strong recommendation.

12 hours ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.