GUIDE: Uploading a Main Show Image to ShareTV
The following outlines Image Requirements and Tips for Main Show Image Uploading and how to upload the image.
It is NOT a Guide to how to crop, enhance, or resize an image.
If you still need help after reading this Guide please ask a Moderator.
Note. All images should be of a good quality, not fuzzy, not stretched, not dark and not over bright, and of the correct ratio (as below).
If in the opinion of a Moderator an image is sub-standard for any reason they are empowered to correct or replace it WITHOUT reference to you.
However a Moderator may request you to do the correction.
Please report any bad image you find to a Moderator who may ask the original uploader to correct or replace or may do it themselves.
Before Uploading you should comply with the following
01. Image should be representative of the Show itself.
01.a. Image should carry the show title where possible.
01.b. Image should show the main cast where possible.
01.c. Image should be the Official image where possible.
01.d. The Title Page screenshot may be used if necessary.
02. Images MUST be 4:3 ratio. Display size is a maximum of 333px X 250px
02.a. Larger images than this will be reduced automatically to this size as long as they are in 4:3 ratio when uploaded.
02.b. Please try to use a full size image. Less than this ruins the look of our Database.
03. Images should NOT contain any of the following
03.a. Names of Other Sites or any URL.
03.b. Edging in any color unless necessary where the backround is white.
03.c. Visible anti-ripping markings.
04.d. Images without the airing date/time etc are preferred.
04. Images should be in color except where the show aired in black/white throughout its run in which case the image should be B/w.
05. In most cases it is insuffucient to copy/download the Google image as the copy you get will be smaller than the size numbers displayed by Google. You should go to the original site and rip the image from there.
06. In general it is best to get the biggest image possible (up to 800x600). and crop it to 4:3 ratio (after removal of any extraneous background or edging) and let our system reduce it.
This "compacts" the image and tends to make the image sharper.
07. When cropping please use a calculator to be sure that the height is exactly 75% of the width.
08. Images MUST be in Jpeg or GIF Format.
(other formats will be rejected)
09. When you have an image on your PC which complies with the above you are ready to upload.
(subject to your points status).
09.a. Find the Show Profile Page.
09.b. Click on [Edit Page].(top right)
09.c. The Main Edit Page is revealed.
09.d. Click on Edit Main Info
09.e. Main Info edit page opens
09.f. Move down to the blank show image logo which says "Coming Soon"
09.g. Below this Click on [upload new image]
09.h. Upload window opens
09.i. Click on "Browse"
09.j. Navigate in your PC to the folder containing the image
09.k. Highlight the image and click open
......Or double click the image. (either should work)
09.l. Uploading is now automatic.
09.j. Check dimensions shown when image appears.
10. Be aware ONLY MODERATORS MAY OVERWRITE an existing Image.
So be sure the image is needed before embarking on the above.
ShareTV thanks you for your assistance in imaging the Database.
> 3 years ago